Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Follow-up to the Vitamin Shampoo on sale at Walgreens...

If you read this post, you know that I was super excited about these Vitamin Shampoos currently on clearance at Walgreens (normally $7.49 each, now reduced to $1.89, 13 oz). If your local Walgreens carries this line (and apologies to those who can't find this at their locations!) then you might want to consider picking up a bottle or two.

For the past few days I've been using Vitamin Moisturizing Noni Berry and Lemongrass shampoo and conditioner, and I am truly impressed.


First of all, for a sulfate-free, paraben-free shampoo, I had NO problem at all with getting this formula to lather, and it created a rich, thick lather to boot! It smells heavenly, and I swear to you, of all the sulfate-free shampoos I've tried (and I've tried a ton) this ranks right up there with one of the best in terms of how clean it gets my hair. A lot of the time, if a shampoo lacks SLS, it lacks the oomph needed to really get in there and clean oily hair (my hair is super oily at the roots). But this one? Not a problem. My hair is ridiculously clean when I use this stuff, and even on day two it still retains that clean feeling.

As for the Vitamin Noni Berry and Lemongrass conditioner? It also rocks (and actually smells even better than the shampoo, which I didn't think could be possible) but I do want to warn anyone who needs deep conditioning that they're not going to get it with this product. Its conditioning properties are on the mild side, but over the weekend I deep-conditioned my hair (my hair is very dry at the ends and color-treated) so I needed a lighter conditioner on the days following. And this one fit the bill perfectly. It is making my hair so light and springy, I can't even tell you how happy I am with how my hair has been looking these days (even during these rainstorms we've been having Southern California this week).

I am also incredibly impressed with how SHINY my hair has been while using these products. I tried my best to capture the shine of my hair in these pics--hope you can see it. And FYI, my hair can look really dull if I use the wrong products, so I want to tell you that it's not naturally this shiny:



Ha! You can even see my Vitamin Shampoo bottles in my shower in this pic. :) And apologies for the dumpy brown hoodie I'm wearing--it's COLD in my house right now.



In this pic I just wanted to show you that, even though I just let my hair air-dry when I took this, my hair managed to have volume and bounce after using this products. With a lot of SLS-free shampoos, my naturally wavy hair ends up flat or totally frizzed out when I let it air-dry. Not with Vitamin Noni Berry and Lemongrass! Now I understand why that women bought 10 bottles of each before she left on her vacation (that's a story I mentioned in my original post, in case you missed it).

I obviously cannot speak for everyone and if your hair is different in texture, dryness or length than mine, these might not be the products for you. But if your hair is close to mine, you might want to check them out while they're just $1.89 a bottle (but hurry because, according to my local Walgreens employee, they're going to be at this price until they're gone, which means someone could come in and swipe them all).
SHARE:

11 comments

  1. Um, hello. You have gorgeous hair!

    Also, I would be tempted to try this if they had a dandruff formula. Unfortunately, anything else gives me the itchies. I'm about to kill TBS because they discontinued one of the only ones that doesn't smell like tea tree oil (which I don't mind but my husband absolutely hates the smell)! Grrrr!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see the shine! You have a nice lock of hair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. JT: OMG, thank you SO much. That compliment couldn't have come at a better time since I was so frustrated today I thought about chopping it all off. lol. I just suck at doing anything with long hair other than letting it hang naturally. I can't do an up-do to save my life. :( And I'm sorry they don't seem to make a dandruff formula. :(

    Rai: Thank you!! You are too kind, honey! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your locks ;] I need to trek to the Walgreens by my work, I'd really like to try this out, especially at such a great price. I always get great things for so cheap after seeing all the deals you talk about in your blogs! Looooove!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!! You have such beautiful hair!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think we have the same kind of hair (mine is long, wavy and fine, gets oily at the roots but dry at the ends and is prone to frizz). I'm definitely going to pick up this shampoo because I've been intrigued by SLS-free shampoos for a while but I've been hesitating because I have the same need for a good, cleansing lather. Lately I've been experimenting with cone-free conditioners, and have been liking the results, so can you tell me if the conditioner from this line has any dimethicone or other ingredients that end with "-cone"? Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have beautiful hair! Is that your natural hair color too?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Heather: Thank you so much, sweetie! I am so glad I can help you get some great deals on these goodies! xo

    Rita: You are too kind!!! Thank you SO much! xo

    J: I'm stoked to have a hair twin in you! You know, I tried using some cone-free conditioners in the past and there were a few I REALLY liked, but some that just did nothing for my hair. I just checked and the Vitamin conditioner has 3 different 'cones. Sorry! :(

    Anon: Why thank you!! And gosh no--I haven't seen my real hair color since...1990, I think? lol! My natural color is actually light brown, so it's not TOO much of a stretch these days (my current color has a touch more red in it). But in the past I've had everything from deep burgundy to fire engine red to platinum blonde. I've got the dry, damaged hair to prove it, too. lol. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. They're actually $1.72 at the Walgreens around here. There were barely any left when I visited one today. I managed to grab the last pair of blueberry avacado shampoo and conditioner. Only a couple random conditioners were left. I really wanted to get the noni lemongrass set though :( I'm going to try and visit another Walgreens tomorrow and see if I have any luck there!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your hair is tho friggin' thexy (yeah, I'm talking with a lisp. Again), it's crazy. I love your strawberry blonde shade and look at that shine! I'm jealous. My hair doesn't look remotely healthy/shiny/cooperative like yours.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Rubychopsticks: You know, some of them were ringing up $1.72 at my Walgreens while others were ringing up $1.89. Weird! Please keep me posted about your search of the Noni Berry & Lemongrass! And in the meantime, how are you liking the formula you got? I would love to know, as my location has a ton of those. :) xo

    Shela: LOL!!!! You are sure one to talk about gorgeous locks. Give me a BREAK, saying that your hair doesn't look as remotely healthy as mine. Are you blind, woman??? lol!! Love ya! xo

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig