Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Sunday, January 17, 2010

Sneak peek at Nailene's new SKINNY French Tip Pen!

I am obsessed with reading other bloggers' sneak-peeks and first-looks so when I am lucky enough to get one myself, I totally freak out. And that's exactly what I did last week when the kind folks at Nailene sent me the new Skinny French Tip Pen recently for review. This baby isn't even on store shelves yet, but it will be very soon (you'll start to see them at your local drugstores in February).

Wanna see? OK, here we go!







If you own one of Nailene's other French Tip Pens (click here to see my review of my favorite Pearl White pen), then you're probably wondering how the two tips compare. Here's a pic of the Skinny tip:



And here's a pic of the standard tip (this is the Pearl White pen):

And now let me show you how this baby performs. I applied one coat of Nailene Skinny French Tip Pen to my bare nails and I did NOT use Nailene Nail Guides, which I love and am usually hopeless without. I really wanted to test out this new skinny tip and see if it could improve the quality of my French mani lines, and guess what? It really, truly did. I was able to make MUCH cleaner lines and with much more precision and ease, compared to the standard tip.

(Apologies for this pic but I wanted to apply this and snap a pic as fast as I could so I took this before I cleaned up or applied top coat)

Now some of you may be saying, "Her lines aren't that great." But let me tell you something: I suck at freehand French mani tips. Seriously, I would never wear a French mani at all if it weren't for my beloved Nailene Nail Guides. I simply cannot draw a clean, straight line on my nail beds without them. So what you see in this picture above is pretty close to perfection for me, given that I did this freehand and without the help of guides. I am still amazed that I could do so well. This new tip really helps you get the precision you need (especially on the sides of your nail beds) and as you can see, even for a klutz like me, the clean-up is very minimal. In fact, I'm willing to bet that if you're a better French mani artist than me, you'll have little to no clean-up at all.

So tell me, when the Nailene Skinny French Tip Pen hits store shelves in your area, will be you picking one up? I'd love to hear if you're as excited about this new product as I am. So far I am loving it!

PS: It just occurred to me that you can probably do some fun nail art with this skinny tip too! I'll try out polka dots and post some pics later in the week.

A sample of this product was given to Nouveau Cheap for editorial purposes, either directly from the manufacturer or from the agency that works on behalf of the manufacturer. All reviews on NouveauCheap.blogspot.com are the honest opinion of its author and editorial samples do not, in any way, affect the outcome of product reviews.
SHARE:

11 comments

  1. Hi! I nominated you for an award! http://gabysbeautyblog.blogspot.com/2010/01/i-frequently-read-your-blog-and-haute.html

    =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. um yeah! great results! thanks for sharing. i'm not the greatest @ freehanding the tips, but the guides are not working out for me! ugh

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh i want it!!! i will definitely get this cause i stink at the freehand tip thing too! this is great! can't wait til it's out!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gaby: Thank you SO much! I'm off to check it out now. xo

    1xellus1: OK, I've heard people say that they haven't had luck with the nail guides, so I just want to pass along these tips to you and whoever else might be reading this (and please let me know if you have already tried any of these, ok?). First, you need to make sure your nails are free from any oils/lotions/nail polish remover when you start affixing them. And then once you place them into position, go over them several times with your index finger to really make sure you have a good seal. Then, once you start applying your tip color, try to apply it in sheer layers (the thicker your polish, the more likely it's going to seep underneath the nail guides). After your tip color has dried completely, try to remove the nail guides quickly as opposed to pulling them off slowly. I've noticed that the faster I pull them off, the cleaner the line. Please let me know if that helps, ok? xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. DeAnna: From one not-so-good-freehander to another, I think you will really like this. Please keep me posted once you get it, ok? xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. agreed that nail guides are a God send!! :) I would definatly pick this up if I saw it at the store...I LOVE me a good french mani! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. ohhh... i want this but I don't know if we have that here in Manila :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow they sent me a ton of stuff, I didn't know those weren't out yet! WOW! Fantastic review!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bargainista: Yay for another nail guide lover! I don't know what I'd do without those little gems. lol. Please keep me posted if you get this, ok? xo

    imlee: I'm so sorry--I have no idea if Nailene is available in your country, but I'll try to find out! :)

    April: Did they send you the Skinny Pen? If so, I'd love to know what you think of it! And thank you! xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have the regular pen and while I do like how easy it is to draw the lines I find that the tip chips off alot easier than with other white polishes. Do you have this problem? I use a really good top coat over it too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Whaaatt??! Don't you go all "[my] lines aren't that great", G- you should see MY French manis! Half the time I get my lines so squiggled they look like curliques =D Your nails are BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig