Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Monday, January 4, 2010

I found the CVS Semi-Annual Beauty Sale (haul pics!)

[UPDATE: I've got white-hot breaking news for you thanks to a wonderful anon reader who left the following comment on another post: "I am a beauty advisor at Walgreens and I was at work today and purchased a lot of good stuff by Sally Hansen...I was literally paying 50 cents for some stuff. You should really go to Walgreens. There are orange stickers EVERYWHERE and they are releasing 500 new clearance item stickers every week. This is a yearly thing for us and the sales this week are ridiculously good." Thank you, my lovely anon Walgreens employee, for the tip of the century! So if you haven't had luck with the CVS sale, get your bootie on down to Walgreens ASAP!]

OK, if you've been reading my blog this week, you know I've been frantically searching for a CVS in San Diego that actually has the big semi-annual beauty clearance blowout (all three of the CVS stores I visited over the weekend had NOTHING on clearance). Well today I went to another CVS and BINGO! I hit the jackpot!

After reading all of the comments from you on my original post (click here) I knew EXACTLY which brands would be on sale, so I headed straight to L'Oreal and looked for clearance signs. Well here's the thing: there ARE no clearance signs! The only thing that lets you know an item is on clearance is a tiny little green 75% off sticker that's on the actual product itself. There is no yellow tag on the display that calls out that a product is on clearance for 75% off. VERY TRICKY, CVS! I'm wondering now if I just missed these green stickers at my other CVS locations?!?! Also, last year they had big banners in the beauty department, proudly proclaiming the "Semi-Annual Beauty Sale". But this year? There's no fanfare at all. Just tiny little green stickers on individual products. Seriously, blink and you'll miss them. I know I almost did--so thank you to EVERYONE who has posted about what they've scored--it helped me SO much!

Now, on to the goodies. Also, let me know if there's anything here that you'd like me to review. Some of these products are going to be for me, but I also bought some stuff for my mom and a few of my friends. If you have a burning desire to see a review of anything, just leave a comment and I'll do my best! Most of these products are older and there are already tons of reviews on the web for them, but I just wanted to throw that out there in case you'd like to see a review or two. :)

First from Milani:


Three Shadow Wear Quads in Touch of Brown, Wild Violets and Sedona Sunset (sale price: $1.75 each) and one Glimmer Stripes in Honey Glimmer (sale price: $1.87)

From Milani and Rimmel:


Milani Nail Lacquer in Radiant Ruby (sale price: $1.12), Rimmel Lipsticks in Kasbah and Birthday Suit (sale price: $1.32 each)

From L'Oreal:


HiP Eyeshadow Duo in Playful (sale price: $1.99) and HiP Cream Shadow Paints in Secretive and Witty (sale price: $2.99 each)

From Revlon:


ColorStay Lipsticks in Sensuous Spice, Dreamy Dusk and Rich Raisin (sale price: $2.49 each) and Makeup Eraser Pen (sale price: $1.99)

From Revlon and L'Oreal:


Super Lustrous Lipstick in Icy Violet (sale price: $1.99), Moon Drops Lipstick in Gold Dipped Rose (sale price: $2.25), L'Oreal Color Riche Lipsticks in Sienna and Pink Tranquilo (sale price: $2.25)

So the grand total plus tax (tax in San Diego county is 9.5% which SUCKS) was $42 and change. For EIGHTEEN PRODUCTS? Get outta town! That's just plain ridiculous, isn't it? :)

And the best part of the entire haul was getting to try some products that I have been eyeing FOREVER but never wanted to pay full price for. I could never justify purchasing a Revlon Makeup Eraser Pen for $7.99, but for $1.99? HECK YES I'll try it! And I've been hearing forever and a day that the HiP Paints make a great eyeshadow primer, but I have refused to pay $11.99 for them. But since they were $2.99 each, well, I'll take TWO, please! And thank you!

Also, last year I was FANATICAL about ColorStay lipsticks. I swear they are the ONLY long-wear lip product that doesn't dry out my lips, and I LOVE that they're just one tube of color and not a two-part system of color and clear gloss (Gah! I hate those!). So being able to get these for $2.49 instead of $9.99? I'm freaking OUT because it gave me a chance to try a lot of shades that I was scared to try before. I think, after this haul, I pretty much own the entire collection now! And FYI, the ENTIRE ColorStay lipstick collection (every single shade) is 75% off, which makes me really scared that they're discontinuing the entire line. So if you love these as much as I do, stock up now.

So...if you haven't been able to find the CVS semi-annual beauty sale in your area, don't fret! Just go in and look for these teeny tiny little green stickers on all the brands that I've posted above, and also on the ones mentioned by my lovely readers in this post.

And of course I will be VERY upset if you don't come back here and tell us EVERYTHING you scored!
SHARE:

26 comments

  1. Thank you SO much for finding and posting this. Those prices are perfect for trying things out and I would have missed it if not for you. I am definitely going to check and see if my CVS has this as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, here is my list
    -Revlon Midnight Madness (shimmering blackened navy)

    -L'Oreal Lip Gloss in Grape Soda (lavender) - tutti frutti(cream pink), I kind of hated the shimmery version of the colour juice but these cream ones are alright.

    -Rimmel Kiss Off gloss in 110 The Morning aftyer. (Pink that flashes blue)

    That's it for the sale, I actually really wanted to try the Milani Glimmer blush but that sticker was impossible to remove.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo -- Check out the 99 Cents Only Stores for HIP shadow paints as well. I got Nervy, Witty, Commanding and Lofty there. (Commanding is my favorite.) And thanks for the heads up. I still need to hit a CVS. (And a Walgreen's, apparently!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooooh, you scored too! I would love to know if that makeup eraser pen works- I would gladly pay 7.99 for it because I mess up my eyeliner ALL the time.
    As for the HiP paints, I have secretive and lofty and I really like them both.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you found them. I forgot to mention the sticker on them and not the actually sign but some stores do have a sign saying look out for 75% off or 50% off with green and red sticker. I need t g back because I didn't see any Milani e/s marked dwn and I really want some those.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am SO JEALOUS! I am just way too busy to visit any stores this week, so hopefully this sale will still be going on next week?? Do you remember how long the clearance sale usually lasts?

    You found some really amazing deals! Congrats!! I did the math (lol with my calculator) and you only paid around $2.33 for each item! That's an AWESOME DEAL. I hope I can find some of the things you picked up. Sadly, the tax up here in the SF Bay Area is 9.75%. I don't know of a place that has a higher sales tax. T_T Seriously, it is robbing me each time I buy something.

    By the way, if it's not asking for too much, some swatches of the great stuff you got would be really nice and helpful. =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You go girl! my hands are up like goal posts! LOL thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was so upset that there were only 2 Milani quads left & one was cracked. :( I got the Wild Violet quad, too.

    I want to take back that darn Revlon lipstick because the shade is not for me. CAN'T YOU TAKE OPENED STUFF BACK TO CVS? Some told me yes..

    I need to hit up Walgreens now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wish we had these type of sales in Canada...we dont even have half of these products.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i went last night and there were no stickers at all, i asked about it and she said they haven't even started it yet and that they didn't know when they would start clearancing it out...GRR!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, these are awesome deals. MUST GET TO THEM! UGH! I only wish I had a car of my own.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ouch, 9+% sales tax?? I thought 8.75% was bad when I was living in upstate NY... and I CELEBRATED when I moved to CT and discovered it was 6%, plus no tax on clothes/shoes!

    I'm trying to restrain myself from going to a different CVS today to look for more stuff. I already got about 10 things for $25 at the store closest to my home and managed not to torpedo my low-buy... but one more trip and it'd all be over.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm insanely jealous! Like the anon comment I wish we had this in Canada!

    And you're complaining about 9%? Here in Ontario tax is 13%!!!! AHHHH.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I wish we had these in Chile!!!

    And Revlon Moondrops!!! I haven't seen those in years, such great memories...

    ReplyDelete
  15. I got 2 Revlon Matte lipsticks for $1.99 each! I also got 2 L'oreal eyeshadow singles, they were $1.25 each but I had a coupon for $3 off any 2 L'oreal products so they were free! Love the beauty sale at CVS!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. For the Walgreens sale, do we know anything else about it? If its at all Walgreens?

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG!!! Ive heading to CVS and Walgreens tomorrow!! OMG!!!

    This is why i love your blog ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ladies! Thank you SO much for all the wonderful comments!

    To all of you who scored goodies at your CVS stores, CONGRATS!!! I am jealous, especially if you got those Revlon Mattes that I've been raving about. I didn't see those on clearance at ANY of my CVS locations. So jealous!

    And to those of you who haven't been able to find a CVS with a clearance sale going on in your area, I am so sorry, but don't give up hope (unless you're in a country that doesn't have CVS, in which case I'm really sorry!). It looks like different CVS stores are rolling out their clearance items at different times, so my advice is pop into your locations once a week and just keep checking. You never know what you might find!

    PS: 1xellus1, your comment cracked me UP! lol!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  19. I popped into the closest CVS to my house a couple days ago and they just started putting on the 75 off stickers so I tried to remember what items you had gotten b/c it was already in the system, just no stickers. I really wanted the revlon colorstay lipstick in smooth nude but after going to 2 CVS I couldn't find it. None of them even carry that color it seems :(

    I originally got 2 color stays in natural cashmere & pink peony but I have 2 other lipsticks very similar in color to natural cashmere & pink peony was a very trashy looking pink on me. I ended up getting 1 revlon colorstay lippy in "so blushing" i believe it was called and the make-up eraser pen thing b/c my eyeliner tends to smudge in the outer corners of my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Rubychopsticks: Congrats on your finds! You are very smart to have remembered the items I listed so that you could take advantage of these deals ever BEFORE they applied the 75% off stickers to the products. That's GREAT! And as for that ColorStay lipstick, I'd say keep on checking at other CVS locations because I've seen it at several different ones in my area. Hope that helps, and congrats again on your finds!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi there, I had been reading about the beauty clearance on slickdeals.net but I stumbled on your post. I was just at the CVS on Poway Rd and picked up a HiP paint in secretive, and I plan on getting more. I am pretty sure I saw those Revlon mattes on clearance that you are talking about. I am going to hot up that store again and maybe some of my northern San Diego stores. If anyone goes to Poway Rd, a heads up: they are MEAN!! lol, a bunch of true match powders had sticekrs but did not ring, and they wouldn't give it me.

    That store still had a ton of clearance though.

    ReplyDelete
  22. ^ughh, proofread FAIL. sorry folks. =D

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ooooh i didn't know CVS had sales too! I have to goooooo lol i hope mine still has it

    ReplyDelete
  24. I wanted to add that I went to an Escondido store today that had NO green stickers, so everything was in stock that I was looking for. Luckily I had a heads up and knew what was on clearance. Planning to go back . Don't forget Lorealparisusa.com has the $3 off 2 items coupon!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. wow you are so lucky! those are some amazing finds! i was just wondering, when is the next CVS makeup sale and how do you know when certain things go on sale? i would love to know! thanks. :D

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig