Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Saturday, November 7, 2009

Sally Hansen Opulent Cloud: Hard Candy Mr. Wrong's older, more sophisticated sister

By now you've probably heard about the Limited Edition Sally Hansen HD Hi-Definition Nail Colors making their way through drugstores across the country. In fact, I posted a pic of the display the first time I saw it and immediately I knew that I had to have the stand-out color of the collection, Opulent Cloud.  Of course that was the one color that was already sold out when I spotted the display, so I've been on the hunt for it ever since.


It took me several trips to various Rite Aids until I finally stumbled across a fully-stocked display that had just been put on the shelf.  Finally! This little chameleon minx was mine.  But I never anticipated in a million years to discover this: Opulent Cloud is Hard Candy Mr. Wrong's older, more sophisticated sister.

Allow me to explain.  Both of these shades have that same chameleon quality. Is it silver? Is it purple? Is it gold? It's all of 'em, depending on your lighting.  But here's the key: If you take the gold glitter in Mr. Wrong and grind it down into a fine shimmer, you get Opulent Cloud.  Seriously, these polishes have the same base, but Opulent Cloud's gold shimmer makes it the more mature, sophisticated sister to Mr. Wrong.  So if you love the look of Mr. Wrong but you're not down with the glitter, you have got to find yourself some Opulent Cloud, asap.

Limited Edition Sally Hansen HD Hi-Definition Nail Color in Opulent Cloud:



 

 Now check this out:





In my opinion, Mr. Wrong is the wild-child party girl, while Opulent Cloud is the sophisticated and elegant older sister (who still has an edgy side). The name really fits this polish--it truly is an opulent cloud.

Do you own Mr. Wrong or Opulent Cloud (or both?). I'd love to hear your thoughts!
SHARE:

13 comments

  1. From the pics I like the Sally Hansen 1. I'll have to look for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so need that Sally Hansen polish! Though I like both the Sally Hansen and Hard Candy colors. The Sally Hansen color is more mature and less chunky. I'll have to look for both in the stores on my next visit. Thx for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. I own Mr. Wrong, and after seeing your swatch, I think I'm going to put it on my toes. I haven't used it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha I like your comparison!! I actually like Mr. Wrong better, but I think thats cause I'm a wild child on the inside XD

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like both colors! They're both pretty, but in different ways (as in, they're similar enough that I might just buy both).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can I love something I don't even have? Lol... I don't own any, don't even know they are available around here. It's just WRONG, lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been looking EVERYWHERE for Opulent Cloud, but it seems everyone else always beats me to it! LOL :) However, I just got Mr. Wrong at my local Wal-Mart... I haven't worn it yet, but it's good to know that the two colors are so similar. At least that way I know that if I NEVER find Opulent Cloud, I'll at least have something in that super cool color! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like both polishes, but I think I really NEED to have Opulent Cloud!! Gonna go hunt it down!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like sally hansen color better, but sometimes I find sally hansen nail polish take a long time to dry

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi ladies! It looks like we're pretty split on Mr. Wrong vs. Opulent Cloud. :) I have to say that if you like the general color of these polishes, you *probably* need both. lol. It's definitely a mood thing--one is playful while the other is more calm and serene. :)

    And Halifax, I am so sorry you are loving these yet cannot get them in your area. Maybe you can convince a swap buddy to pick up one (or both) for you? :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hadn't seen Opulent Cloud or the display for it anywhere, until Friday when I saw a full display at CVS. I took a $5 coupon with me last night and got it. <3 It's such a pretty color!

    ReplyDelete
  12. ngocupham: I know exactly what you mean. All SH polishes are very thick to me, and I probably should have mentioned that I actually ended up adding a few drops of nail polish thinner to this one while I was using it (which made the formula SO much better). When you thin these out, they dry a lot quicker. So don't let that stand in your way of getting any of SH's pretty colors. Just buy some nail polish thinner at the beauty supply store and I think you'll be happy with the results! :)

    Hana, you just totally made my day! I love to hear when I've introduced something new to someone and 1) they found it at the local drugstore 2) they used a coupon to save $$ 3) they love it! Yay, yay and yay!! Thanks so much for taking the time to let me know. xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just wanted to update my prior post... I FINALLY found a fully stocked display of the Sally Hansen HD's this past Wednesday at the Walgreen's near my workplace!!! Literally, the guy was just putting the display out... I said, "My God, is that what I think it is??" and pounced! Yay.....

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig