Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Review: Montagne Jeunesse Facial Masques (you'll know them when you see them!)

For some of you, when you see the name Montagne Jeunesse, you may not immediately associate it with an affordable line of facial masques and foot scrubs. But I assure you, once you see the packaging, you'll say, "Oh YEAH! I've seen those before!"

See? I bet you've seen these little single-use packets at your local drugstore (retail: around $2) a million times! But how many of you have actually tried one?

I was lucky enough recently to receive an assortment of Montagne Jeunesse Face Masques for review, and I've got to tell you, I am seriously wondering why it has taken me so long to try these little treats out. I think the only reason I have ever been skeptical to purchase one of these is the fact that I associate inexpensive masques with dry skin or breakouts. Let me tell you, I was so wrong about these it's not even funny.

The first one I tried was the brand new, and not yet available in the US, White Chocolate Ultra Deep Cleansing Masque. Yum yum, is all I can say.



Gluten, dairy and paraben free, this delicious masque contains some great, nourishing ingredients like cocoa butter, jojoba oil and dead sea salt. It's the color of white chocolate and it smells so delish you'll be tempted to eat it (but don't!). This masque was very easy to apply and after I rinsed it off, my skin was so soft, and felt so incredibly clean and NO breakouts in the days afterward. An absolutely sweet treat for your skin.

But my favorite of the bunch was definitely the Warm Exfoliating Crystal Masque with Crystallized Honey and Passion Flower.



This, quite possibly, is the best-smelling facial masque I have ever had the pleasure of wearing. I kept the packaging after I used the masque, just so I could keep on smelling it. What's really neat about this masque, aside from the fact that it's gluten, dairy, nut derivative and paraben free, is that all you have to do is run the unopened package under hot water for a minute and ta-da! It's ready to use. Just open the package after it's nice and warm, and now you've got a warm, exfoliating facial masque that feels sooooo great on the skin. The texture is almost like thinned-out honey and it's got dead sea salt crystals for exfoliating (you can actually use those to scrub your skin when you're rinsing the masque off).

My favorite part about this masque is how it feels on your skin when you're wearing it. It is so incredibly luxurious and relaxing that I almost fell asleep before my 15 minutes were up. This is one of those treat-yourself-on-a-Saturday-night little luxuries and HELLO! It will only set you back a whopping $2 at Rite-Aid! I think I've seen these masques for even less than $2 at other drugstores.

Let me also mention that there are some very impressive ingredients in this masque, such as almond oil, argan oil, dead sea salt, aloe vera leaf juice, lotus flower extract, honey, evening primrose extract, ginseng root extract and passionflower extract. Maybe after reading those ingredients you will better understand why this masque smells utterly incredible to me! There is no artificial fragrance in this masque so what I'm smelling is the combination of these yummy ingredients and nothing more. Love that!

So how did this masque leave my skin? Um...soft as a baby's bottom! I had to resist constantly touching my face all night after I used this masque. Who can ask for more than that?

If you're curious about any of the other masques I received for review, here there are:

Deep Pore Cleansing Chocolate Masque
Deep Cleansing Passion Peel Off Masque
Cucumber Purifying Peel Off Masque

If you would like to know any details about any of these masques, just leave me a comment and let me know. I'd be happy to answer your questions.

I just could not be more pleased with the quality and price of Montagne Jeunesse Face Masques. For around $2 a packet, I think these would make EXCELLENT stocking stuffers or a luxurious little treat for yourself when you're in the mood for some serious pampering.

Have you tried anything from Montagne Jeunesse before? I'd love to hear your thoughts.

A sample of this product was given to Nouveau Cheap for editorial purposes, either directly from the manufacturer or from the agency that works on behalf of the manufacturer. All reviews on NouveauCheap.blogspot.com are the honest opinion of its author and gratis samples do not, in any way, affect the outcome of product reviews.
SHARE:

16 comments

  1. i haven't tried it yet but i always see them & i have to say that it is one of the clay masks that are available almost everywhere!
    ^_^

    what im really curious about is their face tonic...
    have you tried it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen this brand at the drugstores and I've always passed it by because, not going to lie, the packaging looks kind of hokey. Your review has made me want to go and pick some up! I love masks, it makes me feel like I'm actually pampering my skin. :)

    How does the cucumber peel off mask work? Do you squeeze it out of the package and apply all over your face, or is it a cloth? (and does it work? :O)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're right! I have been seeing these masks since I was old enough to go the mall. Hee-hee.

    And I agree with Rachel's comment, by the packaging alone it looks kind of hokey. But your review makes me want to buy some as gifts and use some myself ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. thiamere: I think you should try on the next time you see them at the store! I haven't tried the tonic--in fact I don't think I've even seen those around here. :(

    Rachel: OMG, the Cucumber Peel Off Masque is AWESOME! You apply it to your face and it's a green tinted gel. Once it dries, you peel it off. And I have to say, it's the first peel-off mask I've ever used that truly peels off in one whole piece! I love it! Most peel-offs always come off my face in little sheets, but this one just peels off so cleanly, there is nothing left behind. Definitely worth a shot! :)

    kira: don't let the packaging scare you off! lol. :) They have some truly great products and I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. And please let me know what you think if you try one? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my gosh - i love these -- to me they are little treats for my face. my friend and i used the chocolate mud one before and loved it. i use other masks on a regular basis, but to me these are little special moments for my face. (oh gosh that sounds so cheesey)

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh ps - i love the peel off one too!! it's like a freaky movie as you peel it away - like you're peeling away the skin. well, technically you are! now i want to get a couple of these to use!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now R, do they sell these masks by cases, lol? You got everyone want to try them, and I want a case, good mix of every kind they have. Doable, lol?

    ReplyDelete
  8. you're a mind reader! I see these all the time but I've never tried it! not that I'm skeptical towards cheap masks but somehow something about those masks put me off. But I'll definitely look again the next time I'm at the drugstore :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I remember the first time I tried one of these...it must have been 8 years ago..but these are great! Definitely give it a shot

    ReplyDelete
  10. DeAnna! WHy did it take me so long to try these?? I'm so happy to hear you're already a fan! Yay! This has to be the best peel-off mask I've ever used (and I've tried a lot!). xo

    H: lol!! Actually, I think it might be easier for you to find the full range than it is for us. According to their website, which is UK-based, they have a huge collection of products but I only ever see the masks and foot scrubs here in the US. So getting your case might be easier than you think! lol. :)

    Connie: I think it's time you took a chance on these little gems! And of course I'd love it if you let me know what you think when you do! :)

    spifftiff! You're ahead of the curve! Good for you for already knowing about these. :) I wish I would have given them a chance years ago. lol. What's your fave?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'll pick some up for Thanksgiving break! I really need to pamper my skin - it is breaking out like crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How are the rest of the masques? The clarifying one and the deep pore cleansing one? My skin has gotten kind of abused since I moved to a place with more tropical weather. My pores keep getting clogged! I really want to try them!

    ReplyDelete
  13. ndoodles, I would LOVE to know what you think if you try some of these. :)

    C: The Deep Pore Cleansing Masque left my face feeling clearer and very, very clean. I might not recommend it for very dry skin, but I have very oily skin and it worked very well for me. Both of the Peel Off masques are FANTASTIC, because they actually feel off in one piece! I have never had a peel off mask remove in one piece before (they usually peel off in little sheets). But this one peeled off in one complete piece and no annoying residue afterwards. Plus, it wasn't as drying as other peel-offs. I really love it. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's a peel-off mask?? SAY WHAT?? I've been looking for one of these since forever (I refuse to scout for Shiseido's deep penetration mask any longer. I think it's been discontinued). Thanks so much, R!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! I see those all the time. Tell you something, that you could be missing out on something great right under your nose.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey Shela! Yes, it's peel off, and it's the only one that's ever peeled off in one piece for me! You must try one asap, honey!! :)

    Hi Lauren! I feel the same way! I used to see these at Rite-Aid all the time but never tried one, so now I'm really kicking myself for not trying them sooner because they are fabulous. I'd love to know what you think when you try one! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig