Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Monday, August 17, 2009

Review: Aveeno Nourish+ Moisturize Shampoo and Conditioner

If you're a drugstore shopper, you've probably seen the new Aveeno haircare collection by now. In fact, I posted a pic a while back the first time I saw this collection on the shelves and I've been waiting patiently for these products to go on sale ever since. In the meantime, I signed up for some free sample packets on CVS.com (this promo has ended but click here for another sample offer) and they actually arrived in about two weeks, which is fast for freebies. I ordered the "Nourish+ Moisturizer" Shampoo and Conditioner and I knew instantly I was in love with the shampoo. From the minute it touched my hair I just knew I had to have the full-size bottle. This shampoo is sooo silky and it's got great slip. It literally made me feel like I was cleansing my hair with liquid silk. It makes my hair so soft but magically it doesn't get greasy and it gives me lots of bounce, body and shine.

Needless to say, I was jumping for joy a couple of weeks ago when Rite-Aid had the Aveeno Haircare collection on sale for $4.99 a bottle (regular price: $7.99) so I picked up both the "Nourish+ Moisturize" Shampoo and Conditioner. I really couldn't tell from the sample packet if I liked the conditioner enough to warrant a purchase because I could only get one use out of the sample (my hair is getting really long).

I have to say that I like the "Nourish+ Moisturize" Conditioner, but I don't love it. It does a decent job at moisturizing my hair, but it doesn't leave my hair much softer than the conditioners I already own. I really don't see anything about this conditioner that rises above the other ones in my collection, but by the same token, it's not a bad product by any means.

In my opinion the rockstar of this collection is the shampoo. I still can't get over the texture of the formula and how it makes my hair feel, and what a true joy it is to shampoo my hair in the shower (a task I really don't care for since my hair is long and it takes a lot of effort to wash). I can honestly say that, because of this shampoo, I actually look forward to shampooing my hair. It's that much fun.

If your hair is dry and in need of a boost of moisture, I would give this shampoo a try. What the heck--order the free sample and see for yourself!

One last thing: I should warn you that these products do contain wheat, so if you have wheat allergies you might want to avoid them.

Have you tried any of the Aveeno haircare products yet? I'd love to know your thoughts!
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. Excellent point with the wheat! I own these and I never thought of that!!! I love the shampoo too!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the Nourish + Volumize Aveeno shampoo and conditioner. I feel that they do better with the nourishing factor than the moisturizing factor because these products weigh my hair down. I don't have a lot of hair to begin with, so even though my hair feels extremely soft and silky and shiny, I can't stand the pin-straight look. The Aveeno haircare line would be great for those who have dry or damaged hair, but not for those who crave more volume.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just gave you an award:)

    just out my page for further details

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Amber! You know, I think I saw that mentioned on the Aveeno website, so I shouldn't take the credit for mentioning it here. lol! Glad you like the shampoo too (and why am I not surprised?). :)

    Hey Kitty! Thank you SO much for your feedback. I always try to state that my opinions are based on my own experience and that yours could be completely different, so this just proves it! It's no wonder that these products worked so well for me since my ends are pretty much fried at this point. lol. I'm sorry they didn't work for you, but consider yourself extremely lucky that you don't need heavy-duty moisturization from your haircare products! :)

    Hey Caramel Diva! Thank you so much!! I left you a comment on your blog. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have these...the conditioner and I have the nourish + revitalize shampoo. I haven't used them a whole lot because I got caught up in my love for mango scented l'oreal kids shampoo (heh) but I do really like them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome ...been wondering about these, thanks girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Josi! You're so welcome! I'd love to know your thoughts if you try these. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig