Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Sunday, August 16, 2009

How I got five Victoria's Secret Beauty Rush Eyeshadows for free...

Sometimes it pays to NOT order things online! My dear reader and fellow blogger Halifax was telling me about the new Victoria's Secret Beauty Rush Wet/Dry Eyeshadows and how they're on sale right now for 5/$20. I took a look at them online and all of the shades looked gorgeous, so I knew I had to get down to my local VS to see them in person.

But last night I got an email from VS that started the usual way their emails start: "Save $20..." Now, I must admit, I usually hit delete on these emails because the catch is that you have to buy $100 worth of stuff to save the $20. But for some odd reason I decided to open this particular email and I couldn't believe my eyes. This was one of those "We've missed you" type of emails that companies send when you haven't ordered from them for a while. And guess what? There was NO catch! Victoria's Secret sent me a $20 gift certificate code, no minimum purchase required, good for everything except clearance items and it expires tonight. So basically they said, "Here's $20 and you've got 24 hours to spend it."

It was a no-brainer that I was going to get those Beauty Rush 5/$20 eyeshadows and luckily I ordered just in time because the colors are selling out quickly. Here's a pic of two of the shades:


So after I placed 5 eyeshadows in my cart, I entered the GC code and all I ended up paying was $8 for shipping and handling. Outstanding!

So the moral of this story is, register to receive Victoria's Secret emails and DON'T buy anything for a while. You'll probably end up receiving a gift certificate from them eventually!

I'll review these goodies once I receive them, but in the meantime, have any of you tried these eyeshadows? I'd love to know your thoughts.
SHARE:

12 comments

  1. wow! Sounds great! I hope I didn't put that email in my trash:( I get emails from them all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Their gimmicks get me because I ordered from them not long ago because they sent me three $10 off coupons for my birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Caramel Diva! I hope you haven't emptied your trash yet--take a look and see if you got one too! :)

    Hey Michelle! Thanks! xo

    Hey Kitty! You know, I've heard of other people getting coupons on their birthday but I *never* get those! :(

    Hey Arezu! Thanks sweetie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you have a VS card? That may have something to do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish VS missed me that much! *hee hee* xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Kitty! You know what, you're right! I don't have a VS card and I bet that's why! :)

    Hey Amber! lol!! Oh I'm sure they miss you dearly. :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. What colours did you pick? When you get them, please compare to Milani wet/dry shadows :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Halifax! Some of the colors I wanted were already out of stock, so I got:

    Bronzinger
    Blueray
    Espresso Lane
    Gold Rush
    Hot Ginger

    And I will definitely let you know how they compare to the Milani e/s! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a nice weekend treat!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig