Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Thursday, April 30, 2009

Dear Miz Hansen: You have too many lip products on the market (but I really love one of them)!



Oh Sally Hansen, WHY do you have so many forms of lip color on the market all at the same time? There are so many Sally Hansen lipsticks/glosses/balms/treatments/plumping products at my local Rite-Aid that my head spins every time I walk by them. I swear these products compete with each other at this point.

So dear Sally, I just want to tell you that I do LOVE one of these lip products, and I hope this doesn't mean that it will be the first to be discontinued.

Ladies, let me introduce you to Sally Hansen Moist & Matte Liquid Lip Color (retail $7.99). The little display at my Rite-Aid and Walgreens doesn't seem to get a lot of action, but I'm so glad I had the courage to make a purchase because I really, really like these. They are long-wear but they are not drying and they're not sticky AT ALL. The texture is creamy, smooth, and it smells and tastes minty! The name of the product is right on the mark: These are matte and moist, which is unbelievable for a long-wear product.

I'm a sucker for packaging and these come in a cool tube that reminds me of one of those toys that you stick your Play Doh in to make "spaghetti". And I love how the lid is clear so you don't have to fumble around in your makeup bag searching for it. Also, all of the colors are in the pinky-brown-nude range. LOVE. Once you get the hang of this product and you know exactly how much you need to dispense, it applies perfectly and stays put for hours and hours.

So next time you're like a deer in headlights standing in amazement at the abundance of Sally Hansen lip products at your drugstore, put your blinders on and go straight for these babies.

PS: The pics above are the colors I actually own. The first pic is "Linen" which is more of a brownish-nude (I love to wear this with a smokey eye). The second pic is "Satine" which looks super pink in the pic but is actually more of a pinky-peachy-nude. It's really pretty for a light makeup day when you're sporting a peachy-pink blush and just want an overall glow to your face. You can view all colors on the Walgreens website, here.
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I've been super curious about the SH lip bonanza but was too overwhelmed to try and I hadn't heard much about the products. Thanks for cutting to the chase and saving me time and money!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anon! I love that: "SH lip bonanza" LOL! You must let me know if you pick one up and if you like it. Not all long-wears are created equal and I really think this one is right up there at the top of the list. Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig