Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Friday, October 21, 2016

Guess Who Got a New Blog Logo?


I'm guessing that you've noticed that something's different around here! In fact a few of you already left comments here about it before I had a chance to get this post up (thank you so much for the kind words!). 

Well it's official. I got a new logo! After spending the last year or two logo-free, it was time for something new, and I am so, so happy with it. I hope you are too (if you're on mobile, I would love for you to hop over to desktop for a second if you can, just so you can see it in large format!).

The story, if you're interested: 

I knew that if I was going to have another logo on my blog someday, that it had to be perfect. It had to be "the one". Over the last year, I experienced some difficulties finding the right graphic designer, and there were some failed attempts with other designers before I stumbled across Riley Cran and his girlfriend Heather Neale, who are professional graphic designers out of Canada. Riley and Heather kindly agreed to take on this project (full disclosure: I sought them out and I paid them for their services. They did not approach me, nor did we exchange services for publicity or anything like that).

I knew, after looking at Riley's website, that this would be a great fit. And it truly was. They listened to my ideas and requests, they had an enormous amount of patience with me, and they were relentless in their pursuit to make me happy. The end result is what you see here today. 

This custom logo was hand-drawn specifically for Nouveau Cheap, and I feel that it truly represents what I'm all about. Not only is the woman with the perfectly manicured red fingernails pinching pennies, but she's also giving the A-OK sign. In other words, it's as if she's saying, "It's A-OK to save money on makeup. And you can be stylish while you're doing it!" And that, my friends, is what I'm all about.

As Riley said to me when we started this project, a logo is more for the people who visit your website than it is for you. That could not be more true. This logo is for YOU, and I hope in my heart of hearts that you enjoy looking at it as much as I do. I always strive to be helpful and informative, but I also just want you to have FUN when you're here. I hope that the new logo sets that tone for you every single time you visit my blog.

Thanks again, Riley and Heather, for giving me a clean, simple, beautiful logo that absolutely represents what I'm all about. I love it. 

The products featured in this post were purchased with personal funds. For more information, click here.
SHARE:

58 comments

  1. I absolutely love the logo. It's a perfect fit for your blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you SO much, Lorraine! You have no idea how happy that makes me!! ❤

      Delete
  2. It's adorable. It perfectly expresses what you are about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I am SO happy you feel that way. Thank you so much! xo

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks, girlie! I'm thrilled that you love it! xo

      Delete
  4. i looove the pinching pennies logo it is absolute perfection and gives off such a fun vibe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!! Thank you so much, love. So glad you love that part! xoxo

      Delete
  5. Love this! It seems like the perfect fit for this blog, you, and your followers(happy that I'm one of the many!) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so grateful that you are one of my followers, and that you love the new logo! Thank you so much, Autumn! xo

      Delete
  6. I like the simplicity yet clear meaning of it.

    On a side note why is there no Menu option at the top anymore? For some odd reason the blog is always huge and to the left side when I open it. When I click on menu it resizes and centers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Bella!!

      Also, can you tell me which device you're on when this happens? I have NOT removed the menu. If you got to desktop you'll see it's still very much there. But on certain devices, it sometimes doesn't load unless you refresh the page. But even if it doesn't load the first time, it still should not shift the page like that. I have tested it on many devices and have never seen that happen. So it would help to know which device you're on, and also which browser you're using. Thanks!

      Delete
    2. I am using Safari on my macbook.

      Delete
  7. Absolutely perfect for what this blog is all about. Thank-you for all that you do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG thank you so much, Dena! You have no idea how much I appreciate you saying that. xoxo

      Delete
  8. Aww great logo and what it represents!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, KayVee! I really appreciate that! :)

      Delete
  9. What a wonderful design, it's so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I sent you a message about it ;) I ADORE the new logo! It does fit perfect to represent what you do here. Riley and Heather did an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it G!! So darn cute and represents us so well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great new logo! I read your blog every day and it's something I really look forward to. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Two thumbs up! (See what I did there...). :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love it G., but you already knew that from FB, :) it really does sum up what we readers are all about! Smart and glam!! Also the new font is really cool!!! I do think you have nailed it G.!!! Pun intended!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I didn't notice the OK hand signal. Now that makes sense! It really is darling!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love it!!! As a graphic designer, I think you are spot on :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the logo! It's perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Really like the new touch of the logo and the illustration is truly nice that it represent you.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awesome work G! And thank you for all that you do and for saving me so much money! I come here all the time to make my beauty addiction more affordable.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love, love, love. So good! I also adore the hint of retro in the lettering. #personality xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love it! The red nail polish and the penny pinching are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love it - and the double meaning behind it!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This new logo gives you the perfect idea of what this blog is about! I really like it.. I also love that it's implementation, very eye catching!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your new logo is adorable! I love it! It's so fitting :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Loving the retro vibe! Something about it reminds me of I Dream of Jeannie.

    ReplyDelete
  26. The designers did a great job on your new logo; love it! It looks especially fab next to your new font (I think?) for the blog title at the top of the page; really goes together well :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love it G! Perfect logo for you. Congratulations! Sending positive vibes your way :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Congratulations, job well done! It looks great - you and the designers are so clever !

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig