Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Sunday, May 1, 2016

The Lipstick League - Week of 4.25.16


The Lipstick League Question of the Week

Sandal Season is rapidly approaching in the Western Hemisphere (you may already be wearing sandals as I type this). So let’s hear it: what do you do to get your feet ready for their big spring/summer reveal?

G's answer: Oh it's a major process, believe me. First I use my Ped Egg, then I slather on my Heel to Toe Foot Balm before I got to bed. Then, every other day I use my Swedish Clover Foot File in the shower (the best foot file EVER, in my opinion), and I either use the Heel to Toe balm or other various foot creams on a nightly basis, for maintenance.

The Lipstick League Links of the Week

My Beauty Bunny - Mother's Day is almost here. Do you have your gift list complete? See why you should Treat Mom to the SheaMoisture Peace Rose Oil Complex Collection this year!

My Newest Addiction - Laura recently tried out a bunch of new stuff from Madam C.J. Walker Beauty Culture and shared her thoughts!

Nouveau Cheap - Would you try a $1 matte liquid lipstick? When you see these, your answer might just be, “Yes, please!”

Olive & Ivy - has found the most perfect festival shoes (AND they’re under $30)!

Phyrra - I have a confession to make! 6 Reasons I Hate Drugstore Makeup.

Prime Beauty - is giving her skin a big drink of water with the new PUR Minerals HydraFluid Foundation--I swear it has magic water in it!

we heart this - Have you seen enough photos and swatches of the Urban Decay Alice Through the Looking Glass eye shadow palette and lipsticks yet? Yeah, me neither.

Beautygeeks - has everything you need to know about the newest, super-groovy, groundbreaking beauty tool, the Dyson Supersonic Hairdryer. Everything!

Beauty Junkies Unite - Amber is giving away the Laura Geller Chocolate Truffles Eyeshadow Collection, don't miss it! You can enter daily until 5/9!

Blushing Noir - Color correcting isn’t so hard after all! There’s a lot out there to familiarize yourself with but Brooke has several faves to share with you!

Clumps of Mascara - Guess where I am? I’m in New York City for the Makeup Show NYC! I’m thrilled and can’t wait to bring you the deets. In the meantime, here are the list of brands that I’ll be checking out.

Gouldylox - Is convinced she is the only one who didn't like this subscription box. Did no one else notice you're supposed to get a makeup bag with each box? Thoughts?

Wondering what the Lipstick League is? Find out here.)

My Beauty Bunny is Currently Craving: the Viseart Theory Palette in "Minx". It’s so pretty and both the shimmery and matte earth tone colors look super intense!
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. I get a mani/pedi every 2 weeks. We go to a place in West LA that I've been going to for over 15yrs. I pay 16.00 for BOTH!! Crazy eh? I bring my own products with me because they don't use the most high quality lotions, etc. I love Callus Blaster, its an acid free gel stuff I get on amazon. Works amazing. I use aquaphor at home most nights too. I wear flip flops almost all the time so my heels get very dry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, us being in CA, it's so easy to wear flip flops all year, right? I try not to in the cooler months only because I like having more support for my poor arches, but starting this time of year, I pretty much wear flip flops through September. lol.

      Delete
  2. I use Pedi Perfect and Acquaphor and thick cotton socks before bedtime all through the year. I love doing my own Mani and Pedicure so my feet stay OK all year round. I do amp it up during sandals season and make sure my polish is on point. What I am dying to try is Baby Feet, but I'm afraid if I remove all my calluses my feet will hurt when I'm out running. Has anyone tried it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey R.! Two things:

      1) How are you liking the Pedi Perfect? There are always great deals on it but I haven't taken the plunge yet. I swear I burn some serious calories using my Ped Egg. Lol.

      2) I have had an unopened Baby Feet on my desk for months! I keep wanting to try it but then I chicken out at the last minute. I even posted on IG a while back that I was ready to do it, and then I chickened out AGAIN. I swear it's because of the negative reviews on Amazon, even though there are like 10x the amount of positive reviews. Hopefully I'll get the courage one day and then I'll blog about it. :)

      Delete
    2. Hey G., I don't necessarily love the Pedi Perfect but I have it so I use it. It does take a less effort than the classic Dollar Tree "cheese grater" file for really good results. I keep wishing for a no effort dry skin callus remover haha! Go for it with the baby feet!!!!

      Delete
  3. Def. gonna check out all the links right now, thanks! And as a side note, I was wearing flip-flops last weekend, and right now I have my winter coat on. Dang you, Nebraska weather! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi G., I had been using Silkfeet Bladeless Exfoliating Microscreen and my feet have never been better. It is a flexible, thin oval that lets you work all kind of angles when treating your feet. For best results, you have to work it whith your feet dry and it is easy to clean and store. I have it since Dec. and still performs as good as new. I use it up to 3x wk followed by Freeman Barefoot Peppermint & Plum Heel and Callus Balm. I do my own mani/pedi and being in FL my feet are sandals ready year around.
    P.S. Are any nail polish reviews in the horizon?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I grew up in S. Florida. Probably where my love of flip-flops and ice coffee came from!!

      Delete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig