Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Thursday, October 15, 2015

Revlon to Launch New Fragrance and Makeup Kits


In addition to the new Ultra HD Matte Lip Colors, Ultimate All-In-One Mascara, and holiday gifts sets that I showed you HERE, there are some other  new Revlon products headed our way soon...

The other day, my pal Halifax of Sparkled Beauty Blog (she does exactly what I do, but for Canada, in case you're in Canada and not following her!) let me know that Revlon was gearing up to launch a new fragrance. Well this was definitely news to me so, after some research, I now have lots of info to share with you.

image source: fragrantica.com
Revlon LOVE IS ON fragrance

Revlon is about to launch a brand new fragrance called LOVE IS ON. If you're thinking, "Revlon has fragrances?" Oh yes, they do! They've released dozens of fragrances over the years (most notably, the iconic Charlie and all of its flankers). You can view a full list HERE.

The composition of REVLON LOVE IS ON highlights key notes of fresh and luminous aromas of Italian lemon, combined with sweet berries that are mixed to convey the excitement of attraction. In order to embody the essence of love, designers of the house of Revlon created a heart-shaped flacon. The flacon is filled with 50ml Eau de Toilette.

And there's more:

image source: fragrantica.com
Revlon Travel Collection LOVE SERIES Face Kit
(not pictured: LOVE SERIES Lip Kit and Ultra HD Lipstick travel set)

Besides the new fragrance, Revlon will present the sets Love Series Lips and Love Series Face. Love Series Lips includes three pairs of lip products (two lipsticks, two lip glosses and two lip liners), while Love Series Face includes a variety of make-up products (primer, highlighter, blush and multi-use eye brightener). On top of that, the house will present the new Revlon Ultra HD Lipstick in a travel set, which encompasses five shades of lipstick and a gift - an HD Lip Lacquer.

I'm guessing that the Ultra HD Lipstick Travel Set (not pictured) and the LOVE SERIES kits will be available for the holidays, but I don't know if they'll be permanent. I believe the new fragrance is permanent (although I could be wrong). I do not have price points for any of these new products yet, but I'll update this post when I find out.

One more thing about the new fragrance: during my research, I came across an article on Forbes.com that offered some insight as to why Revlon may be getting back in the fragrance game right now.

From Forbes.com:
A few months ago, Revlon acquired U.K. based fragrance company CBBeauty and its U.K. distributor, SAS & Company. CBB has a presence in over 80 countries and it also offers sales and strategic services to select celebrity and fashion fragrance brands. SAS & Company looks after the distribution and marketing aspects of perfumes and beauty products from leading brands such as Burberry, Carven, One Direction, and Rihanna. 
The acquisitions helped Revlon to strengthen and expand its fragrance portfolio and is expected to aid Revlon with its entry into the fragrance licensing business in the U.K. After receiving the licensing capability, Revlon plans to pursue further acquisitions in this segment and hence expand its fragrance selection. The launch of a new perfume after more than a decade, suggests that Revlon is using the strengths of its recent acquisitions to further expand its fragrance portfolio.

Again, these launches are in addition to the new Ultra HD Matte Lip Colors, Ultimate All-In-One Mascara, and holiday gifts sets that I showed you HERE,

Thanks again, Halifax, for the heads-up about this new fragrance!
SHARE:

14 comments

  1. I saw the fragrance and the mascara today at my local Rite Aid! Wondering if I need to go back and buy it? (Encino, California)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just saw this perfume at Rite-Aid. It was $34.99. I know at Rite-Aid all Revlon is 40% this week, but I don't know if this will qualify for the discount? I assume so but I should have asked. There wasn't a sample out so I couldn't test it. :( I hope it smells nice! As always, thanks so much for the info G!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yikes!! I was hoping it would be like Charlie ($9.99-ish)! Thanks so much for the tip--the ad doesn't list any exclusions but we all know how that goes sometimes. Lol. I'll have to check this week and see if they'll honor it! :)

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the kind words, as always, G. Looks like Revlon didn't do much of PR, since the perfume was already out and we just now knew about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those lip/face bags kinda seem like the ones from Sephora! I'm glad that drugstore brands are finally doing something like that. I can't wait til I find the lip set because I'll definitely snag it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow I'm all excited about ur Blog this morning a lot of new Drugstore products. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to smell the perfume, but I kind of hate the shape of the bottle. I'm guessing it is supposed to be lips? But it kind of looks like a weird long heart? It does look like it would fit nicely in the hand though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's supposed to be a heart. Makes sense with the name "Love Is On"

      Delete
  7. Ok, since I love all things Revlon, my eyes will be peeled for all these! I hope the lip kit isn't all matte products!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Was told the 40% off Revlon at rite aid is only toward cosmetics, not the perfume or the clippers etc. Nail polish was included this. Not gonna pay 35 dollars and not have a tester

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lemon and sweet berries, that sounds like my kind of scent. I'll have to see what kind of sales or coupons I can get.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I bought the perfume. It already out in Australia. I paid $30 for it at BigW, a discount department store. I like it a lot. It's not a sickly sweet perfume. It's something you can wear to work. The heart shaped bottle is cute. However opening it is a little tricky. You have to open it at the end, the tip corner of the heart, you have to use your nails to pry it open. Other than that, it's a lovely fragrance.

    ReplyDelete
  11. After a bit of googling around, this perfume is apparently the same as one of their older perfumes, Rouge De Revlon, even the bottle is the same. Maybe they just revived one of their old fragrances into something newer and more modern. But anyway, don't really mind, I'm not a perfume snob, I'm not that picky.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig