Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Spotted: NEW Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lip Color, Ultimate All-in-One Mascara, and Holiday 2015 Gift Sets


Lots o' new Revlon products now hitting stores. Pics and info, after the jump!

I want to thank three lovely readers for the following sightings (I'll get into where they were spotted in detail below). First up, let's start with the new lip color line:

image credit: @this_is_for_makeup for Nouveau Cheap
NEW Revlon Ultra HD Matte Color Collection

Reader @this_is_for_makeup on Instagram spotted the new Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lip Color display at her local Rite Aid this week, and was kind enough to share the above pic. @this_is_for_makeup confirmed that the colors from left to right are: HD Devotion, HD Obsession, HD Addiction, HD Temptation, HD Love, and HD Seduction. There are actually eight shades in this range, so two are not pictured above. @this_is_for_makeup purchased HD Addiction (not pictured) and she said that when she swatched it, it didn't dry down. So I'm not sure these are completely matte, as indicated. If you'll recall, back in August I posted a sneak peek of these with swatches HERE. At that time, I thought that the swatches were shiny because they had just been swatched, but based on @this_is_for_makeup's feedback, that may not be the case. Hum...

(UPDATE) @this_is_for_makeup kindly shared additional info about these:
They aren't liquid to matte lip colors, have a scent that to me is like hybrid of watermelon and cake, and from what I could tell so far feel very comfortable. Rubbing my lips together they feel smooth and sort of suede-like. Also, for something that swatches with a sheen to it, it still does leave a relatively matte finish, just not that "ultra matte" powdery finish that a liquid to matte gives.

You know, I just realized that while I love Revlon's "solid" lip colors, I haven't been too impressed with their liquid lip colors lately. I was just "meh" about the Moisture Stains (see my review here), so I'm hoping these are better. Expect a review from me when I find them! Moving on...

image credit: @mzericalynn5 for Nouveau Cheap
NEW Revlon Ultimate All-in-One Mascara
(retail: $8.99 at HEB)

Reader @mzericalynn5 on Instagram spotted the new Revlon Ultimate All-in-One Mascara at her local HEB this week, and kindly shared some pics. This new mascara promises "Volume, Length, Definition, Lift, Intense Color" all in one formula. 

image credit: @mzericalynn5 for Nouveau Cheap

Reader Yvonne also spotted this display at HEB this week and kindly shared all of the following pics:

image credit: Yvonne for Nouveau Cheap
NEW Revlon Ultimate All-in-One Mascara
(retail: $8.99 at HEB)

image credit: Yvonne for Nouveau Cheap

image credit: Yvonne for Nouveau Cheap
"Revlon Power Mini Brush"
"Mini oval shape designed to reach every lash"

image credit: Yvonne for Nouveau Cheap

image credit: Yvonne for Nouveau Cheap

image credit: @mzericalynn5 for Nouveau Cheap
Revlon Holiday 2015 Gift Sets

@mzericalynn5 also spotted the Revlon Holiday 2015 Gift Sets at her local HEB (I would expect that these will also pop up at both CVS and Walgreens, just like last year). This year's sets come with a heart-shaped duo mirror compact. The smaller sets are $8.99 while the larger sets are $14.99. I believe that none of the lip colors or nail colors in these sets are new--they're all from the permanent line. 

image credit: @mzericalynn5 for Nouveau Cheap
Revlon Holiday 2015 Gift Set

If you're a little fuzzy about LAST year's gift sets, just CLICK HERE to see them. Last year, there were more products in each set, but the price was slightly higher ($15 or $20 depending on the retailer). So do you like that you get a heart-shaped compact in this year's sets, or would you rather have additional products instead? 

Have you spotted any of these products out "in the wild" in your area yet? Thoughts?

Thanks again, @this_is_for_makeup, @mzericalynn5, and Yvonne, for the fantastic sightings and pics. I truly appreciate it!
SHARE:

15 comments

  1. Yikes, that mascara brush reminds me of the DoubleTwist one but with no traditional bristles. Even the girth of the tube looks about the same.

    /shutters.

    Well. If it is the DoubleTwist resurrected, I hope they at least add a good stopper or like thin out the formula a bit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nooooo!! Oh please let this be nothing like DoubleTwist! Lol. That mascara was probably the worst I've tried in the last 10 years. Lol.

      Delete
    2. it does remind of the double twist, the color is very opaque ; i got the blackest black, Revlon still has not figured out the stopper issue. I do somewhat like the effect it gives, but am VERY happy I got it for 40% off at RiteAid. Although, even at $5.39 I feel less than enthusiastic about this mascara. I have never liked any Revlon mascara I've tried-ever. I will officially move on from Revlon's mascaras.

      Delete
    3. The stopper issue has not been resolved. The mini brush design doesn't work well for me. The color was good-blackest black. the formula is definitely wet-which I personally like. But I got it for 40% off ($5.39) and still feel cheated. I've never had a Revlon mascara that was good and this will be my last try at their attempt to produce a mascara

      Delete
  2. i bought the new mascara and I like it. It gives length, it's not clumpy and it separates well. never tried the doubletwist though

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never tried a Revlon marscara. With Maybelline and L'Oreal knocking it out of the park, I never stray from them. I am so over matte lip products and the gift sets to me are meh...so I will be passing these by.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Robin! I am over, under, and done with all the matte lip products. Give this girl some gloss!

      Delete
  4. I just bought Seduction and Addiction and I LOVE THEM. Addiction is a lot more berry than vampy dark red. And all you need is a thin initial layer for it to dry matte, and then add a second layer. The second layer doesn't shift the first at all. It's nice formula, I'm liking them so far. Wish the other two colors were part of this collection.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Years and years ago, there was a Revlon mascara that was my HG. I can't remember the name, but it was amazing. Their mascaras have not been that good for a number of years. Hoping this new one is better, I always get great Revlon coupons.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, I am super excited and need to hunt these down ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was in HEB tonight and saw a set that had the heart-shaped mirror and a matching red nail polish, and another set that was the mirror and three chubby lip crayons. I think the lip crayons may have all been mattes in the trio but I wasn't looking super closely so don't quote me on that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I tried the mascara, and I have to say, I was terribly disappointed. Never have I tried a mascara that flaked this badly. (Contact lens wearers beware). I applied it around 7 AM and by 4 PM at least 75% had worn off. I spent my day wiping away little flakies from under my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What is HEB?? Can't find this mascara anywhere!! Revlon website doesn't even have it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What is HEB?? I can't find this mascara anywhere!! Revlon website doesn't even have it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am having such a hard time finding those Revlon Matte lip colors. Most stores that I've checked don't even have them, and the stores that DO have them are very picked over. Can't even find them online. I want Seduction so bad. :-(

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig