Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Saturday, April 11, 2015

New Dollar Tree Beauty Sightings!

Attention, Dollar Tree shoppers! There are some new beauty items popping up at Dollar Tree locations across the country right now, and I have lots of pics and info for you, thanks to some lovely readers. So let's get started!

image credit: @thedailynail for Nouveau Cheap
Maybelline Color Tattoo Pure Pigments 
(retail: $1 each at Dollar Tree)

Thanks so much to reader @thedailynail on Instagram for the pic above. She spotted the Color Tattooo Pure Pigments at her Dollar Tree this week, and I have since heard from several of you who have also spotted these at your Dollar Trees this week (thanks so much to everyone who took the time to let me know about that!). If you love these, get over to Dollar Tree ASAP since it looks like these have just landed very recently. Get 'em before they're wiped out! 

Keep reading for more sightings...

image credit: @thedailynail for Nouveau Cheap
Revlon Limited Edition Nail Polishes
(retail: $1 each at Dollar Tree)

@thedailynail was also nice enough to share these additional pics of some other Dollar Tree sightings she found this week. She spotted polishes from the Revlon Spring 2014 Leather & Tweed collection (Downtown, Leather Skinnies, Motorcycle Jacket and Rock Chic), as well as the shade Reality Star from the Fall 2012 Magnetic Attraction collection at her Dollar Tree. She also spotted these Sally Hansen Insta Gel Strips:

image credit: @thedailynail for Nouveau Cheap
Sally Hansen Insta Gel Strips
(retail: $1 each at Dollar Tree)

image credit: @thethriftychica for Nouveau Cheap
ChapIce Rosy Lip Treatment and Frizz Ease haircare
(retail: $1 each at Dollar Tree)

Next up, reader @thethriftychica on Instagram spotted this new ChapIce dupe of Vaseline Rosy Lips, as well as some travel size Frizz Ease haircare, at her Dollar Tree this week and kindly shared these pics. Reader @polishedcousinrobin on Instagram let me know that the ChapIce Lip Treatments also come in Cocoa Butter and French Vanilla flavors. I haven't seen these at my Dollar Tree stores yet, and I went on the OraLabs website (makers of Revo and ChapIce) for more info but they don't appear to be listed there as of the time of this post. So I'm guessing they're still quite new!

And here are a few other new Dollar Tree products that might be worth putting on your radar:

image source
White Rain Boutique Collection Skincare Products
(retail: $1 each at Dollar Tree, 4.0 oz.)

White Rain has been around forever (I remember it was the only hairspray my mom used when I was kid) and they are owned by High Ridge, which is the same parent company of Vo5, Zest, Coast and Rave. I believe that all High Ridge products are made in the US (I know that Vo5 and White Rain products are made in the US, and I think their other brands are as well).

As of the time of this post, the Boutique Collection products pictured above are not on the White Rain website, but I did find them on this wholesale site. From left to right in the photo above:
  • Facial Cleanser & Make-Up Remover
  • Gentle Facial Scrub
  • Daily Foot & Heel Cream
  • Shea Butter Body Lotion
  • Moisturizing Shower Gel
I haven't seen these products in person yet, but I've seen some of you mentioned them on social media and TheThriftyChica has a helpful review on her YouTube channel HERE, if you'd like some more info about the two facial products in this line.

Also, I noticed that White Rain has some new bar soaps in their Boutique Collection as well:

image source: White Rain website
White Rain Boutique Collection Natural Moisturizing Bar Soaps
Almond & Honey, Coconut Créme, Lavender & Shea Butter

I spotted these at on the White Rain website, but I haven't seen them at my local Dollar Trees yet. I'm guessing they'll be available there for $1 each (if you've seen them at your DT locations, please let us know!).

Next up, have you heard about this (very) affordable Clinique lookalike skincare system that's available at Dollar Tree?

Skin Nutritions Ultimate Skincare System
(retail: $1 per product at Dollar Tree)

I believe that these products have been at Dollar Tree for a few years now. But recently, I've seen more and more people rave about them on social media, with obvious comparisons to Clinique.

As far as I can tell, Skin Nutritions products are only available in-store at Dollar Tree, but you can also order directly from the Skin Nutritions website (but the prices are higher). According to the labels on the bottles, these products are "formulated in New York" and "made in China." If you've never heard of this brand before, it may be because they apparently do absolutely zero advertising. 

We do not spend extra money on advertising, promotions or expensive packaging so the savings can be passed on to the consumer. 
Our Promises: 
No promotions 
No advertisements 
No expensive packaging 
No Paraben  
No Phthalate  
No DEA 

Since the Skin Nutritions website lists all of the ingredients in their products on their website, I did a quick comparison of their toner to the Clinique version (this seems to be the product that most people are raving about lately, with the cleanser coming in a close second):
Clinique Clarifying Lotion 2 Ingredients:Water, Alcohol Denat., Glycerin, Salicylic Acid, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel), Menthol, Trehalose, Sodium Hyaluronate, Butylene Glycol, Citric Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, BHT, Phenoxyethanol, Benzophenone-4, Red 6, Red 33, Violet 2 
Skin Nutritions Ulta Clarifying Lotion Ingredients:Water, Alcohol Denat, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water, Glycerin, Menthol, Rosa Roxburghii Fruit Extract, Coffee Arabica Extract, Vaccinium Myrtillus (Bilberry) Extract, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Beta-Carotene, Thioctic Acid, Lithothamnium Calcareum Powder, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Extract, Sodium Bicarbonate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Fragrance, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol

As you can see, both formulas contain water and denatured alcohol as the first two ingredients. Both formulas have some other ingredients in common, though not in the same order, such as glycerin, witch hazel, menthol and sodium hyaluronate (aka: hyaluronic acid). The Skin Nutritions formula also contains some extracts such as coffee, bilberry and shea butter, which are not present in the Clinique formula. I personally can't use skincare products that contain denatured alcohol or menthol (they break me out and dry out my skin), so I won't be able to review the toner for you. But if you are already a fan of the Clinique formula, then this may not be an issue for you, of course.

Have you spotted/tried any of the Dollar Tree sightings featured in this post? As always, I would absolutely love to hear from you!

Thanks again to @thedailynail and @thethriftychica, for the great sightings and pics! Also, thanks to everyone who has taken the time to share Dollar Tree sightings and info with me recently--I really appreciate it!
SHARE:

17 comments

  1. Ermahgerd! I need to see if I can find those pigments. I own a few and really like them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been using the Skinnutritions for few months now and I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've recently seen the NYC Expert Last Lipsticks at the Dollar Tree. Was not expecting to find those there. Hoping to see the Maybelline Color Tattoos at my local one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much!!! I'm checking the better DT next friday!! Wanted to tell yall that I my tiny country town Dollar General had neon baby lips in a clearance box for 1.00. I picked up the yellow (which is clear on the lips) and the pink. Obviously that's all I saw or I would have gotten them all lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Thanks for posting, there are so many new goodies to look out for now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My Dollar Tree had Essie nail strips, too! I would've bought them but I'm trying to work through the stuff I already have before I buy new stuff. Holy moly, I have so much nail stuff... :X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great overview on what makes The Dollar Tree the best! :) I actually have the 1, 2 and 3 step skin care and it really is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for this post! I read it, and then went right out and bought three of the Color Tattoo pigments, the same three shown in the photo above.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a friend that found Milani Bella eyeshadow individuals at her Dollar tree. We don't get even close to anything that good. Heard of some finding physicians Formulas at some. We get LA Colors a little bit. A little old nail polishes the times I have
    Been in. I see all the great Hauls and go too e and nothing fun ever. Think it's just a small one in small city maybe. So sad

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was wondering if I could write to DT distributers and ask if they can send us some good stuff this way sometimes. I got a bunch of cute stickers and some candle holders and se holders I had burned the candles out if. Andrade brush holders
    And eye pencil holders for a fun diy holders.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I stopped in yesterday hoping to find the pigments but I didn't have luck. I did buy a couple L'Oreal lip gloss tubes. I got lavender and mint green. I thought about getting the lone White Rain scrub but it was the gentle one. Since I would want something a little scrubbier I will look for the other one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I saw the White Rain skincare at mine. Also spotted a few WnW 3-pan palettes in different packaging and one Milani lipgloss. Everything was basically gone LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The 99 cents only store also has the skin nutritions. A few weeks ago, Whole Foods had a promo where you brought in a full size cleanser and they gave you one from a very expensive line( cant remember the name). Anyway, I stopped at the 99 cents store and picked up one of these to trade in. Also, That is a great price for those sally hansen gel strips. You dont have to use the gel topcoat on top, you can just use the strips OR, if you have a light, you can use the gel topcoat with any other regular polish to extend your wear for about a week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. At my Dollar Tree I found everything in your post! I am so excited about all of the beauty finds. I purchased the White Rain Foot cream (which is excellent), 10 Revlon nail polishes, and 4 of the Maybelline Color Tattoo pigments.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your post got me to DT. I saw the White Rain skin line and the SkinNutritions. (I picked up the toner since I liked the sound of the ingredients.) I also saw a few Maybelline Eye Studio Master Smoky Long-Wearing Shadow Pencils (in blue and purple) and some Physicians Formula shimmer strips (for hazel eyes). I was hoping to see some of the Maybelline Baby Lips neons -- especially the Berry Bomb, which is my favorite of the six, and I want an extra.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I was last at Dollar Tree (Minneapolis) about a week and a half ago. I saw the White Rain Boutique lotion, Revlon Colorstay Nail Polish (which I think might have been discontinued last summer? They had many bottles of Rain Forest, which is a great color that I got super cheap at Ulta on clearance last summer -- thanks G for the rec on that color last year), Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear NP (I've never seen any of this line at Dollat Tree. I assume it was discontinued colors), and many different Acne Free products. I will definitely be keeping an eye out for the Color Tattoos!

    ReplyDelete
  17. It seems like the DT stores near me are going through a reset of their cosmetics sections. There was plenty of empty spaces. I managed to get a bunch of the NYC Apple Glossy lip Balm, and a few other random NYC lipsticks. One of the DT stores had the White Rain Boutique Shower Gels, so I picked up one of those (none of the others from the line, though.) I'll keep hunting!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig