Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Friday, March 21, 2014

Review: Nivea A Kiss Of Care & Color Lip Care in Sheer Crimson

I was pretty excited when I first posted about this new lip balm line from Nivea back in January, and I finally found them at Rite Aid last month so I picked up Sheer Crimson. I've been wearing this off and on for a few weeks now--keep reading for my thoughts!

NEW Nivea A Kiss Of Care & Color Lip Care in Sheer Crimson
(retail: around $4.50 each, 0.17 oz)

There are four shades in this range: Sheer Berry, Sheer Crimson, Sheer Coral and Sheer Pink. You can see all four shades here.



 photo 040-1.jpg

 photo 041-3.jpg

 photo 043-2.jpg

 photo 042-1.jpg

Sheer Crimson
(three swipes)

For perspective, here are swatches of Sheer Crimson next to the new Palmer's Dark Chocolate & Cherry Tinted Lip Balm that I reviewed here:

Nivea Sheer Crimson vs. Palmer's Dark Chocolate & Cherry
(three swipes each)

Pigmentation: As you can see, the Nivea lip balm is a bit more pigmented than the Palmer's. This also translates to the lips--I don't have to swipe as many times to get a nice flush of color from the Nivea lip balm. The color itself is more of a brick-red and it's a very wearable color that should adjust nicely on a variety of skintones.

Texture: This formula is creamier than other Nivea lip balms I own. It's definitely more creamy than the Palmer's (which is more of a thin, slick type of balm). I like that I don't need to go back and forth on my lips a million times to feel like a I have a good coating on my lips. It's not greasy at all--it just feels creamy.

Flavor/Fragrance: This one's a bit of a mixed bag for me. The scent, on first sniff, reminded me of clean baby diapers. You know that smell when you open a package of baby diapers? That sort of baby-powder-mixed-with-plastic scent? I swear this reminded of that! Thank goodness it does not TASTE like clean baby diapers though. The flavor is very reminiscent of my favorite Nivea Lip Balm, A Kiss of Olive Oil & Lemon. It tastes nearly identical to me (herbal and fresh with a bit of a floral note--sort of like jasmine tea). But where it differs is that I also get a hint of mint in this one (there's menthol in the formula but it's pretty low on the list). That mint flavor also creates a slight tingle on the lips that lasts for about 30 minutes on my lips.

Staying Power: It's a tinted lip balm, so don't expect amazing staying power. I can get about an hour to an hour and a half before it's gone from my lips.

FINAL VERDICT: This is a nicely-pigmented tinted lip balm with a good, creamy consistency. The scent may be a bit polarizing but if you can get past that, the flavor is actually quite lovely (if the idea of jasmine tea with a hint of mint sounds appealing to you, you'll probably love this). It's certainly not a revolutionary lip balm, but for what it is, I think Nivea did a very nice job with these and I would certainly consider purchasing more in the future.

Do you own any Nivea A Kiss of Care & Color Lip Balms? If so, I would absolutely love to know how they're working for you!

The products featured in this post were purchased with personal funds. For more information, click here.
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. I was able to get one of these for free at CVS as they sent me a coupon (a few weeks ago). I picked up the Sheer Coral and find it to be a nice lip balm, however if I apply it too much, I found it a bit drying. Other than that, I think it's a decent balm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great! Definitely going to pick it up some time, the color is just right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been curious about these, in particular the crimson one. I love that it's a warm brick red. I might just pick one of these up and hope the scent isn't too distracting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clean baby diapers!!! That description slayed me!!! Good one G. I have begun to see these around but was waiting for a review. I will try one just not Crimson because brick red just doesn't work on me! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I spotted these at Rite Aid back in January and had a Nivea coupon, so picked up the Berry shade. I like it, for a day where I don't want to think about what colour to pick but want a nice flush of life on the lips. Funny how you describe the scent, I can see that...but tomy nose my first thought was that it smelled like the original Nivea lotion (blue bottle). It IS super creamy, and I guess that's why the staying power is rather "meh"...but the Berry does leave behind a bit of a stain after a couple of hrs wear. I totally prefer the scent on the NYX butter balm sticks, like fruity candy, sorta like starburst chews in cherry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can you compare this to the nivea kiss of cherry?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was introduced to Nivea lip balms a few years ago by my daughter and it's my Spring/Summer "go to". I picked up the Kiss of Care in Sheer Berry and I do love it, I agree you shouldn't apply too much. This is a great for when I don't want to wear a lipstick or topping a balm stain.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig