Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Monday, March 24, 2014

Review: Lush Limited Edition Easter 2014 Collection

The Lush Easter 2014 goodies have landed! There are ten products in the range this year, and you can view them all here (or at your nearest Lush retail location). I received five of the ten products from the Easter 2014 range for review, so let's not waste any time! Here's a closer look at these cuties.

 
Lush Limited Edition Easter 2014 Goodies
(retail: $5.95 - $10.95 at Lush)

 

 photo 005-9.jpg
Bright Side Bubble Bar 
(retail: $10.95, 7.0 oz)

If you've never used a Lush Bubble Bar before, you're in for a real treat. You can watch a video demonstration here, to see for yourself how many bubbles this bar can product and the gorgeous "sunset" shade it will give your bath water. I find that using a third of this (huge) bar is perfect for my standard size bathtub, but you may require less (or more, depending on the size of your tub). My advice is to start slowly and add a tiny chunk at first, and then add more if need.

As for the fragrance, oh my! Someone on the Lush site mentioned that this smells like "orange jelly slices" and I think that person nailed it. If you've ever eaten Sunkist Orange Slices, this Bubble Bar smells almost exactly like those. If you love orange candy of any kind, I think you will LOVE this one. It makes me happy just sniffing it.

 photo 004-3.jpg

Bunny Bubble Bar
(retail: $6.95, 2.8 oz)

Bunny is just the cutest little thing ever, isn't he? 



Look at that tail! To see this Bubble Bar in action, check out this demo video. This Bubble Bar isn't big on color and, due to its size, you probably won't get multiple uses like with other Lush Bubble Bars (I needed the entire bunny for my standard-size bathtub). 

As you can see in the photo below, this bunny's belly is pink, and there are also blue cornflower petals mixed in for good measure. As for the fragrance, you might be happy to know that this bunny smells exactly like Lush Rockstar/Candy Mountain, and as I said in my original review of Candy Mountain, this scent is like a combination of vanilla, almond, bubblegum and other things I can't quite pin-point. It's one of my all-time favorites from Lush.


 photo 016-6.jpg
Golden Egg Bath Bomb Melt 
(retail: $8.95, 3.8 oz)

This a brand new product for Lush--it's a combination Bath Bomb and Bath Melt! It has a "creamy cocoa butter exterior" with a "fizzy bath bomb center" and it's dusted with golden luster. You can see the golden luster better in lower lighting:


This product is absolutely stunning in person. But you MUST watch the video demonstration of what happens when you drop this egg into your bath--CLICK HERE (it's gorgeous). As for the scent, those of you who love Lush's Honey I Washed the Kids fragrance are going to be happy to know that they used that fragrance for this egg. Lush describes Honey I Washed the Kids as a "honey toffee" fragrance, but to me it smells more like actual honey and less like candy. Others have said it smells like popcorn to them, but I don't get that at all. It's a rich, syrupy, floral honey fragrance to my nose, and it's one of my all-time favorites.

You can certainly drop this entire egg into your bath (like in the video above), but I find that cutting it into thirds with a butter knife works just fine with me. A third of this egg is perfect for my standard-size bathtub.


 photo 018-5.jpg
Fluffy Egg Bath Bomb 
(retail: $5.95, 4.6 oz)

Many Lush products are known for their strong scents, but if you prefer a bit of a milder scent in your bath water, and you love sweet, candy-type fragrances, I think this one's for you. Plus, it turns your bath water pink! Click here to watch the demo video.

If you love Lush's holiday scent Snow Fairy, you'll be happy to know they used the same fragrance for Fluffy Egg. Lush describes this fragrance as "vanilla-cotton candy" and I would agree, but there's something "else" going on here, which keeps it from being one of those sickeningly-sweet, cloying fragrances. There's a tiny bit of a floral note...I'm not sure which type of floral, but it's lovely.

 photo 020-4.jpg

And last but CERTAINLY not least:

 photo 010-4.jpg
Carrot Soap
(retail: $6.95, 3.5 oz)

To me, the scent of Carrot Soap is like you took a wicker basket of fresh tropical fruits just picked from the garden (with leaves still attached) and placed the basket in the sunshine and took a big whiff. That's EXACTLY what this soap smells like to me. I get orange, tangerine, kumquat, mango, grapefruit, and LEAVES in this fragrance. Fresh, green citrus leaves. I am telling you, I could sit here at this desk and zone out all day, just holding this soap to my nose and inhaling. This fragrance is absolutely intoxicating. 

If you generally gravitate toward citrus and herbal scents, you need this. I have a feeling this soap might be like the Easter equivalent of the holiday shower gel Rose Jam (i.e., the hit of the collection that everyone's now hoarding). 

 photo 009-5.jpg

There are lots of other Easter 2014 goodies available from Lush, and you can view them all here. Of the products I received for review, my top picks would be Carrot Soap and Golden Egg--I just adore both of those products so much, I want back-ups before they're gone for the season. 

Are you already a Lush fan? Have you purchased anything from the Easter 2014 Collection yet? If so, what do you have? If not, do you think you might pick up any of these goodies before they're gone? 

A sample of this product was given to Nouveau Cheap for editorial purposes, either directly from the manufacturer or from the agency that works on behalf of the manufacturer. All reviews on NouveauCheap.Blogspot.com are the honest opinion of its author and editorial samples do not, in any way, affect the outcome of product reviews. For more information, click here.
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. OMG you review for LUSH? So jealous! I went there on Friday while checking out the new Kiko USA store, but they couldn't sell the Easter stuff yet. I plan on grabbing the carrot soap and bright side (and possibly placing a huge order on the UK site!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the info! I thought these were in-store already, but I'll have to double-check the in-store date!

      You are going to love that Carrot Soap! And Bright Side really does smell like orange candy. So fun. I'd love to know what you think when you get them. :)

      Delete
  2. that egg sounds loverly... melts are some of my favorites.
    Oh and BTW, I really like the bamboo, placemat-lookin backdrop in your photos! Your photography is getting better and this background gives the pics a warm feel that's different from the standard white bg.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Golden Egg is so cool! ;)

      And thanks so much for the feedback on my pics. Yep, I got some bamboo placemats at the dollar store (you know I love my dollar stores!) specifically for this purpose and I'm liking the look,so it's WONDERFUL to hear that feedback from you! And also, I got a new camera a while back but I'm still playing around with it. Glad you think things are improving! :)

      Delete
  3. I wish my apartment had a bathtub! I've always wanted to try their bath bombs. :( But that carrot soap is calling my name.

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are sooooo cute!!! I love LUSH ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig