Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Monday, March 24, 2014

The contents of my Target Spring 2014 Beauty Box

PLEASE NOTE: The Target Spring 2014 Beauty Box is no longer available for purchase on the Target website. I'm only showing it to you because A LOT of you ordered it when I posted about it on March 3rd (see my original post here). So I thought it might be fun to compare boxes and see if we all got the same packaging/contents.

IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO KNOW ABOUT THE NEXT TARGET BEAUTY BOX: Just follow my blog! Target does these about twice a year, and I post about them as soon as I hear about them (I've been covering these for several years now). I'd also like to once again thank reader Cristina (@cristina592 on Instagram) for being the first to alert me to this year's box!


So I finally got my Target Beauty Box in the mail last week, and I know that several of you did too (thanks so much for all the emails, tweets, Instagram tags, etc!). To refresh your memory, this box was $5 on the Target website, with free shipping. So let's take a look and see if it was worth the five bucks!




The first card includes a listing of the contents of the box (a nice touch that Target didn't do with past boxes) and also a coupon for $3 off any $15 beauty purchase at Target (in-store or online). Yay!


The second card includes a code for 20% off + free shipping at any of Target's partner websites above. I blacked out the code because I'm not sure if it's intended exclusively for people who purchased the beauty box (sorry).



Travel size versions of Herbal Essences Naked Dry Shampoo (CLICK HERE for my full review of this dry shampoo), Toni & Guy Sea Salt Spray and Jergens BB Body Cream.


Full-size tube of L'Oreal Voluminous Butterfly Mascara in Black and a full-size tube of CoverGirl Lipslicks Smoochies Sizzle Gloss in Date Night (clear with sparkle).

Was this box worth the $5? HECK YEAH IT WAS. The L'Oreal Mascara alone retails for $8.99, so everything else was basically free.

Would I order the next Target Beauty Box? YES. I order them just about every time they're available, even when I'm not that excited about them (I can't help myself).

How does this box compare to the past Target Beauty Boxes? For a long time, Target did beauty BAGS (the products came in cute little makeup bags like THIS and THIS) and they were FREE (you literally paid nothing). The majority of the products in the free beauty bags were one-use haircare packets with one or no full-size products, but you did get a booklet of beauty coupons. I think I prefer paying a little bit out of my own pocket and getting more full-size products and travel-size products (and no sample packets), but that's just personal preference. I know a lot of you miss the free bags!

Did you order this spring's Target Beauty Box? If so, did you get it yet? If you got it, how does YOUR box compare to mine? Are you happy with it?

The products featured in this post were purchased with personal funds. For more information, click here.
SHARE:

43 comments

  1. Wait, wait, wait. FIVE DOLLARS?! That's an awesome deal! Good for you, G! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somehow i ended up paying shipping. I was on my statement and deducted from my account. I emailed Target about this, whit no response. I'm not too upset, because total was still under $12, but still...Other than that, love the box, minus the lip gloss!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Got mine, it was identical to yours, and I'm totally with you about paying a little to get full-size products. I'm pretty darn happy with it and consider it a well-spent $5.

    Thank you so much for posting about it! I never would have known about it if I didn't religiously follow your blog :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice, I had heard about this box before but don't know where to order or subscribe....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got the same exact same thing..total bargain...like you said, it's like buying the mascara for $5 and getting everything else for free!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got one as well and I love it, too! :) I learned it was on sale thanks to you, so thank you thank you thank you! :))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Agree with you, by investing a little bit, you're receiving not only travel size samples, you get discount for future purchases online or in store. Everybody wins; now, would you review the Tony & Guy Sea Salt spray?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mine has the exact same contents as yours, G. Worth every penny and so fun to get in the mail. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I ordered it and received all the same products except the lip gloss I got was a different color (more of a gold shimmer). I agree it's a great deal!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I got mine too and honestly that mascara is my new favorite drugstore mascara. I don't have to tightline when I use it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I did and had the same contents except my lip gloss was a light sparkly baby pink. 100% worth the 5 dollars even if I ended up not liking the mascara. I love the large sample sizes as well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I got mine and its exactly the same just a different lipgloss color!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I got the same things, but my gloss was pink. It was definately worth it!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I got the exact same set down to the gloss color. I've been wanting to try that mascara and that dry shampoo and I'm enjoying the other products, so I'm pretty happy with it. I'm glad I got one - thanks to your heads-up :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I got a pink lipgloss. Everything else is the same. I love this mascara SO much. Totally worth every single penny!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I agree - we got soooo much, I would gladly pay $5 instead of get free foil packets. I don't need another makeup bag for the rest of my life anyway ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wasn't crazy about the lip gloss color I got (same as yours) or the dry shampoo. Otherwise love the box!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Same here, my lipgloss shade is 505 Tickled Pink...looks peachy/pink in tube, but reads as clear w sparkles.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, I forgot to say that I ordered 2 boxes and got the very same lipgloss shade in both.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm so excited to receive mine! Hope it shows up soon or else I'll cry. I got charged for shipping too and never called to reverse the charge. Do you think I still can?

    ReplyDelete
  21. I actually got mine for under 5$ my daughter is a Target Team member so she actually ordered it for me and used her discount plus the red card gives you free shipping. .. anyway everything in my box was the same except my CoverGirl Smoochies is in the color tickled pink! I was all in for the mascara alone! I do love it... everything else ..cherries on top!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I also received the lipgloss in pink which I haven't tried yet. I really wish they gave you the option of getting the Jergens BB body cream in medium instead of light. Shipping was free. Thanks again for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete
  23. My lip gloss was a bubblegum pink color, otherwise the same.

    ReplyDelete
  24. OMG I should have bought this. I decided not to because I was not sure how generous they were with those samples. And I am regretting it so much. If I knew that the $5 get me that mascara I heck to the yes would quickly order it. I never look back to see if you had blogged about any previous paid beauty box, so I kept thinking that it would not be money well spent if the box is exactly like free beauty box. Ugh, I felt so dumb now! I hope the next one would be as great as this so I can get on the band wagon and order myself one!

    ReplyDelete
  25. That's exactly what was in my box. I like that they're bigger sample sizes & full size products. Not bad for $5.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Unfortunately they never fixed the shipping issue when I was still looking to order it so I up and forgot about the whole thing. Bummer, it was a great deal..heck I paid $3 alone for the Jergens BB Body Cream trial size at Target last week!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I received the same products, except the lip gloss was a peachy color. Definitely worth it, at $5 (plus the coupons!). Thank you so much for alerting me it was available. This is my second (thanks to you!) and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  28. p.s Target really makes it feel like a treat the way they package it.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Like a $5 Birchbox! Wish I had gotten this one! Next time I won't hesitate!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love this mascara! I have been wanting to try it for a while and this box was a steal for 5 bucks!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I wonder if this will be available to Canadians since we have Target now..

    ReplyDelete
  32. Really wish I would have ordered this. The only thing I *really* wanted to try was that Jergen's BB Body - I ended up getting a 2 oz one from The One Spot thinking it was $1 but it rang up $3 (they had them in the wrong bin, drat). So that was almost as much as the whole box. Next time, I won't hesitate!

    ReplyDelete
  33. How do you know when they have the box? I want the box! I am a Target girl till the end, but I've never heard of this. PLEASE ADVISE! I NEED IT! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please take another quick look at the top of my blog post! Like I said in this post, I mention these boxes right here on my blog when they're available, so all you have to do is keep reading my blog and you'll know when they're available.

      Delete
  34. I NEVER knew Target had a box until I read your blog, by the time I got to their website, they were gone baby gone! :( ah well...I know I'll have better luck next time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Shoot. I wish I'd taken advantage. Some good stuff for $5.

    ReplyDelete
  36. I didn't get the free shipping but I'm OK with that. My gloss was a very light pink. I love everything I got.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Mine was the same except the lip gloss was pink. It was such a good value! I already use that mascara, so it was like getting a bonus with something I already buy. Can't wait for the next one! Around what time of year does the next one come out?

    ReplyDelete
  38. I got the same box except the pink lip gloss, like a lot of other commenters. Haven't tried that yet but I *really* like the sea salt spray and I'm looking forward to trying the mascara and the dry shampoo. Got the same Jergens BB cream in last month's Birchbox. Thanks for always posting about these! Totally worth the $5 (although I did like that little coupon book they used to send out -- I rarely drop $15 at a time at Target on beauty products but the $1 off here and there coupons were handy).

    ReplyDelete
  39. I'm really liking the mascara and I have very picky eyes, they will itch and I end up with raccoon eyes every time. Not with this one. and I like the dry shampoo, it doesn't leave a white cast, and I have PLENTY of dry shampoos. I have dark red colored hair and anything that helps me keep my color from fading is a bonus. I also tried the cleanser-conditioner by .......damn I can't remember the name, natural instincts? anyway its in a big red bottle with roses on it and a pump and its fantastic. (I'm too lazy to run upstairs to see the name of it lol)

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig