Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Spotted: Safety seals on NYX products at CVS

So I finally found a full display of NYX cosmetics at my CVS last week (I know so many of you have had a full display for weeks now!) and I noticed something very interesting that I wanted to share with you.

The biggest complaint that I've heard from some of you about the NYX display at CVS (and this applies to similar NYX displays at Ulta, Target and Walgreens as well) is the lack of safety seals on products. Some have you have told me that absolutely nothing is safety-sealed in the display in your area, but look at this:

Safety seals on NYX products at CVS

ALL of the blushes have safety seals:


And most of the other face products as well:


Some of the products aren't fully wrapped in plastic (like the ones above) but some at least have a barcode sticker across the opening:


All of the mascaras have safety seals too:


There are still several products that have NO safety seals though (and no barcode sticker across the opening):


None of the lip colors have safety seals, and none of the pencil eyeliners or jumbo eye pencils do either. 

My point is that, in my area at least, SOME of the products in the NYX display at CVS now come safety-sealed. When I posted about this on Instagram the other day, some readers informed me that the displays in their areas (at both CVS and Walgreens) contained absolutely NO safety-sealed products. I don't know if these safety-sealed products are a brand new thing for NYX, but my guess is that maybe they're switching to safety-sealing certain products and hopefully this will become more widespread soon. Fingers crossed!

Are any of the NYX products at your CVS, Walgreens, Ulta, Target, etc. safety-sealed? 
SHARE:

17 comments

  1. I think that select NYX products have been safety sealed at my local Ulta for a while. I distinctly remember having to open safety seals on blushes and at least one jumbo eye pencil.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am all for it. One of my biggest pet peeves in walking into the drugstore and every freaking product has opened and tested, swatched what have you. I just don't get it, if you do not like the product just return it, don't ruin a chance for people who know they are going to like just to get home ( LIKE MYSELF) and find the product had been opened. So YEAHHHH For NYX!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's amazing to me that the products NOT safety sealed are the ones for your lips - gross. It wouldn't bother me nearly as much for a face product not being sealed. I have wanted to try the Butter Gloss for a while now, but at Ulta and Target they are not sealed and the displays will be a mess, so I haven't picked any up yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really wish there were safety seals on all of the products. Sadly, I'm in a region where NYX is not available at CVS, but I did just place an order from the NYX website. I'm pretty new to the brand and was very surprised that my butter lipsticks weren't safety sealed. I did get a finishing powder and a concealer that were both sealed, though. I think all of them should be, though. Luckily my lipsticks were OK and I am kind of glad I ordered them direct from the company so I know they weren't tested.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bought an eyebrow kit at Wegman's and only noticed when I got home that there was a finger swipe on the primer part. It kind of ticked me off, but I wiped off the top layer of the primer and am using it anyway. I really like it despite that it wasn't sealed. I'll have to check out whether the rest of their display is sealed when I go back next time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish nail polish was safety sealed. I think it is gross that other people open and use the nail polish in the store.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That makes me INSANE. I have to walk away when I see people doing it in the store, because I know I'll say something.

      Delete
  7. Good! NYX is coming to one CVS location around here, and hopefully by the time they get that display up and running ALL the products will have seals, not just the ones you've spotted. I've wanted to try some of their lip products for the longest time but they're not getting a dime of my money until I can buy one guaranteed to be free of in-store use. :/ Here's hoping they tackle seals on lipstick and glosses next.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm going to have to investigate in my area because this is a huge pet peeve of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The lip products are what need the safety seal most!!!!!!! They get swatched like craaazy!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow, did not even think about this. On Monday I grabbed my first NYX butter gloss at Giant Eagle (grocery store chain in central Ohio, some are fancy marketplace ones with nail bars etc) and I remember thinking I'd have to unseal it to wear it. But later I grabbed it out of my purse and put it right on without realizing....no shrink wrap or sticker seal :(

    ReplyDelete
  11. All the nyx blushes (which are all I have bought that weren't in sets) I have purchased have been sealed before. I actually have a sealed one right now. They need to seal their lip products though!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just received my cherryculture order and all the blushes are sealed, but not the lip products

    ReplyDelete
  13. In Las Vegas, the Ulta on Lake Meade / Rainbow has the new baked shadows and blushes they were safety sealed and a butter gloss I bought was also safety sealed. I think the new products coming in are sealed. I won't buy products without seals, so this is important to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. At my local CVS, none of the NYX products had ANY safety seals. Like someone said above, NYX won't get a dime of my money until I can be sure I'm buying a product that hasn't been swatched in the store. And again, like another person above said, I've wanted to try the Butter Glosses since they've come out but every time I go to check them out, someone is there opening and swatching the glosses on to their hands. Gross, NYX -- do you hear this???

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've never bought any NYX products, so I honestly couldn't say anything about them per se. But I'm glad to hear that they have started putting safety seals on their products, as I personally would never buy a product without one.

    ReplyDelete
  16. One reason I never buy at Walmart, it seems like ALL THE PRODUCTS have been messed with. I'd just as soon pay full price for cosmetics at a garage sale. (YUCK) What I don't get is that NYX is one of the few brands that provide testers, why are people opening them up? So, everthing needs to be sealed AND cosmetics should be returnable (or at least exchangable) and stores need to PUBLICIZE THAT POLICY so customers aren't opening up products in the store.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig