Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Spotted: NEW Black Radiance Eyeshadow Trios and 5-Pans (and more)

Black Radiance, from the makers of Wet n Wild, has released a new BB Cream (click here if you missed my original posts) and new Balm & Gloss Duos (click here if you missed that post) for 2014. But I had no idea that they were also releasing new eyeshadow trios AND 5-pans this year, until two lovely readers shared some pics!

First up, reader @Raginrah on Twitter spotted the new trios and 5-pans last week (I forgot to ask her where she spotted these) and was nice enough to share pics:

image credit: @Raginrah for Nouveau Cheap
NEW Black Radiance Urban Identity Shadow Trios
(retail: around $2.99 each)

"Matte, Pearl + Metallic Finishes"

Reader Dragonfly also spotted these trios at her CVS and kindly shared these pics:

image credit: Dragonfly for Nouveau Cheap

image credit: Dragonfly for Nouveau Cheap
Correct, Cute

image credit: Dragonfly for Nouveau Cheap
On Point

image credit: Dragonfly for Nouveau Cheap
 Ambition, Alluring

Dragonfly also pointed out that these trios are now up on the Black Radiance website, if you'd like to know more. Again, there are matte, pearl and metallic finishes in each trio, according to Black Radiance.

Next up, @Raginrah also spotted the new Black Radiance 5-pans and shared this pic:

 image credit: @Raginrah for Nouveau Cheap
NEW Black Radiance Urban Identity Eye Palettes
Seductive, Legendary, ExquisiteIrresistible.
(retail: around $4.99 each)

According to the Black Radiance website, the center of each palette contains a metallic shade, and the four surrounding shades have a pearl finish. Looking at these 5-pans on the BR website, I have to say that the color combinations REALLY remind me of old-school Dior quints from the 90s. I love that!

And last but not least, both Dragonfly and @Raginrah spotted the new Balm & Gloss Duos that I posted about back in January in the permanent display at their drugstores:

 image credit: @Raginrah for Nouveau Cheap
NEW Black Radiance Dynamic Duo Balm & Gloss Duos
(retail: around $3.99 each)

image credit: Dragonfly for Nouveau Cheap

These are not yet on the BR website, but you can see that there are six shades in this range (I have my eye on that purple one!).

Have you spotted these new shadows (or the BB Cream or Balm & Gloss duos) at your local drugstores yet? Anything catching your eye?

Thank you so very much, Dragonfly and @Raginrah, for the fantastic sightings, pics, and info. I truly appreciate it!

PS: I have a neat story to share with you. When I first posted the Black Radiance BB Cream and Gloss Balm Duos sighting back in January (click here to refresh your memory about what those displays look like) reader @beautybypetra on Instagram tagged her friend on my post, who happens to be the model featured on the display! It was neat to be able to "meet" her on Instagram! Her IG handle is @modelomilano and she is stunning (and incredibly sweet as well).
SHARE:

23 comments

  1. Here's hoping they didn't ruin the BR shadow formula like they did for WnW. I'm quite disappointed in the trios, but several of the 5 pans are pretty. Seems like everything Markwins does these days is flat bright color. I like color don't get me wrong.. I'm wearing blue shadow as I'm typing this, but those flat primary colors aren't flattering on most, especially when there isn't at least one neutral in the palette.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The description on their site and on this display says that there's a matte, pearl and metallic in each trio. So maybe it's just the pics that are making them appear flat?

      Delete
  2. Am so excited, can't wait to get a few things. Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alas, Utah is too white for drugstores to stock these lovelies :'(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you can't find BR in your area, they sell this brand on the Target, Walgreens and drugstore.com websites. I'm sure they'll eventually carry these new goodies.

      Delete
  4. "Alas, Utah is too white for drugstores to stock these lovelies :'( "

    I never have understood the ethnic separation in the beauty business.. but then again I've never understood it anywhere else either. Some of my very favorite products are from lines designed for darker skin tones, and I'm on the light side of fair. Both Walmart and Walgreens carry BR in select stores and have product locator features on their websites, you can check to see if any stores near you carry them.. but of course they won't be on the websites for a while yet. Just choose the product you are looking for and there will be a link somewhere on the page for "find in store". I bought most of my BR shadows at drugstore.com ... they may carry these as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't understand it either. I have a heck of a time finding the CG Queen collection here, even in stores that carry BR and Black Opal. I wish more retailers would understand that we ALL want access to EVERY brand, and just because we may not find a foundation match, that won't stop us from buying color cosmetics. This goes for everyone, of every skintone (for example, women of deeper skintones may not find a color match in Rimmel's foundations, but may still enjoy their lipsticks. Same goes for me, an NC20, when it comes to BR lipsticks, etc.).

      Also, I believe the Black Radiance website has a store locator as well.

      Delete
  5. I live in a small city that is quite ethically diverse. There are many lovely ladies with darker skintones. While I sometimes struggle with foundation shades because I am so fair (sometimes even ivory shades seem too dark), it has always baffled me that there are so few options for deeper skin tones. I used to be able to find CG's Queen Collection, but I haven't seen it years. IMO, the drugstores (and some cosmetic companies) need to wake up and realize that the population isn't just "white".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't agree more. I absolutely hate it when I post about new foundation/BB/CC collections and I know the shade range is only going to accommodate the middle segment of the spectrum. Maybe someday soon we'll see a broader range of shades, both fair and deep, from more brands at the drugstore level (fingers crossed)!

      Delete
    2. I was excited to learn about the Black Radiance BB cream and I was even more excited when I saw a display in Walgreens. However, after using the testers, I discovered that EVERY shade was too dark for me. I am on the fairer end of the women of color spectrum and while I can find foundations that kind of work in most drugstore brands there is still usually an undertone glitch or something that could be just a little better. I have NEVER seen a CG Queen collection display in a drugstore and I would really like to try the products. But for the time being, I am giving up on BB/CC creams.

      Delete
  6. when I worked for Estee Lauder (back in the day) they did not carry any dark foundation at all. When I suggested at a regional meeting that they should I was treated like I suggested they kill small animals for the skin. Glad to see they have changed their attitude but I have never bought EL again. Its overpriced and perfumey anyway. Don't bother. EL also owns Clinique so if you must, buy the less expensive Clinique.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I found four of the trios the other day at a Walgreens near my friend's house , but they were out of the blue one sadly. I need to find it because it is calling my name like nobody's business. I have to hunt down the 5 pans as well

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish these were easier to find - I live in a highly ethnically diverse city yet all of us tan & dark skinned ladies still struggle to find BR and even the CG Queen collection anywhere but online. :( It's especially frustrating to walk into the drugstore looking for foundation and then to walk right back out when you realize that once again they haven't stocked anything past light-medium.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The only place Black Radiance is found here is in Kmart of all places and there is only one Kmart the entire city and it is the second largest city in the entire state... it seems that Markwins would want to reach more customers but then again I'm sure it has to do with the retailers as well and rather or not they want to carry the brand. At any rate, Kmart hasn't updated the line in forever it seems so I never get to see the new Black Radiance products. Don't understand how they can carry a makeup line but only keep older product in stock.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Seriously.. Black Opal invisible oil blocking powder is the best I've ever used.. and Nikka K and Ruby Kisses make awesome cheap eyeshadows, blushes, liners, etc.. I have to go to a "wig shop" (that's what they call it, not my words.. it's a beauty supply specializing in African American women) to find them, no other stores carry them. I get some funny looks sometimes but hey, it's good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  11. When I went to Walgreens looking for the five pan palettes I found them and they have the dollar off sticker things on them that you can use when you check out and I also saw them at Walmart today in a pack with mascara for $4.99, but I didn't see the 3 pans or the new lip glosses either just the five pan on an end cap display. So ladies check your walmarts and Walmart.com for these.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm 99% sure Raginrah spotted the products at Meijer (Midwest supermarket chain).

    ReplyDelete


  13. On Point & Cute pique my interest , as well as the purple & pink balm/gloss duo .


    ––– Nicole




    ReplyDelete
  14. Watched a swatch video this afternoon.. doesn't look good. Pigmentation was very hit or miss and they appeared a lot chalkier/chunkier than before. Darn you Markwins, quit messing up my favorite products! Stick with what works!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ohhhhh, more pretties from BR! I have always loved their products. The shadows can be so pigmented. It's funny how their 5-pans run $1 more than WnW's. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. G can I tell you how much i'm enjoying these comments? Love your blog and your hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I found these at Wags. Picked up one trio and one five pan.. they are quite nice. Very soft, silky, and smooth with decent pigmentation. The only color I thought was a bit lacking was the bright matte orange in the brown trio, it had to be build up quite a bit for full color, but it was nice and smooth with a creamy consistency. They are a LOT better than the new five pan palettes from WnW, which I found very dry. I do think the old formula (especially the duos) had better pigmentation and a much nicer color range.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig