Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Monday, July 8, 2013

Ricky's NYC relaunches house brand nail polishes and makeup brushes


Have you heard the news? Ricky's NYC has relaunched its house brand nail polish line and house brand makeup brush line. You can now purchase both newly-relaunched lines in Ricky's stores (in NYC) and online via the Ricky's NYC website. Take a look!

NEW RickyColor Nail Polishes
(retail: $6.50 each or 2/$10, 0.56 oz per bottle)


Ricky's former house brand line of polishes, Mattese Elite, has gone bye-bye and RickyColor has taken its place. You can view/purchase all of the shades here. I love how there's a zoom feature for the swatches so that you can see details like this:


And here are the newly-relaunched makeup brushes, created by Ricky himself:

 NEW Ricky's Paintbrush Collection
(retail: $8-$30 each)

You can click here for more details.

Do you live in NYC? If so, have you seen these new lines in person yet? If so, I'd love to know what you think!
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Went to Ricky's yesterday! I didn't see the brushes until I was checking out (they were at the register in my Midtown store), but here are my thoughts..
    When I was on their site I saw the brushes, but when I saw them in person I was a bit surprised at how they looked. The last four are way bigger than the Real Techniques face brushes I have, and the eye brushes were all very small (in my opinion). I thought I'd be interested in #18 since I like angled eyeshadow brushes, but the actual shape of it didn't seem useful at all-- not really angled enough to help create an eyeshadow shape. The other eyeshadow brushes only seemed useful for packing on eyeshadow as they were dense, short, and small. #17 is an interesting shape and was very soft, and would probably be good for easily defining the crease or really precise blending. The angled brow and liner brushes were very small, which I actually liked. #35 reminded me a lot of my ELF flat powder brush.
    All of the brushes were very soft, and I thought they were really cute. Let me know if you have any questions about a specific one. The Ricky's is close to where I live and I stop in more often than I should..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just went to Ricky's this past Saturday and I saw both the brushes and the polishes. The polishes even had this subway 'gift set' thing, where you could pick what colors go in the subway car box (I'll admit it was cute, as much as I despise living in this disgusting city with it's highly unreliable and overpriced subway system). The two brushes I looked into were the kabuki buffer and the round powder. Like Sara said above, they were pretty big compared to the norm, but they did feel really soft. I wanted the kabuki brush because I've been looking for a large one but the two of them retailed between $24 and $30-ish each, which is way more than I can spend on 1 brush right now.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig