Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Thursday, April 18, 2013

Treasure-hunting at Dollar Tree

Since the first sightings of Sinful Colors polishes at Dollar Tree back in the middle of March, I've been kind of obsessed with the fact that lots of older, limited edition and harder-to-find shades have been popping up at various locations (a HUGE thanks to everyone who has reported sightings and details!) for, of course, $1 each.

In addition to harder-to-find Sinful Colors polishes, many of you have been spotting older, harder-to-find and limited edition polishes from NYC at your local Dollar Trees too! AND, in case you've missed my previous posts about this, e.l.f. Studio products are surfacing at Dollar Tree (in addition to the regular $1 e.l.f. products). This is a great deal since, as you know, most e.l.f. Studio products retail for $3 each but since they're at Dollar Tree they're, of course, just $1 each.

Reader raeann88 on Instagram shared with me her recent Dollar Tree haul:

image credit: raeann88 for Nouveau Cheap
Sinful Colors #28 Taurus, NYC Bubblegum Pink, Sinful Colors #836 Serena and Chloe, NYC Demon Glow Top Coat, e.l.f. Studio Precision Liquid Eyeliner

Keep reading to see why I freaked out when raeann88 shared this picture...

Let's start with Sinful Colors #28 Taurus. Obviously this is a very old shade, considering that the number is in the two-digits. I actually looked for some swatches of Taurus on Google and couldn't find any, so I believe this is a rare one! Sinful Colors Serena and Chloe is not too hard to find (I think you can still find it in the core display at Walgreens) but I totally forgot about how pretty it is (it's an orange jelly with orange flecks--you can see swatches of it here). 

Moving on the NYC polishes, as some of you probably recall, Expert Last is a line that NYC seems to reserve for Limited Edition collections only. This shade, Bubblegum Pink, was from the Spring 2011 Color That Never Sleeps Collection. And that Demon Glow top coat is from the NYC Limited Edition Halloween 2012 Sweet & Devilish Collection. That top coat glows under black light--fun! 

And last but not least, raeann88 also scored an e.l.f. Precision Liquid Eyeliner for $1 (these retail for $3 on the e.l.f. website).

So get out there and visit your local Dollar Trees--you never know what you might find!

Thanks so much, raeann88, for the great haul pic!

PS: Reader KD just left a comment on the You Tell Me page (which I need to update ASAP since the comments are loading slowly again since we're up past 200--sorry!) letting us know that she just spotted Sinful Colors Limited Edition shades from the winter 2012 collections at Big Lots!
SHARE:

14 comments

  1. I'm so happy you posted about this!! I was going to ask a question regarding 3 Sinful polishes I got from Dollar Tree but you answered it. Lol. I got 1 called Pink Diamond #58 , Fuschia Purple #15 and a two toned metallic like pink without a name or number. Any idea if these were from some limited edition?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm curious about Taurus. I like the look of it. I need to hit Dollar Tree ASAP! I also posted on the You Tell Me page about finds at Big Lots -- including Sinful Colors magnetics for $1.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't remember if you've already mentioned this, but Sinful's magnetic polishes are popping up at the Dollar Tree. I picked up "Stuck On You", "Force Field", and "It's Electric".

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was lucky enough to nab a ELF shadow/liner duo stick in the green shade last month. Havent seen an new SC or ELF since then but i keep my eye on em.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was able to grab a 2-pack of the NYC polishes at the Dollar store as well; it contained Demon Glow and a lavender shade. I have a question though..what is up with the bottle shape? I must really be out of the loop, is that an older bottle style? A new one?? Is it just for LE shades? I must know! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bought Rise and Shine, Athens, Mauve, Ocean Side, 24/7, Grecian Sun, Midnight Blue, Leap Flog, Summer Peach, Ciao Bela!, and Scandal which I got as a backup since it's one of my fav's!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just went back and got picked up Pacific Ocean #156 and White Diamond #136... so beautiful!!! I also picked up 2 cover girl lipliners

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish there was a Dollar Tree in NYC :(. I really be missing out on some serious deals!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I found a Sinful Colors in "Kissy" yesterday on clearance in Walgreens. It was .50 cents! It's a dark glittery green. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. 6 of the local dollar trees I have goone to multiple times in the past month only 2 stores have sunful colors. One of the 2 doesn't seem like they have gotten anymore shipments in sinve that first shipment the other store has gotten several in since. They also had gotten the NYC 2 packs and Sally Hansen insta dri.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I ran out to my local Dollar Tree this past weekend (Merrionette Park, IL) and Sinful Colors polishes and a bunch of nail arts are there too! I picked up two nail arts as well as #1124, Outrages, which after some googling I discovered is from a 2012 Rite-Aid only collection! For someone with no Rite Aids anywhere, it was a pretty sweet deal, lol. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. ...Forgot to mention that I also saw a bunch of older NYC products, like the "lip sliders" lip gloss tins, which are super moisturizing! Picked one of those up as well.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I went to my Dollar Tree in Northeast Ohio today and picked up seven Sinful Colors polishes! I got three base coats (why not?), Precious Metal, Slate, Oasis and Hot Wired. There were also more regular colors and a bunch of the nail art ones. They also had Cover Girl Nail Slicks (blast from the past!), Milani single eyeshadows, a ton of L.A. Colors stuff, and some N.Y.C. shadows.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig