Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Monday, April 22, 2013

Another sighting of Essence at Walgreens!

If you missed the commotion yesterday, longtime reader T. spotted a full, permanent, wall display of Essence Cosmetics at her local Walgreens (click here for pics). This is obviously VERY exciting news for those of us who don't have HEBs, Fred Meyers or Ultas nearby (the only other retailers that I know of who carry Essence in the US).

I obviously have no idea how many Walgreens locations are going to carry Essence, but the good news is that we've had ANOTHER reader sighting! Longtime reader Impoverished by Polish spotted some Essence products at her local Walgreens, but instead of in a wall display like this one, they were on shelves normally reserved for new products:

image credit: Impoverished by Polish for Nouveau Cheap
Essence Cosmetics at Walgreens

Keep reading for a closer look...

image credit: Impoverished by Polish for Nouveau Cheap

Looking above, you can see some "NEW" stickers on some of these products, which means that Walgreens is even carrying the new 2013 products! Also, to the right of the photo above, you'll see that some of the special polishes (not the core polishes) are here too!

image credit: Impoverished by Polish for Nouveau Cheap

In addition to the regular core shades of polishes, Impoverished by Polish also brought to my attention that the new-for-2013 Nude Glam polishes were at her Walgreens too:

image credit: Impoverished by Polish for Nouveau Cheap
Essence Nude Glam polishes
Left to right: Iced Strawberry Ice Cream, Cafe Ole, Peach & Cream

This is very exciting since, as Impoverished by Polish pointed out, these aren't even at Ulta yet!

So far, I've heard from readers who have spotted Essence at Walgreens locations in Northern California and Atlanta. If you have spotted Essence at YOUR Walgreens, please do let us know!

Thanks so much, Impoverished by Polish, for the great sighting and pics. I'm so jealous! 
SHARE:

30 comments

  1. The Nude Glam polishes have been at my Ulta for a while now. I'm rocking cafe ole on my toes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so not becoming for them to be displayed like that. I wonder if they are supposed to go into a permanent wall fixture but it isn't up yet? I can't believe that a plan-o-gram for a premier spot like that would just have the new stuff randomly sitting there. However, this is awesome news!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I might have to pick up a few light polishes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm... spotted on the coasts. That doesn't bode well for Indiana....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know if you find, I have not seen here either.

      Delete
  5. Thanks G & Cristina for all this info! :) I'm excited since I live near you! hahaha :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never used any Essence products. R they a good product. It looks very inexpensive which can b good r bad. I use a lot of Wet n wild products,which r also inexpensive and I find they r hit and miss. Is this line the same way?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had very good luck with their nail polishes, and the previous post about Essence has someone like you who was unfamiliar with their products. If you check the comments, lots of people chip in about their favorites from Essence.

      Delete
    2. I'd say their quality and price point is similar to Wet n Wild. Lots of well loved products, and a few misses. You could easily google anything you have an interest in and find all kinds of reviews (mostly European, since they are a German company).

      Delete
    3. I am a fan of their Match 2 Cover cream concealer. The texture of these is creamy, well pigmented, and doesn't settle into fine lines.
      I also like their lip liners. "Cute Pink" is my current favorite.

      Delete
  7. I actually bought the Iced Strawberry Ice Cream, Cafe Ole, Peach & Cream polishes at my Ulta in WI last month. I love them more than some of my much more expensive polishes......

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am going to march over to my local Walgreens and ask very politely if we are getting Essence. If they don't know, I'm going to ask very politely for the district manager's number. And so on. I think it's time for NYC to make some noise!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree we either are always the last state to get any of the new releases or we don't get anything at all. Specially at my walgreens which is across the street from me -____-

      Delete
    2. Good news! They have a fancy display at the Walgreens nearest me. It's at 520 Atlantic Avenue in Brooklyn if you're local. I was so excited. I've got a Stay With Me lipgloss that I'm now scraping the sides of, and I'm going to take it with me next time to see if I can match the shade.

      Delete
  9. I don't have any Essence products (yet!), but I'm glad they're becoming available at local Walgreen stores. Thanks for the heads up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is very exciting. I'm going to have to hit up Wags now as these have been spotted near me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm glad to share the information and hope lots of readers will start finding these Essence products soon! I was happy to find this display, neither of the ULTAs in my area ever have a good selection of Essence polishes. There were quite a few Colour & Go polishes at Walgreens that I had never seen at ULTA before.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm going to have to check the two close to work and the two Walgreens on my way home. Arkansas hardly ever gets much in this area.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope to find these in my neighborhood soon. I love their polishes so much!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really hope that it comes to TN very soon too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh I hope hope hope that these come to Central NY!!! I will do a hunt as soon as I have some free time and if I find them I will advise! I love Essence and like everyone else the Ulta display is a disaster!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Exciting! I sure hope some of the many Wags around here start carrying Essence, as I see some polishes in there that Ulta doesn't have.

    ReplyDelete
  17. G.,
    Will you be doing an interactive map? I can't seem to find here in Indiana

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Boo! I was at Walgreens today, but did not see any Essence there. Hope mine gets it soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Google search seems to indicate they're only going to be carried at 100 Walgreens nationwide, and only in areas that don't have Ulta. :( Hoosier ladies, the Essence website is only showing products at the Indy, Noblesville and Kokomo Ulta locations. double :(

    ReplyDelete
  20. Spotted in Tampa FL, the display was bare, hopefully it will fill up later :-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. ooh, I think I spy the DL Across The Universe dupe!

    ReplyDelete
  22. *sigh* I knew I should have avoided Nouveau Cheap! Every time I come here, I want to spend money I don't have, on things I have too much of! lol I haven't been to Walgreens in, well, forever. Now I have to make a trip, and even if they don't have Essence they will have things I "must have"! I've been only going to my CVS for my meds, and they really suck for any limited edition or new products. So I save tons.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Definitely going to keep an eye out for the display at my local Walgreens!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I just checked out 2 of my local 24 hour Walgreens last night. Los Gatos did not have any Essence, but the Campbell location had the full display. Furthermore, the SA I talked to told me to call during business hours and talk to the regular beauty advisor. Apparently, she will know whether or not that Walgreens location will be getting Essence products.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig