Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Review and swatches: Sally Hansen Limited Edition Diamond Strength Nail Color in Crystal Beading

In the middle of September, I posted pics of the newest limited edition Diamond Strength Collection from Sally Hansen. It took my local drugstores quite a while to get this collection, as I just found it last week! So in case it's just popping up in your area as well, I wanted to hurry up and post some swatches of the color I purchased, Crystal Beading. This was the one color I wanted most out of this collection so I was very happy to find it before all of the polishes in the display were wiped out.

 Sally Hansen Limited Edition Diamond Strength Nail Color in Crystal Beading
(retail: around $4.50, 0.45 oz)


Keep reading to see this polish swatched over two different colors...

 This is clearly a layering polish, so I wanted to show it to you over black, and also one other color:

Wet n Wild Ebony Hates Chris
Sally Hansen Commander In Chic

First let's take a look at one coat of Crystal Beading over WnW Ebony Hates Chris (black creme):

Apologies for the sloppy application but I did all of these swatches in a hurry because I wanted to post these pics as quickly as possible:
 

 As you can see, there's a lovely duochrome effect to this polish over black--it looks blue at certain angles and then at other angles (especially in low lighting) the purple comes out:

 

 


Next, here's what one coat of Crystal Beading looks like over Sally Hansen Commander In Chic (taupe creme):



I love that the duochrome goes from blue and purple (when worn over black) to violet-pink and teal (when worn over taupe):



I love, love, love Crystal Beading and I'm happy I found it. But, it's not without its faults. The formula is nice (not too thick, not too thin, and it's very easy to work with) but it takes forEVER to dry. Seriously, I think I waited an hour for it to dry over Commander In Chic and it still wasn't fully dry (I could still press lightly with the tip of my nail and see nail marks). So be sure to use a qiuck-dry top coat to cut down on dry time with this one (I didn't use a top coat for any of these swatches).

Have you spotted/purchased any of the LE Diamond Strength shades? Thoughts?
SHARE:

20 comments

  1. I love this over Commander in Chic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I definitely want to hunt this color down. Thanks. <3

    xoxo
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw this one today and it doesn't look impressive in the bottle, so I passed on it, but I figured it was something like this. HOwever, I have stuff similar enough I don't need to run back for it. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I would've never expected that effect just from looking at the bottle! It's soooo gorgeous! I've been getting into duochromes a lot lately, and this is another that I'm going to have to add to my wishlist. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really pretty. Looks a lot like CND Sapphire Sparkle, which is also gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. G, have you ever used drying drops? Do you think they would speed up the drying time on this polish?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very interesting over CiC! I wouldn't have expected that. I ended up getting this color, Ruby Ring, Tender Teal, and All Aglow from this line and am pleased. They are all very rich and saturated IMO, and I love that the formula is on the thick side but very easy to apply.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They look so gorgeous!! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh gosh that is such a gorgeous colour!

    Jazz x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hmm this shade looks alot like one of the Sally complete manicure polishes I picked up when they were $2 on sale last week- I think it was called hidden treasure- it's a pretty pearly color with a green flash- I wore it last week :-) I also think that color was reviewed way back when your mom found them really cheap somewhere ! I have to confirm the color name when I get hOme. It's an interesting idea to layer it with a grey polish.. I love the effect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey G, this blog is so relevant! I was looking for a swatch of this today, after putting it back yesterday. It is so pretty in the bottle. I have three of this set, All Aglow and Tender Teal are AMAZING. I have not tried Ruby Ring. I bought two Tender Teals, one to give away, now I am not sure I can.
    My fingers don't want to let go of the bottle, so hard, to pry, open. Aren't they so pretty with their facets and sparkly diamante? Sigh.

    Thanks as always G!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I bought Moonlight Dance and Tender Teal. MD turned out to be a dupe to Color Club's Sparkle and Soar (MD looks more yellow in the bottle, but that goes away once it dries). I thought TT was going to be a dupe to Color Club's Sky High when I compared at home; I almost took it back. But it is actually much more teal once it dries. At almost 5 bucks a bottle, I'm going to pass on the rest. They're just not unique enough for the price.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks like it could be a DUPE for OPI Happy Anniversary! Have you tried that OPI polish????

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, and Crystal Beading looks like a dupe to Pure Ice's Oh Baby.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! I would never have expected such brilliance by looking at the bottle! I have to have it! I know I say that all the time but this time I am going to the drugstores on my lunch hour to look for it! I also want to layer it over some teals and blues and see what happens! Thanks G.!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I would never have expected such brilliance by looking at the bottle! I am going to have to have this! I would love to see over some blues! Thanks G.! Going hunting for this on lunch today!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I found them but resisted buying any, despite that they're all amazingly pretty and right up my usual polish alley. Which is good since shortly after finding them my spare funds began draining away due to some health issues (not life-threatening, but definitely annoying and work-efficiency-threatening and more of a priority than expanding my already-over-400-bottles polish stash).

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think the color is pretty, but I know I have something in my stash similar ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig