Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Review: Lip Smacker Shimmers in Cinderella Vanilla Sparkle

I saw a cute display at Rite Aid the other day for the Disney-themed Lip Smackers and when I saw the jumbo lip balms, I just couldn't resist. The Cinderella one came home with me, but I'll show you the other two flavors at the end of this post.

 Lip Smackers Shimmers in Cinderella Vanilla Sparkle
(retail: around $3.50, 0.6 oz)

My full review, after the jump...



These balms are made in the USA and they're paraben-free. As I mentioned before, these are jumbo-sized lip balms, weighing 0.6 oz (a standard Lip Smackers balm weighs 0.14 oz).
 

Right off the bat, this balm is adorable. The label has a cute, iridescent coating:


And the balm itself is a pretty shade of lavender with lots of little sparkles:



It was impossible for me to photograph the sparkle on my skin because it's very, very subtle. In fact, I think the overall effect is more of a "sheen" than a sparkle, making it perfect for younger girls. The glitter is not chunky or gritty and it's really one of those barely-there types of sparkle. In person, this balm has more shine to it than a regular Lip Smacker; it's hard to describe but it gives the lips a pretty sheen without adding any color:


Texture and consistency: I love the texture of this lip balm. It's smooth, creamy and it feels very nice on the lips. The sparkle doesn't make this balm feel gritty and I actually find it to be more hydrating than some of the other Lip Smackers I own.

Flavor and fragrance: Vanilla Sparkle smells more like vanilla frosting to my nose. It's a sweet, bakery type of vanilla and the flavor matches it perfectly. It really does takes like vanilla frosting.

Staying power and ease of use: Since this seems a bit more hydrating than other Lip Smackers I own, I was wondering if it had better staying power as well. And guess what? It does. I think it sticks around a bit longer on the lips than a regular Lip Smackers (maybe an hour or so longer for me). As for ease of use, I think that's really going to depend on whether or not you're used to using jumbo lip balms. If you are, then this one's going to feel quite natural to you. If you're not, then it might take some getting used to (especially if you have smaller lips). For me personally, it's quite easy to apply and because I love the fragrance/flavor so much, I have a tendency to slather it on a bit too much.

FINAL VERDICT: Super cute, super fun. If you like jumbo lip balms and you like bakery-type flavors and fragrances, I don't think you'll be disappointed with this one. As far as Lip Smackers go, this one seems a bit more hydrating and it also seems to last a bit longer on the lips. The lack of color and the very subtle sparkle (really it's more of a sheen than sparkle) will make it appropriate for both for younger girls and those who are young-at-heart. I love it.

As promised, here are the other two jumbo Lip Smackers that were in the display:

 Spun Sugar Shine 
(no shimmer)

Calypso Berry 
(no shimmer)

As you can see, there were also multi-packs of standard size Lip Smackers in this display as well (all Disney-themed).

Do you own any Lip Smackers Disney lip balms? I'd love to hear what you think of them!
SHARE:

12 comments

  1. Love it! My daughter (and I!) will really enjoy this. I'm a sucker for bakery vanillas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh these are so cute! The lavender color is nice too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw these at Target a few weeks ago, & I regret not picking any up. Looks like I'll be fixing that soon ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG I love these! Hopefully I can find them...do you think they will be at all Rite Aides/other places?

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute! I'll have to look for these. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I honestly can not wait to go to america next year. I'm good be so excited and buy everything LOL! Brilliant!

    Jazz x

    ReplyDelete
  7. The little mermaid one is awesome :) and I love that's they are made in USA & paraben free !!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look so cute And seriously? Vanilla frosting??? I need this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have both the princess and the Minnie and Daisy party packs. I did get the trio with Snow White, Aurora, and Cinderella (which are the vanilla sparkle, the sponge shine, and cherry kiss ones) at first and found the full princess pack which came with those three princesses along with Ariel, Repunzel, Tiana, Jasmine, and Belle. I am using Aurora and the shimmer is also suttle in that one, I feel it when I put it on and it is really hydrating. With the Minnie and Daisy one, you have a lot of different flavors such as cupcake, watermelon, grape, and a few others but minus the sparkle even though the jumbo versions of Minnie and Daisy do have the sparkle. I like the princess ones more than Minnie and Daisy because the flavors smell not too strong like the M and D pack does with a few of them and the sparkle is way too fun to resist. I suggest wearing the princess ones for masquerades and the the Minnie ones for normal use since they are plain, colorless glosses.

    So, that's my two cents! Gotta love LipSmackers! :3

    ReplyDelete
  10. I thought I was too old for lip smackers but you've all just proved I'm not ;) Now to choose which one I want! I want the Cinderella and aurora! Okay and Ariel... I used to love princesses! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG!! The jumbo lip smackers are my HG!!! I am hooked!! No other lip balms moisturize and taste/smell as good as these!! I've been wering lip smackers since the '80s. The princess ones will be mine!! Best news ever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I L O V E my Ariel one, but it actually does shimmer! Quite a lot actually. I'm not sure how calypso berry tastes, but it tastes like goodyness :)

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig