Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Thursday, September 13, 2012

Spotted: Sally Hansen Limited Edition Diamond Strength Collection

In addition to the new Revlon collections I posted about earlier today, reader Erin also spotted the new Sally Hansen Limited Edition Diamond Strength Collection at her local CVS and was nice enough to share some pics with us. Unless I've missed something, I believe we haven't seen a limited edition Diamond Strength collection since the glitters and base colors from last March. So this is pretty exciting!

image credit: Erin for Nouveau Cheap
 Sally Hansen Limited Edition Diamond Strength Collection

Is it just me, or does this look like a Spring/Summer collection? These shades don't really scream Fall/Winter to me but hey, they're super pretty nonetheless. Let's take a closer look at the eight shades in this collection:

 image credit: Erin for Nouveau Cheap 

Erin writes:
Super bright & they remind me a lot of the Color Club Take Wing collection and looked like they were mostly all a glass fleck finish.
 Good call, Erin! I agree--they definitely remind me of the Take Wing collection from Color Club.

image credit: Erin for Nouveau Cheap 
 Sparkling Rose, Crystal Beading, Blue Frosting, Moonlit Dance

I don't know about you, but I'm VERY excited to see what Crystal Beading will look like on top of a black/dark base color.

image credit: Erin for Nouveau Cheap 
Twist of Lime, Ruby Ring, Tender Teal, All Aglow

Wow, Ruby Ring, Tender Teal and All Aglow look so rich and vivid. Absolutely stunning.


Thanks so much, Erin, for the great pics and insights! Can't wait to spot this one in person.

Have you spotted the LE Diamond Strengths yet? Thoughts?
SHARE:

15 comments

  1. I love reading your updates on all of the new nail polish collections! I would definately get Twist of Lime whenever it gets to us here in Canada :) The SH diamond strength bottles are so pretty too... love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think these would have made a great holiday collection, maybe with a reference to colored lights or shiny glass tree ornaments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not think of that T-Rex. I was just rolling my eyes wondering why they put out collections that look so Summery in the Fall, but you are right. They do look like Christmas ornaments and are bound to brighten up the winter gloom :)

      Delete
    2. Ya know, I would really dig a set of those novelty lights in the shape of nail polish bottles. Someone should make those.

      Delete
  3. These really do look very similar to the Take Wing Collection from Color Club, except for the crystal beading and all aglow. I agree, too that it looks more spring-y than fall. I think the all aglow color is really pretty, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want Moonlit Dance for Halloween! These all look really pretty, and good for any season, not just fall. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm I never seem to like any of the Diamond Strength shades, better stick to Complete Salon Manicure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't feel these are for a Fall collection at all. Curious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just saw these today. I agree, they look very spring/summer. Regardless, I will buy at least some of them as soon as there's a sale.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope there's a good sale on Sally Hansen. I really like almost all the colors in the new collections.
    Moonlit Dance looks good for Halloween, and the name actually reminds me to something Autumn-ish, but maybe I've been playing too much with Moonlight Falls in The Sims 3 Supernatural lately lol.

    ReplyDelete
  9. When I opened this post, I thought the same thing! More Summer than Fall! That being said, if I find a sale, I will need to add Blue Frosting to my collection! I do love my blues and this one looks like one I may need! Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving Twist of Lime, but none of these seem like fall or winter colors to me. I'm sure I'll still pick up a few even if I wait to use them until Summmer, I just can't help myself when it comes to nail polish!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Some of these really remind me of the discontinued HD line.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I saw them at my store today. I am in love with every single one of them! I really hope they go on sale and I can snag all eight of them.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I found them at Rite Aid. The images do not do them justice (no offense). They are brilliant. I have never seen a nail enamel sparkle as these. I want them!!! And of course, Rite Aid is not having a Sally Hansen deal this week or next.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig