Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Sunday, September 2, 2012

Spotted: New Maybelline Color Sensational High Shine Lip Gloss Collection (plus a reader review)

I've been ridiculously excited for the new Maybelline Color Sensational High Shine Lip Glosses to hit store shelves, and the time is finally here, my lovelies! Reader Abi spotted the permanent display (these are not limited edition) at her local Target and was nice enough to share some pics, including a mini-review of the three shades she purchased.

(click to enlarge)

image credit: Abi for Nouveau Cheap
 Maybelline Color Sensational High Shine Gloss Collection
(retail: $5.49 each at Target)

This collection includes twelve shades:

010 Almond Crush
020 Glisten Up Pink
030 One Day Shine
040 Captivating Coral
050 Luminous Latte
060 Iced Chocolate
070 Mocha-mazing
080 Gleaming Grenadine
090 Electric Shock
100 Raspberry Reflections
110 Mirrored Mauve
120 Plum Luster

Here are the three shades that Abi purchased:

image credit: Abi for Nouveau Cheap 
 100 Raspberry Reflections
110 Mirrored Mauve
090 Electric Shock

 image credit: Abi for Nouveau Cheap 

image credit: Abi for Nouveau Cheap 

 Abi writes:
Smooth, slightly sweet gloss w doe foot applicator. The mauve is a very nice MLBB. Raspberry is very wearable sheer gloss. Electric shock is sheer but packs a punch that doesn't really work with my coloring but might be fun for fairer skinned folks. Most are cremes with a few scarce sparkles in the tube that don't translate when swatched. I suspect the bright orange will be the best seller, but mauve and raspberry are my picks...
Consider me sold. I love that they look like cremes with just a hint of sparkle. Mirrored Mauve, you will be mine.

Thanks so much, Abi, for the fantastic sighting, pics and mini-review. So incredibly helpful!

NC Readers: have you spotted this display at your Target (or anywhere else for that matter)? Thoughts?
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. 010 and 020 look like my kinda thing!

    Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mirrored Mauve is definitely my color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha ha ha, I love that she couldn't even wait to tear them open in the car! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that Abi opened them in the car. That's exactly what I do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm maybe I should check these out! I tend to use a lot of Maybelline especially in the lip department. Maybe I should get one of the pinks or that plum one as a try.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bought Mirrored Mauve at Target today. It's a fabulous MLBB shade! Such a nice, creamy gloss. Really love it! Thanks so much for posting about this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look great! Glad they come off as a creme finish. I hate glitter and don't even really love shimmer that much. Also excited there are some bold colors in the collection. Can't wait to try them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I got 90 Electric Shock this weekend and tried it the same day. It's a not-quite-neon somewhere between Barbie and Pepto pink. It reminds me of the 'perfect summer pink' that seems to crop up every few years. I don't care if it's September, I'll get lots of wear out of it this Fall. It's a nice "vinyl" gloss finish. The texture was not too slick, but not sticky, either. I found it pleasantly opaque, not too sheer for me (I'm fair but I have reddish lips, so sheer pinks disappear on me). It reminds me of lip tars more than standard gloss. And the bonus (for me) was that after a few hours (no eating or drinking, I was just working at my PC) I didn't really notice it had worn off, but when I went to check it and reapply, it had left a nice, even stain; the color was still true though the gloss was pretty much gone but my lips weren't dried. It didn't seem to bleed, either. I got it at Walgreens for $6.49 and I can't wait to go back and see if I can find my holy grail - a (near) opaque high gloss true red that'll wear like Electric Shock. I don't know if I've ever been THIS happy with a lip gloss! (I intend to try them over lipsticks/pencils as well, for more staying power.)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have fallen in love with these new glosses from maybelline! I recently purchased two Mirrored Mauve which is such a nice nude color & Plum Luster which is my favorite since i'm obsessed with plum colors at the moment. I bought these babies at my local target on sale! for $5.29 this week till Sunday, 10/27/12 but even without it being on sale it is still very affordable & not over priced. I would really like to get my hands on Gleaming Grenadine & Raspberry Reflections next time because i feel these glosses are worth every penny. I'm a happy camper (:


    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so sad. These have great texture, pigmentation, colors, price, and the moisture lasts hours. However, they taste bitter/nasty fake fruity. The fruity smell, it's tolerable- but even though the taste faded I can't deal with it.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig