Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Thursday, July 12, 2012

Big Lots sightings!

Whenever I post Big Lots sightings, I do it so that you can get an idea of what might be at YOUR local Big Lots. Unfortunately, no two Big Lots are ever quite the same, so please understand that you may not be able to find these products at your locations (but it's always worth a shot to look, right?).

I've got lots to share from readers who have spotted some pretty great things at their Big Lots locations lately, so let's get right to it:


image credit: Roz for Nouveau Cheap

Reader Roz spotted CoverGirl LashBlast Volume and Fusion mascaras for $1.50 each at her local Big Lots! (PS: I've heard from three other readers within the last week who have spotted these are their locations too, so hopefully you can find them at yours!)

Reader Pam spotted some e.l.f. and Kenneth Cole items at her location:

image credit: Pam for Nouveau Cheap
e.l.f. Lash & Brow Comb $2.50
e.l.f. Powder Brush $2.50

Both Pam and I have never even seen these e.l.f. brushes before, have you? They're from the "natural" line and the fine print says:

Cruelty Free
Taklon Bristle Hair
Recycled and Earth Friendly Materials
Natural Bamboo Handles

Very EcoTools-esque, right? Pam also spotted three different e.l.f. lash curlers:

image credit: Pam for Nouveau Cheap
e.l.f. Mechanical Eyelash Curler $1
e.l.f. Studio Mini Eyelash Curler $2.50
e.l.f. Studio Eyelash Curler $2.50

Pam also spotted lots of Kenneth Cole Reaction Makeup Bags:

 image credit: Pam for Nouveau Cheap 

Assorted Kenneth Cole Reaction Makeup Bags $7 each

 image credit: Pam for Nouveau Cheap 

 image credit: Pam for Nouveau Cheap 

Here are some additional reader sightings originally left on the You Tell Me page. All of the following items have been spotted at Big Lots July 7th or later:

Reader aly7 writes:

I got a duo of Burts Bees lip balms ( a lip shimmer and tinted balm) for only $6, a Revlon Molten Metal baked shadow duo for $2, Sally Hansen Salon Effects in Redy for Trouble for $3, and a Covergirl Outlast lip stain for only $2. They also had elf beauty books, Love and Beauty tweezers, some celebrity perfumes, a whole fishbowl of Covergirl Lipstains, Maybelline lipsticks, and Neutrogena lip sticks...

Reader Anne writes: 

At Big Lots in MD I spotted 6.7 oz size Femme De Montblance shower gel and body lotion for $3.95 each. I picked up the lotion and the scent is an elegant, spicy floral. Quite tenacious too. The perfume seems most popular in Europe where the lotion retails for around $40. Also picked up Sexy Hair Organics Moisturizing Treatment for hair for $5. Regular retail is around $35.

Reader Florence writes:

was at my local Big Lots! this weekend and spotted Calvin Klein eyeshadows in the cosmetics section.


Reader Kathy writes:

Big Lots in Arcadia, CA
$1.50 covergirl lash blast volume. Purple cap and orange tube
$5 calvin klein eyeshadow and some face products ($ unknown)
Sally Hansen Salon Effects in a golden yellow color

So it looks like the Calvin Klein cosmetics are still going strong! You might recall the frenzy when both Philosophy and CK color cosmetics were first being spotted at Big Lots back in May and as far as I know, the Philosophy cosmetics have been wiped out. So it's great to know readers are still spotting CK goodies!

Thanks SO much to readers Roz, Pam, aly7, Anne, Florence and Kathy for the fantastic pics and info. It helps SO much to know what's out there, and I really appreciate you all taking the time to share this information will all of us.

There's a chance YOU might find some fantastic deals on makeup, brushes, bags, body products and more at your local Big Lots, so get out there and see what you can find!
SHARE:

23 comments

  1. There's a 20% off printable coupon good for one day only at Big Lots - this Sunday, July 15th.
    http://www.biglots.com/coupon/coupon-20120715-BuzzClub?printFriendly=true

    I think you have to be a Buzz Club member to use it, but it's easy to sign up. Just go here https://www.biglots.com/rewards and fill out the information, that way your card will be ready for you to pick up when you get to the store.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks SO much, Annette!! I didn't know they had a new Buzz Club coupon up. Whoo hoo! :)

      Delete
    2. I just got mine in an email! On Saturday of this weekend after 5pm, you use your Buzz Club card for 20%, and Sunday all day you can use the 20% off coupon. Fortunately, the fiance is prepared to tag along for a run to a couple of different stores because he's gotta have his gatorade and dried mangoes. I hope I find some of those elf brushes; I could really use some new ones.

      Delete
  2. I live in Central Fl, and also I work a Big lots,and Yes we have a lot of that Covergirl Mascara, is not waterproof but a $1.50 maybe worth the shot and also we have a lot of ELF products, palettes, mineral shadows, brushes, nail polishes etc , and we got a few max factor foundations too, usually we get new stuff every wednesday!!! keep checking your local store because this stuff sells fast!!! good luck chicas :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for all the great info!! soo helpful!!! :)

      And Max Factor??? That is very exciting!

      Delete
    2. Hi, I live in central fl too. Can you tell me which location you are talking about? Thanks!

      Delete
    3. Thank you for that tip about new stuff coming in on Wednesdays. Is it out by Thursday?

      Delete
  3. I went a week ago and a saw a bunch of Maybelline's old dream mousse blushes for $2.50-$3.00.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay I was reading this and got so excited when I saw my name, haha :) I really need to get down to Big Lots {AGAIN!} to check for those CG mascaras!

    Thanks G!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the elf powder brush and it is very flimsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just about flipped out when I saw the Lash Blast mascaras for $1.50!! Seriously? It's my favorite mascara. LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Guess I'm going to Big Lots this weekend! Lashblast Fusion is one of my favorites. I had a hard time finding the $1 ELF lash curler the last time I went to replace it. It took me a few weeks to find a store with one in stock. It worries me a little to see it show up at Big Lots. Hopefully it's just overstock. That's my HG eyelash curler.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay, dumb question but can you use coupons at Big Lots? Manufacturer Coupons? For some reason I was thinking, I had heard that you couldn't use them there, but that would be AWESOME.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope Big Lots doesnt accept MF Qpons, but you can apply for a reward card, it's free, sometimes you can get 20% off or even 30% during special shopping events, where I work we have a special event coming and we are giving to all costumers a 20% coupon and I think there's no minimum purchase, but check your local store for more info :)






      5

      Delete
  9. I'm going to Big Lots to hunt for Calvin Klein eyeshadows. Those are so hard to find.

    ReplyDelete
  10. If I spot those COVERGIRL mascaras at my Big Lots, I swear I'm going to buy out the whole store! But seriously, who could pass up $1.50 for a great mascara? Thanks as always for the head up G, always looking forward to a new post from you :)

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  11. I still have the pics if you are interested, G! I could only find the eyeshadow "Artic", which is white, for $5.50. But a sign of good things to come??
    Also, should have mentioned that my local Big Lots is on Long Island, NY.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I got two of those ELF brushes from my local Big Lots...a Flat Eyeliner Brush and a Contour Brush (all they had) and an ELF eyelash culer...No mascaras unfortunately, was really looking to find those :- (

    ReplyDelete
  13. Does anyone know if they have the waterproof lash blast?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Went to my Big Lots today. I was disappointed to see no mascaras, but I came back to the makeup area a few minutes later and a worker was shelving some new inventory. I took a look at the boxes and saw the word Lashblast! The worker took out 2 for me (I wanted more but didn't push it since she had to stop what she was doing already for me), but they were the lashblast luxe mascaras. I wanted the original lashblast but maybe I'll like this one better! $3 for 2 mascaras, can't complain at that.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm in need of some retail therapy today. Seriously. So I'm happy that my BL is so close. And that's just one of them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Got my LastBlast mascara at Big Lots for $1.25 with the 20% off today! I went to buy just one this time, but I'll be back! Thank you so much for the heads up, I was so excited :)!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig