Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Sunday, April 22, 2012

Nouveau Cheap readers have spoken: the results of Drugstore vs. Department store poll are in!

After 1,604 votes, the results of the latest Reader Poll are now in! Here's the breakdown of what products you prefer to purchase at the drugstore (vs. department stores, etc.):


First place:
Mascara
(1,084 votes)

Second place:
Nail Color 
(954 votes)

Third place:
Lip Color
(668 votes)

Honorable Mentions: Eyeliner (503 votes), Eyeshadow (439 votes) and Blush (365 votes)

I'm actually not surprised at all by the first place winner! I also wasn't surprised to see that eye primer earned the lowest amount of votes, coming in at just 139. I know there are lots of UDPP and TFSI fans out there!

Were you surprised by the results of this poll?

This month's poll (see right-hand sidebar):

This month I'd like to get your feedback as to the brands I cover on Nouveau Cheap.

Although I do try to bring you reviews on brands that aren't sold at all retailers in the US (Jesse's Girl, Hard Candy, etc.), I think it's safe to say that the majority of the cosmetics reviews I post on this blog are for products that are relatively easy to find at many retailers in the US (and often Canada). But for this month's poll, I'd like to get your feedback on what lesser-known or harder-to-find brands you'd like to see more of on Nouveau Cheap. And if I didn't list a brand that you'd like to vote for, you'll have a chance to voice your opinion in my next Reader Poll post in May. Thanks so much for taking the time to vote--I REALLY appreciate it!
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. I'm kind of sad that NYX and elf are leading the poll so far, because you can find so many reviews for those on other blogs (especially NYX). But I'm sure it'll be fun to see the reviews no matter what gets chosen. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, don't worry about that! I'll definitely review more products from the brands that gain the most votes, but I also plan to review products from other brands on that list. :)

      Delete
  2. Not surprised that mascara won first place! Drugstore mascaras are really giving department stores a run for their money.

    I'd actually like to see you review Black Radiance products as they're from the same company as WnW. I would love to see the similarities and differences. (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You mean in addition to the Black Radiance products I've already reviewed on this blog? If you missed those, you can pull up the Black Radiance label in the categories section on the right-hand sidebar (and be sure to click "older posts" when you get to the end of the first page, for more reviews). I almost feel like I say it TOO much that the BR face primer is my holy grail primer! lol! :)

      Delete
  3. I really appreciate the focus on easily obtainable items. I live in a smaller city, we have no ulta or sephora closer than a two hour drive... it's really frustrating sometimes. I know I can order online, but I haven't had the best luck with that, especially color selection. Too often the online swatches are not even close to the actual color. I really prefer to be able to see something before I buy it, at least the first time.

    Oh, and I second the request for Black Radiance. They have a ton of products and it's really hard to get good reviews/swatches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the feedback, and I'm glad you've been happy with the selection this far! :)

    PS: Like I mentioned to Hanidee above, I've reviewed many Black Radiance products in the past--you can check them out in the categories section on the right-hand sidebar. But I'll definitely review more in the future--I LOVE Black Radiance! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The one that surprises me is bronzer--I expected that to be a drugstore fav. But maybe there are a lot of other people like me, who just don't buy bronzer?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you're right about bronzer being less of a necessity to some people but I find that it's difficult to find matte bronzers at the drugstore. Even thinking now I know NYC Sunny and Rimmel has a matte bronzer too. I'm sure there are others but I can't think of any.

      Delete
  6. I'd like more reviews of inexpensive, lesser known products that I find in those little independently owned beauty supply stores. Some of them are available on Cherry Culture as well. I can't wait for May, so here are some brands I've already thought of...

    Amuse, LA Colors, LA Girl, Nabi, Princessa, Santee, Wild and Crazy, Starry, J2, etc. They aren't that hard to find if you are willing to explore your own city, and look for the storefronts that many of us have probably been overlooking. BTW, I'm happy to see Kleancolor on your list for this month. I found a random little store just last week that had colors that weren't in my stash yet, and for only $1! Joy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Unknown! I find myself easily overwhelmed by the bronzer choices out there. It's a product that seems "trickier" than eyeshadow or lip color.

    G, did you get my email requesting a bronzer comparison post? I know it would be a time consuming undertaking, so I completely understand if you aren't interested in tackling it. Since I wrote to you, I took the plunge and bought a couple of those PP Shimmer Strips custom bronzer/blush/eyeshadow combos. I've only worn them twice, but so far, so good.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig