Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Monday, March 12, 2012

My Rite Aid clearance haul

So I went to a local Rite Aid over the weekend and scored big time, which means I naturally have to share my haul with you (how can I keep a score like this to myself??).

NOTE: several of you have been nice enough to report that you're finding many older LE collections on clearance at Rite Aid right now. So when you go to Rite Aid, check the clearance bins and end caps for 50-75% off limited edition products from previous seasons. Rite Aid's making room for the new spring and summer collections so the older stuff needs to go!

So what did I find in the clearance bins at my Rite Aid? Check it out:


Let's start with the Maybelline polish. Blue Brilliance was part of the Maybelline Limited Edition Spring 2011 Fashion Week collection, which you can see here. All of the polishes in that collection were sheer pastels and you can see swatches of Blue Brilliance (blue and lilac duochrome) and all of the rest of shades over on Mary's blog. I wanted this polish so badly when it first came out, but I decided to be patient and wait for it to go on clearance. Who knew it would take me a full YEAR to get it? But the good news is that it was $4.17 and 50% off, PLUS I used a $1 off tear-pad coupon that was on the Fashion Week 2012 display, which brought my total down to about $1.

These Demeter fragrances were also part of a spring/summer display from last year, and I could NOT believe they were marked to 75% off. I LOVE the Magnolia fragrance and have been wanting it for years. And how could I pass up a back-up bottle of Pure Soap for just $2.50??

The full retail price total for this haul is $24.15.

My final price after discounts and coupon? A whopping SIX DOLLARS.

Scoooooooore!!!!!

Have you spotted any crazy clearance deals at the drugstores lately? If so, please share with us in the comments!
SHARE:

15 comments

  1. i got the revolon photoready concealer in fair for $2.35 at target :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice haul!! I love a good sale ;0). Target had a lot of body sprays and lotions on clearance recently.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great score! I was poking around Rite Aid last week going through the clearance bins but everything was just SO GRIMEY that I couldn't bring myself to spend good money on nasty looking bottles. LOL!! Does anyone come across this and how do you overlook grime or not?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to agree on those Rite Aid clearance bins.. they are like something from the dark ages lol. My local stores are pretty much picked over, in fact most of them have already reset their displays.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bought 2 eyeshadow duos, a lipstick pencil 2 eyeshadow pencils, 3 pairs of eyelashes and a baked eye shadow from Black Radiance at Riteaid today for 75% off! I only spent $7.93! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got a revlon lip butter for $4! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Last week I went to Kmart and there was a HUGE sale! The clearance buckets had TONS of the sally hansen color quick pens on sale for...wait for it...80 CENTS! A lot of the Sally Hansen solid color salon effects were also on sale for 80 cents! As if this wasn't enough, some bottles of nail polish from the Sally Hansen complete salon manicure line and insta-dry were on sale for 80 cents too! I went crazy :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. My local Rite Aid (in San Diego) had the Sally Hansen Inspired by Carmindy makeup for 75% off.. I snagged 3 lip glosses and 2 creme blushes. $50 of makeup for $12. Yahoooo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Was poking around CVS the other day and seen a lonely Milani Minerals blush in Mai Tai on the shelf...I was curious on the price so I just took it with me when I checked out...$1.75!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. *sigh* this is one of the reasons I truly miss the U.S. I have never ever seen a deal like this in Canada. My mother thinks I am crazy when I go "home" to N.Y. and spend hours in CVS, Walgreens, Rite Aid, Walmart looking through the cosmetics, going over the Sunday ads with a fine tooth comb! Great Haul....

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been having no luck lately! When I first found Nouveau Cheap, it seemed like every week I was commenting about finding some bargain here or there. Now, it's a bargain desert here...nuthin'! The clearance bins at my drugstores have run dry. So sad.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I got 2 Rimmel polishes for less than free. They were 75% off marked down to .99, and I had two $1.00 off coupons, so they paid me .02 to take their polishes!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have a question about the "Rite Aid" clearance bin. I went to Rite Aid yesterday and got several nail polishes with the 75% off clearance sale....which was awesome. However, I had some trouble locating the "clearance bin" I have seen mentioned several times. There were about 5 small, clear bins near the back of the makeup area that had mismatched, one off makeup items, but these did not have "clearance" marked on them anywhere. When I asked up at the front, they told me "oh, that's just where we keep items we don't have a place on the shelf for anymore or discontinued items". I asked doesn't this mean they are clearance items and she told me they were full price. I didn't have her scan one, but should have! Any thoughts on this? Was she right or should I have had her scan one?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Meg, each store is different, and this goes for CVS and Walgreens too. Some have regular clearance bins or shelves, others have nothing and just tag the clearance items in the makeup section or whatever section the product is in. I know where the clearance section is in my nearby stores...I also know which stores have no clearance section at all. One is like yours, they have a couple of small boxes/tubs of random stuff, but it isn't clearanced usually. It's just left over from one collection or another.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig