Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Monday, December 19, 2011

Review: Bath & Body Works Holiday 2011 Limited Edition Liplicious Lip Glosses

With the Bath & Body Works event that's happening today, I thought it would be the perfect time to post my review of some of the Holiday 2011 Limited Edition Liplicious Lip Glosses that I recently received for review. If you're looking to pick up some fun last-minute holiday-themed gifts, hopefully this review can give you a few ideas.

 Liplicious All I Want Lip Glosses in Gingerbread Giggle and Snickerdoodle Squeeze
(retail: $8 each, 0.47 oz)

These retail for $8 but they're currently B2G1FREE. They come in six yummy flavors, which you can view here.




Much like the C.O. Bigelow Mentha glosses, these Liplicious glosses are BIG on flavor and fragrance. Gingerbread Giggle is sweet and very ginger-y, just like you'd expect it to be. Snickerdoodle Squeeze smells and tastes so much like the real cookie it's pretty incredible. I get a nice hit of cinnamon in this one, but I can also detect vanilla, butter and of course sugar. Unlike the C.O. Bigelow Mentha glosses, there is no minty undertone to these glosses. They're pure, sweet baked goods.

As the BBW website indicates, Liplicious Lip Glosses "glide on for sheer coverage and high shine." So don't expect a lot of pigment with these. In fact, the base is clear and the color comes solely from the glitter:




FINAL VERDICT: I find these glosses to impart a pretty, festive look to the lips, which would make them nice to wear either alone or over your favorite lip color. The consistency feels a little bit thicker and a TINY bit stickier than the C.O. Bigelow Mentha glosses, but not by much. I'm willing to bet that if you love the Mentha glosses, you'll love these too. The glitter is abundant but it doesn't feel gritty when you rub your lips together, and I don't find that the glitter sticks to my lips too much after the gloss fades. If you love dessert-themed glosses that are big on sparkle, flavor and fragrance, then you might want to check these out at your local BBW before they go away.

Have you picked up any seasonal products from Bath & Body Works lately? If so, what have you purchased? Any favorites?

A sample of this product was given to Nouveau Cheap for editorial purposes, either directly from the manufacturer or from the agency that works on behalf of the manufacturer. All reviews on NouveauCheap.blogspot.com are the honest opinion of its author and editorial samples do not, in any way, affect the outcome of product reviews.
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. They look like nice flavors, but man are those names ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm, these sound delicious! I love a good shimmery gloss for layering, but I find that really sugary scents in glosses sometimes bother me if it's that weird synthetic scent. I am imagining these smelling like fresh baked cookies, though, and that is definitely appealing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love BBW lip licious tubes! I've been collecting them for years and they last forever! :) I didn't get to pick up any of these seasonal ones though, kinda bummed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the snickerdoodle flavor, and it's delicious. I only live 10 minutes away from BBW, so I get a lot of flavors there. What's your favorite gloss from BBW?

    Allie

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig