Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Monday, December 19, 2011

Beauty news, sightings, sale info and more!

I've got a few beauty-related tidbits that I've accumulated over the past week that I want to share with you, so let's get started:
  • Have you heard about this Sally Hansen Hidden Treasure re-release??? Well don't get TOO excited...I mean, it is technically "Hidden Treasure" but...well...just click on over to the lovely PolarBelle's post here for all the sad details.
  • Thanks to my pal Jeweled Thumb for this one: the CVS sale on Revlon Grow Luscious mascara and select lip colors this week applies to the LIP BUTTERS! If you didn't see my weekly drugstore sales post, the sales on Revlon (non-clearance items) are as follows:
  • Revlon Grow Luscious Mascara, Super Lustrous, Moon Drops, ColorBurst or ColorStay Ultimate Lip color $6.99 each with $4 Extra Bucks (limit 6)
  • Revlon nail color $4.99 each with $3 Extra Bucks (limit 6)
So you can get a Revlon Lip Butter for $6.99 and receive $4 back in Extra Bucks, making your final price just $2.99 (and the limit is 6). Whoo hoo! To see swatches of the shades I have reviewed, click here and here.
  • Don't forget that the CVS sale on Physicians Formula has been extended to THIS WEEK (it ran last week as well). If you've been wanting to pick up the Nude Palette or anything else that's not on clearance, you'll get $5 Extra Bucks when you spend $10 on PF this week.
  • I have received over a dozen reports that the Revlon nail polish display that contains the shade Whimsical (the Deborah Lippmann Glitter In The Air dupe) is NOW AT KMART. If you don't live near a Bed Bath and Beyond with an extended cosmetics department (the only other place where Whimsical has been spotted) check your local Kmart, folks! Look for the display that I featured in my Whimsical post here (the second display).  And a huge thanks to everyone who took the time to let us know about that!
  • I have also received many reports from readers that the Wet n Wild Limited Edition Ice Baby nail polish collection is now being spotted at CVS! This was (previously) a Walgreens-exclusive collection, but since several of you have spotted it at CVS recently, it's apparently not exclusive to Walgreens any longer. If you could never find it at your local Wags, check your local CVS!
  • And finally, I stopped by my local Dollar Tree the other day and spotted three things I want to tell you about:
  •  They had tons of the Sally Hansen Color Quick metallic nail polish pens for, of course, $1 each. I bought of few of these at Big Lots recently for $1.50 and I'm bummed I paid a little extra for them since the exact same shades were at my Dollar Tree. Many of you use these for nail stamping, and I just used the green metallic one with my Salon Express Nail Stamping kit and it worked great! Just remember that you need to press the button on the end of the pen SEVERAL times before the polish shoots through the brush. I had a few of you say that you thought yours were dried out when you bought them, so just keep clicking (I literally had to click mine over 50 times) and I bet you the polish will peek through eventually.
  •  I also spotted some 2-packs of very old (non-big-three-free) Max Factor Diamond Hard nail polishes at my Dollar Tree the other day. I actually bought some (which I'll show you soon) but I wanted to let my fellow nail fanatics know about this since I haven't seen Max Factor polishes at my Dollar Tree in quite a while. I picked up Momentum Moss (which Steph swatched here back in 2009) but my bottle looks much darker and greener than hers. I'll swatch it soon if you're interested. There were also some sheer duochrome-y layering types shades available, and a few other "traditional" shades like reds and berries.
  • Remember Bumpits? When they first came out, I was kind of obsessed with trying them, but I never wanted to pay the $19.99 or whatever they were charging at the time. Well you can now get them at Target for $9.99, but they're also at both Dollar Tree and Big Lots for A DOLLAR right now! And I'm not talking about a knock-off version called "Crumpits" or something (haha), I'm talking the real deal: Bumpits. I spotted them at my local Dollar Tree and Big Lots recently and I can confirm they're $1 each at both locations. I FINALLY bought one and would be happy to review it if you'd like. I don't really like "big hair" but sometimes when I wear my hair in a ponytail I like a little extra volume on top so that's specifically why I bought them. 
That's it for now, but please check back for an update on the CVS Beauty Clearance master list soon!
SHARE:

15 comments

  1. I love posts like this! Posting a bunch of random deals and tips at once, it makes it so easy to get all of the up-to-date drug store info/sightings! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes please review the bumpits I am dying to try them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you live in Texas and have access to a HEB grocery store, they have 3.00 off Revlon face and lip products and 2.00 off nail and eyes.

    I missed out on the hidden treasures polish, but love the essie Shine of the Times. Not an exact dupe, but pretty darn close.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi G - that's too wierd abt the SH HT thing. There IS a dupe of HT in drugstores though - it's Essie Shine of the Times. LE of course, grr; the display is Essie Luxe Effects. There are several cool ones, all meant as topcoats for other np. The displays are @ CVS, Wags.....sorry if this has already been posted, these have been out for a few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had no idea Dollar Tree sold Hally Hansen. Excellent notice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Krissy: Awww, I'm so glad you like these types of posts. Thank you!

    SassyGirl: You got it! I'll post a review soon. :)

    JoElla: Great tip! I wish I lived near an HEB--they seem to get all the new things so quickly. :)

    rosarita: Thanks! Yes, I posted about the Essie dupe here. :)

    Girlie Blogger: I hope you can find them at your location! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chloe Jacqueline: I know, right?? Such a great deal! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That "hidden treasure" looks like a franken I made last year.I used: hidden treasure, pure ice busted and some silver holo pigment from sally's. I put some pics and swatches on flicker at ---
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/72424053@n05/ttp:

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Revlon Polish on sale also includes the new ColorStay ones with the new bottle shape! I just got Rain Forest - the only interesting color to me! Normally these are like $8.79!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sorry about the messed up link, the pics can be found on flickr by searching under : people and typing in - polish chick. Sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i picked up the SH Chrome pens @ Big Lots in Turquoise, Purple, and Silver, since those were the only colors they had. I'm glad Dollar Tree has them because i was able to get red, fuchsia, and gold there. they had all of the other colors as well.

    hearing about these old polishes coming back to Dollar Tree gives me hope that SH Nail Prisms will show up again one day (since i missed them the first time around).

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you! I went to three CVS's, all within 1.5 miles of each other, and I can only find one lip butter that wasn't used or swatched! So annoying but I'm hoping they restock this week. Do you think they'll restock the Lip Butters?

    ReplyDelete
  13. there are a ton of dollar trees in my town..i went to one the other day i'd never been to and it was huge. within 2 minutes i had 20 makeup items in my hand..i saw sally hansen nail polishes as well as an almay mascara (one coat dial up). i was pleasantly surprised :) i'll have to start going to other ones to find the other things you mentioned..

    ReplyDelete
  14. liteenie, the lip butters will be part of Revlon's permanent collection, I believe in January, so you should be able to find them everywhere soon. My Target already has them in the regular Revlon display, so you might want to check there if you are having a hard time finding them in the drug stores.

    Well shoot, G, I just said that I found the SH pens at my Dollar Tree in the You Tell Me section. Sorry I didn't read this first!

    I was so excited to see SH Hidden Treasure come back, and even when I saw it was different, I thought well maybe it's something just as fabulous. Like wouldn't it be so wonderful if it was a holographic top coat that turns any polish holo? Then I see it turns any polish into an ugly frost. I can't believe they could be so cruel and evil over at Sally Hansen to do this to us!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig