Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Monday, November 28, 2011

Jordana at Walgreens Part 8: Squeeze n' Shine Super Shiny Tasty Lip Glosses

Continuing my series on the Jordana products you can now find at Walgreens, I rushed to get this up in time for the Cyber Monday sale which ends at 5PM tomorrow (11/29). I know that I personally love to see lots of swatches before I buy something online, so I hope this helps those of you who are contemplating picking up any of these glosses!

Jordana Squeeze n' Shine Super Shiny Tasty Lip Glosses
(retail: $1.99 each, 0.5 oz)

There are twelve shades in the range and I received four for review. You can view all of the shades here.

Note: I believe that Strawberry Icing is in the old style packaging.


My camera didn't act up quite as badly as it did with my other gloss post earlier today, but I do want to point out that Be Coralful is actually more of a true coral (as opposed to the tangerine orange you see in the above photos).

Ever since the days when Lancome first released their Juicy Tubes (in the mid 90s, I believe?), I have been in love with squeeze-tube glosses. I love the slant tip applicators and how easy they are to apply when you're on the go. Squeeze tubes aren't generally known for being big on color (I know there are exceptions of course), but one of these little glosses REALLY surprised me. Check out these swatches:


WHOA! Sugar Lips is so sparkly I would almost classify it as a metallic! 


Starting from the top:

Berry Cute: a sheer berry with no shimmer or sparkle. It reminds me of an old Juicy Tube I used to love years ago. On the lips, the tint is pretty and natural-looking. It makes me look like I just ate a bowl of strawberries.

Be Coralful: HELLO pretty glitter! It's kind of hard to tell in my pics, but this sheer coral gloss has such a neat surprise: violet blue and orange glitter! In my pics the glitter looks multi-colored, but in person the dominant glitter particles are DEFINITELY violet blue and orange. Such a neat and unusual twist for a sheer coral gloss.

Strawberry Icing: a sheer, milky, dusty rose that does not contain any sparkle or shimmer.

Sugar Lips: like I said earlier, I might go so far as to call this a metallic. This pink gloss is jam-packed with sparkle and I totally did NOT expect it to be so intense. Even though the sparkle is in a clear/lightly-tinted base, the sparkle is so dense that it doesn't feel like a clear base, if that makes sense.

Here's a better shot of the orange and violet blue glitter in Be Coralful:


Texture: The texture of these glosses is quite nice with just a touch of stickiness. I don't find them too heavy or too thin, but if you over-apply it can get a bit goopy (easy to do with squeeze-tubes).

Shine: I love the shine to these glosses. They might have the most shine of any Jordana glosses I've used to date.

Pigmentation: For sheer glosses, I think these have nice pigmentation. All four shades are definitely  visible on my lips.

Fragrance and Flavor: To me, these all have a bubblegum-inspired fragrance and flavor. I do notice a subtle different between the shades though: Be Coralful tastes like orange bubblegum, Strawberry Icing tastes like strawberry bubblegum and so forth.

Staying Power: I think these fall right in line with other squeeze-tube glosses I own. I can get about 2 hours of wear from each.

FINAL VERDICT: If you're a squeeze-tube gloss gal, I think you might be very pleasantly surprised by these glosses. For $1.99, there are some unexpected shades and finishes here, and I still can't believe how sparkly Sugar Lips is in particular. Be Coralful has that lovely violet blue and orange glitter, but I do want to mention that the glitter pieces leave a bit of a gritty feeling on the lips as the gloss fades. The glitter particles in Be Coralful are larger than other glitter glosses I've owned, so I just want you to be aware of that if you're not used to wearing glosses with lots of glitter. My favorite shade is Berry Cute, but then again I'm always drawn to shades that provide a natural-looking flush to the lips. If you're not into the natural look, definitely consider getting Sugar Lips. I think you might love it.
 
You can find these glosses at Walgreens and you can also purchase them online here.

A sample of this product was given to Nouveau Cheap for editorial purposes, either directly from the manufacturer or from the agency that works on behalf of the manufacturer. All reviews on NouveauCheap.blogspot.com are the honest opinion of its author and editorial samples do not, in any way, affect the outcome of product reviews.
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. would LOVE to see a pic of the metallic one on your lips please? Just so I know how it actually looks applied:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Though I need it like a whole on the head I am going to buy Sugar Lips next time I am at Walgreens

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that sure is sparkly! How do these look on your lips? Great review!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh, these are soooo pretty. And gotta love how cheap they are. You sold me on the bubblegum flavors. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I went out and got sugar lips today and it is a definite dupe for a MAC Dazzleglass with pink sparkle. I put it over a dark burgundy lipstick and it shimmered holiday lips!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have Be Coralful but I haven't used it since like 2 years because it "exploded"(I'm not so sure why) and it always "exploded" just like a pen :c. It was BEAUTIFUL but I don't know...anyways I will try to purchase more :)

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig