Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Tuesday, November 8, 2011

BREAKING: Jordana brings back two discontinued products due to popular demand!

I really wish that more cosmetics would listen to their loyal fans and bring back products that we (the customers) love and miss so much. I realize that it might be impossible to do this all of the time, but when there's serious demand for a discontinued product, it makes me REALLY love and appreciate a brand that will listen to their fans and bring that product back. (Case in point, Dana Classics recently brought back two long-ago discontinued fan favorites).

So when my contact at Jordana notified me today that Jordana is bringing back two discontinued fan favorites, it made me grin from ear to ear (especially since one of them happens to be a HUGE favorite of mine):


That's right, Jordana fans! COTTON CANDY LIP GLOSS (retail: $1.49) and COLOR X-TEND EYELINER IN BLACK (retail: $2.99) ARE BACK!

I can't speak to the Cotton Candy Lip Gloss because I never owned it back in the day, but I can assume that this is a shade that is much-loved and I'm sure its reappearance will make many fans happy.

I CAN speak to the fact that I was a HUGE Color X-tend Eyeliner fan back in the early 2000s (in fact, I still have one or two--unopened--that I've been coveting for YEARS now). If you never tried Color X-tend eyeliners back in the day, the best way I can describe them is that they are probably the original Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliner dupe (in fact, I believe these might have released prior to Urban Decay 24/7 liners, but I can't confirm that). They are gel liners in pencil form, and they are some of the most pigmented, smooth and long-wearing liners I have ever owned. You honestly have no idea how happy I am that they're bringing back the black one--it makes my day, week, month!

I asked my contact whether or not Jordana is considering bringing back ALL of the shades in the Color X-tend range, and she said that they do not have any plans to do this. HOWEVER, if there is customer demand for additional colors, I believe they would consider it. 

So if you are a Color X-tend fan from back in the day and you want more shades, let your voice be heard on Jordana's Facebook page and Twitter!

You can only purchase Cotton Candy Lip Gloss and Color X-tend Eyeliner in Black on the Jordana website (neither product is available in stores). But something tells me this won't stop diehard fans!

Are you excited about this news? Were you a fan of either of these products back in the day?
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. They need to bring back the Coffee shade of ColorXtend like, right now! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wished it was available in stores :(. I hate paying for shipping.

    ReplyDelete
  3. how nice!
    you say that these are dupes of the UD 24/7, and i'm already sold!
    but in terms of them being longwearing, what do you think: Jordana Color X-tend or Milani Liquif'eye?? I would looove to know what you think! I have super oily lids and a natural hooded eye shape.

    (Monica from Romania)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joey: YES! OMG, I totally remember (and loved) Coffee!! xo

    Teemetric: Hopefully they will be eventually (fingers crossed).

    Monica: Hum...that's a good question. If my memory serves me correctly, I believe that the Color X-tends were a TINY bit drier than the Liquif'eyes, so they seemed to last a bit longer on my eyes. But it has been a few years since I used the Color X-tends so I will need to test them out again to make a final verdict. Sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY! I'm so excited to try the eyeline, I'm an eyeliner maniac!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bought some of the new cotton candy lip gloss (10 of them) from their website and it is not the same as the old ones. The color is not as rich, very glossy. I was very dissapointed as it was my ver favorite in lip wear.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig