Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Monday, July 18, 2011

Breaking beauty news: Dana Classics to re-release fan favorites!

 
This just in!

(from drugstorenews.com)

SADDLE BROOK, N.J. — Dana Classic Fragrances has announced that it is re-releasing two of its popular fragrances: Love's Fresh Lemon and Love's Soft Jasmin.

The fragrances had very strong consumer loyalty throughout the '70s and '80s and, according to the company, their re-release has been requested and blogged about by fragrance users for several years.

Both fragrances will be available in 1.5-oz./ 45-mL body mists and will be featured at CVS stores in August.

Every time I do a blog post about Love's, the one thing I hear most often from you is that you wish Dana Classics would bring back Fresh Lemon. So it looks like Dana listened to our requests and acted accordingly. How awesome is that??

I haven't spoken to my contact at Dana about this yet (literally, the minute I saw this news article I ran to my computer to post it) but I will try to get more info for you as soon as possible.

In the meantime, are you longtime Love's fans happy to hear this?
SHARE:

12 comments

  1. My goodness, I haven't used a Love's fragrance since middle school! I did really enjoy it though, so I'm interested to see the release! Thanks G!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, one of my CVS stores has 'em out now. I saw it there just this afternoon and spritzed on the lemon - so refreshing on a 100 degree day!Of course, it still has the same craptacular staying power that it always did... :) meaning it's gone in 30 minutes! Ah well... it still smelled divine and brought back loads of good memories!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooooooooohhhhhh maybe they will rerelease Loves Rain.

    I have forgotten how much I love Love's Baby Soft until I bought my daughter her first bottle. I go in and sneek a spritz of it now and then.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used Love Cosmetics when I was in high school and college back when Menley & James first introduced the line and Donovan sang "Wear Your Love Like Heaven" in their ads! They had a fabulous line of hair care products, too - melon shampoo and cucumber rinse. Then they were gone. I'm glad Dana has picked up the brand and will re-release the Lemon and Jasmine fragrances!! Thank you for this news!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh! I am one of the ones who has posted about wanting this back! Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember that Lemon one! I own the original. I hope I'll be able to find the Lemon when it comes out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I am so happy to hear this! Cant wait to find Fresh Lemon! Thx G.!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have two bottles of Jasmin, so that's a favorite with me. Loves has to have at least a dozen fragrances by now, I wish they would occasionally bring back all of them, maybe just as a limited edition release of one or two each season.

    ReplyDelete
  9. kimkats: WOW, that's awesome! Thanks for the heads-up--I'm totally on the hunt for these now. :)

    JoElla: What a sweet image of you sneaking a spritz from your daughter's bottle. I LOVE that. :)

    Tiki Jane: I absolutely LOVE that you remember Love's from the 70s! And how did I not know that Donovan did the song in the commercials?? That is amazing! Thanks so much for the walk down memory lane. :)

    Anne: Yay yay yay!!!! I'm SO happy that they listened to your request, sweetie!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I bought my daughter the original as well and agree with KimKat 30 minutes top. I like to think of them as a freshening spray. You can keep in the fridge and reapply all day to freshen up without reeking.
    I love the lemon and jasmin, but I'm waiting for the patchouli to come back. Was a great scent.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wonder if Soft Jasmin is similar to Musky Jasmin? I remember the older sister of a girl on my street having a bottle of Musky Jasmin on her dresser & I'd steal sniffs when I visited. The juice was purple!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig