Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Friday, July 29, 2011

New Confetti Nail Colors!

Wow! I almost fell over the other day when I was at CVS and spotted NEW colors from Confetti! There were rumors that this brand wasn't going to be sold at CVS anymore, but those rumors seemed to come and go while the Confetti and 10 displays lingered. Well now I guess this pretty much solidifies it: Confetti is here to stay!

And they've rolled out new shades, including a Deborah Lippmann Happy Birthday dupe!

Confetti Nail Color 
(retail: $1.99 at CVS)

Left to right: Tasmanian Devil, I <3 U

First let me say that I think it was brilliant that Confetti put two rows of Tasmanian Devil in this display, since you know that one will sell out the quickest. Obviously Tasmanian Devil is the Deborah Lippmann Happy Birthday dupe, while I <3 U is a pearly white shimmer.

Here's a closer look at Tasmanian Devil:


Unlike Milani Gems, which contains jewel-toned glitter, this one seems to share more of the colors that are in Happy Birthday. I actually purchased Tasmanian Devil so I'll do a comparison to Gems in a future post if you're interested to see how they compare.

Left to right: Glam'n Up, Margarita Senorita

Sorry for the horrible pic, but Glam'n Up is a deep wine-colored shimmer, while Margarita Senorita is kind of a milky yellow creme that has just a DROP of green to it. I wouldn't go so far as to call it chartreuse, but it's not a straight-up canary yellow either.

 Left to right: Lonesome Dove, Tahitian Turquoise, Blue Bombshell

Lonesome Dove is a light cement-gray creme, Tahitian Turquoise is a shimmery teal (I didn't really detect any duochrome-iness in this one but I could be wrong), and Blue Bombshell is a shimmery blue that I'd say is close to Persian blue, if that helps.

For $1.99 each, I'm SO happy that Confetti is here to stay and has released new shades. Do you already own any polishes from Confetti? Their most popular shade, Moonstruck, is a great alternative to Rimmel Steel Gray and Sally Hansen Commander in Chic, if you're on a tight budget.
SHARE:

13 comments

  1. gorgeous colors! i'm glad this line didn't get discont'd! i'll be looking forward to ur comparison =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh, I wonder how Margarita Senorita compares with Sinful's Adventure Island. I haven't found AI yet and I doubt I will since it's LE.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just discovered Confetti recently... bought a bottle of Ice Ice Baby, and I've been using it NONSTOP for the past three weeks. It's so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Y: Me too, hun! Me too. :)

    purplegreenpanda: I own Adventure Island (I swatched it here a few weeks ago) and without seeing them side by side, I THINK that AI is a little murkier/dirtier than Senorita Margarita, but definitely in the same ballpark. Hope that helps a little bit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh! I'm going to have to stop by and get Tasmanian Devil. I love it :) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was in CVS the other day,and was surprised too,but didn't really give it a second look,except the thought that "what are they still doing here?" I expected them to be gone by now,but I am secretly glad that Confetti is here to stay.They truly do have a unique line of colors. I have Moonstruck,Conga Line,and My Favorite Martian,and will probably be adding Margarita Senorita to my stash,since it really does look the color of a margarita drink.LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Miss Bekka: Oooh, I don't think I have that shade *adds to list of colors to check out* :)

    Amber Michelle: You're so welcome!

    cmf3: Wow, I am impressed! I don't think I've ever finished a bottle of nail color. I definitely need to see that shade the next time I'm at CVS! :)

    thalia: OMG, I agree--it does look like the color of the drink, huh? :) I have *almost* purchased My Favorite Martian a few times--why do I always put it back at the last minute?? I'm so stupid. lol!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm looking forward to getting some more Confetti shades. Let 'em give Sinful Colors a run for their money. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Blue Bombshell isn't a new polish. It's actually the first Confetti polish I ever bought when they first showed up at CVS.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am soooo happy Confetti is here to stay! Every time I go to CVS I pick up 2 bottles. The first CVS near my house doesn't seem to be putting any new colors out. However, the newest CVS, almost equal distance from my house, had more colors the old CVS didn't have.

    I was just in CVS yesterday and picked up Just Dancin and The Red Carpet. I didn't see Tasmanian Devil. I really hope they get it in soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The reason I never bought anything from Confetti and 10 was because I read the rumor and thought that it was true. I didn't want to fall in love with yet another product and have it axed. Especially when it first came out.

    But I knew something didn't seem right because CVS never put Confetti and 10 on clearance. I'll write a list of colors from everyone's post and try them out.

    Back when Loreal had their Jet Set line I used to finsh bottles of polish all the time. I'm still looking for a dupe of Sherr Sizzle and Sheer Barest.

    Melody J

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig