Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Friday, June 3, 2011

Young and the Restless fans: you're not going to believe this!

It takes a lot to blow me away when it comes to beauty news, but this one did for me. Very soon, you won't have to travel to "Genoa City" to find "Jabot Cosmetics"!

From drugstorenews.com:

FICTIONAL BEAUTY BRAND COMES TO LIFE

NEW YORK — Fusion Brands, the parent company of beauty brands FusionBeauty and Clean, has partnered with Sony Pictures and CBS Consumer Products to launch Jabot Cosmetics, a fictional beauty brand that will become available for purchase to consumers.

Inspired by the beauty company portrayed on daytime TV's Emmy-award-winning "The Young and the Restless, " Jabot now is a collection of color cosmetics, skin care and fragrances. Jabot Cosmetics will launch at the 2011 Daytime Emmy Awards in Las Vegas on June 19. The face of the brand, Tracey Bregman, who plays Lauren Fenmore, will debut the brand live on the red carpet.

"Jabot is the crown jewel cosmetics company in town. It's such a huge part of the history of the show and has played a significant role in the interfamily dynamics of the Abbotts, particularly in Jack Abbott's relationship with his father, John. It's also a key ingredient to the decades-long business rivalry between Jack and fellow titan Victor Newman. Blood has been lost and hearts have been broken over this company," explained Maria Bell, producer and head writer of "The Young and the Restless."

"For the first time, our fans can own a piece of the show and at the same time share in the storyline as it unfolds live on TV," Bell added. "The brand launch is going to be completely integrated to the show. The back story on how Jabot started and product development is going to be featured in 'Y&R' storylines, and we are going to use actual Jabot products on-set with the same packaging as you will see in retail. Plus, viewers will soon see a new Jabot set as well."

Jabot Cosmetics' array of products includes the Overnight Sensation, Camera Ready Color and Red Carpet Collections, as well as a fragrance and body care additions launching in late 2011. Jabot skin care and color products are all formulated with anti-aging technologies to deliver results. These include the Miracules Complex, a cactus pectin ingredient that hydrates to smooth and plump the appearance of fine lines and deep wrinkles, while reversing the appearance of dry, dull and dehydrated skin.

Beginning in mid-June, Jabot will be sold at ShopJabot.com and HSN.com. In addition, Bregman will preview the line live on HSN on June 21 and 22.

The entire collection officially will launch on July 28. The collection also will be available at every Ulta retail location. Prices will range from $15 to $40. An exclusive three-piece Emmy collection kit will be available on June 19 at ShopJabot.com for a limited time for $59.50.

I had to take a look at the ShopJabot.com site and this is what I found:

image source: shopjabot.com

There are no product images on the site yet but, as you can see, the big reveal is slated for June 13th.

When I was a kid, a babysitter got me hooked on Y&R, and I watched it for many, many years after that. Heck, I even sent Michael Damian (aka Danny Romalotti) a fan letter when I was probably 13 years old, and he wrote me back! (Looking back on it now, his assistant probably wrote the letter but he did sign it!).

Though I haven't watched Y&R in many years, I am still ridiculously curious to see Jabot Cosmetics come to life. Are there any other fans out there who can't wait to see these products at their local Ulta stores? Come on, admit it...you know you'll at least take a peek!
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. this actually made me LOL ;) what will they think of next

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! I watched Y&R for years!!! Every summer I'd watch. Then once school started back up, Mom would fill me in. :)
    Brock and Snapper where my fantasies! And now to get THE makeup....SWEET!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, so, I DO watch this on the regular - I'm old school. And Jack Abbott has talked about their new moisturizer with Cactus derivatives in it - and I admit, I'm intrigued. If *that* is what the IRL products are like, then, yes, I'm intrigued enough to watch it make the leap from fictional product to real life.
    Or I may just be a sucker for soap opera marketing. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The 13 y.o. in me is squeeing right now. :-) Though I haven't watched Y&R for years, I love this. Weird but awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so amazing. I am over the moon! I am back in the US for a holiday in July so I am hoping it will still be in Ulta then. Now I just have to find an Ulta in San Diego, a place I have never been. But, I will do it for Jabot!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. checkout....
    jabotcosmetics.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bought them at Ulta's they are your average price you'll pay for products like Benefit lorc stuff like that but they are really worth it I was very impressed with them, I jumped at a whim to buy them cause it was new and I liked the way it tested out in the store and with money back quarantee I figured whats to loose I think you all will love it too.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig