Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Another new Maybelline product (and a clarification)

I want to thank the lovely Silly Lilacs for the comment she left yesterday on my post about the new Maybelline and L'Oreal products (click here if you missed them). She saw the new Maybelline eyeshadow display at her Walgreens and confirmed that it's called Color Explosion, not Color Bomb (as indicated on the Target website). So...I guess this new line DOES have the same name as it does in Canada? I'm assuming Color Bomb is a typo on the Target website. If any of you have seen the new eyeshadows, please leave a comment and let us know if your display said "Color Explosion" or "Color Bomb"!

Also, Silly Lilacs said that her store was not allowing 40% off on the new Maybelline eyeshadows (per this week's 40% off sale on Maybelline eyeshadow, foundation, lip and nail products). I have heard from a few of you that you WERE able to get 40% off on these shadows, so I just want to let you know that it seems to be varying from store-to-store.

And finally, I want to thank my lovely reader, makeupbynichole, for mentioning that there's ANOTHER new Maybelline product that I failed to mention in yesterday's post!

(3 shades)

Retail: $4.49

Would ya look at that BRUSH! That is some seeerious tapering. I have to admit, I'm not a fan of the Great Lash formula, but I'm fascinated with that brush. And as you can see, the LOL in the title stands for Lots of Lashes.

Thanks SO much, Silly Lilacs and makeupbynichole, for the great info!
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. They DO allow it the sale to work on those shadows?! Time to hunt down another Walgreens *finger pyramids*

    Also...the LOL mascara >_< I don't know if I should be laughing hysterically or face-palming. Either way, Maybelline KNOWS that people will be curious about it and will probably dish out the money just for the brush lol (no pun intended haha)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uhh, this one looks promising *wonders*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I should tell my mother about this new mascara, all she has used since i have been born is the great lash, but last week she called me so upset to tell me that they changed the color to teal. So i had to go buy her a black on because she was freaking out that she was going to have to wear teal mascara.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder how functional that brush would be... I would be scared to smudge my eyes somehow trying to maneuver it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm, not a fan of the formula so Idk if this will be any good just cause it's got an interesting brush. I think I'll be checking out the reviews before purchasing this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was going to let you know that at the Walgreen's I was at over noon hour I saw the shadows and they were also called Color Explosion! Kinda purty but there are a couple glittery shades in each set, it looked like, so I passed on 'em.

    They had the new Drama eyeliner pencils too! Didn't see a price on them, but the blue and the steel grey one looked promising. As if I need another flippin' eyeliner pencil... :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not a fan of the brush or formula..seems like the formul flakes up after it dries...and it was difficult to apply the product to my bottom lashes since mine are thin

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig