Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Thursday, May 5, 2011

Review: New Prestige VinylWear Extreme Brilliant Shine Lip Gloss in Radical Cherry

Continuing my Prestige 2011 new product series (click here to see the new lipstick line), today I'd like to show you one of the new VinylWear Extreme Brilliant Shine Lip Glosses:

Prestige VinylWear Extreme
Brilliant Shine Lip Gloss in Radical Cherry
(retail: $5.99)

As many of you know, I'm more of a lipstick girl. I'm too much of a chronic gloss eater to get lipgloss to last on my lips more than an hour or so, but since starting this blog a few years ago, I have gotten better! I try very hard to resist the temptation of smooshing my lips together when wearing lipgloss (it's so hard to refrain!) but luckily for me, this new gloss from Prestige turned out to be a long-wear gloss that feels like it was made just for me.

First off, I love the sponge-tip applicator. As you can see in the pics above, this is one of the doe-foot 2.0 versions that's sort of like the new Revlon ColorBurst Lipgloss I reviewed here. It's flat when viewed from the side, but it's got a slight curvature to it that really hugs the lips during application. Unlike the ColorBurst gloss, this applicator doesn't have as much bend, which helps with precision application.

As for the texture, I find this to be a heavier gloss, comparable to a MAC Lipglass. It is a bit sticky, but that's what helps it stay on my lips longer than non-sticky glosses. I don't find it to be heavy on the lips to the point of feel suffocating, but it's not weightless either.


Looking at the pics above, I hope you can tell that this is actually a sheer gloss, as opposed to being opaque like a liquid lipstick. It's definitely not a liquid lipstick--it's got a nice transparency to it, although the pigmentation is quite good. I LOVE sheer reds, and I find that I can get a whopping 3-4 hours of wear from this gloss (a miracle for me) and when it fades, it leaves a nice, even flush of color behind.

Let's talk about the shine for moment, since "shine" is in the title. When first applied, this is one shiny gloss. And what I love is that, unlike other glosses I own, the shine seems to linger much longer even as this gloss fades. I'm so used to my glosses taking on a dull look after about 30 minutes on my lips, but I find that the shine in this gloss lasts. I don't think it's the shiniest gloss in the world, but I really love that the shine it does have seems to last longer than other high-shine glosses I've used in the past.

As for the flavor and fragrance, I get a bit of a fruity, strawberry note to this gloss, but both the flavor and fragrance fade pretty quickly.

FINAL VERDICT: I am seriously impressed by Prestige's new 2011 lip color offerings. VinylWear Extreme is a gloss that outlasts several other glosses in my stash, and I adore the sheer red color of Radical Cherry. If you're a chronic gloss-eater like me, I think you might enjoy the staying power of this one (and the endurance of the shine, too!).

Prestige VinylWear Extreme Brilliant Shine Lip Gloss is now available on the Prestige website, the Ulta website, and should be available in-store at Ulta as well. I haven't seen it at my local Rite Aid yet, but I'm sure it will be in the Prestige display soon.

A sample of this product was given to Nouveau Cheap for editorial purposes, either directly from the manufacturer or from the agency that works on behalf of the manufacturer. All reviews on NouveauCheap.blogspot.com are the honest opinion of its author and editorial samples do not, in any way, affect the outcome of product reviews.
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Wow! This is a suprise I thought it would go on stop sign red! It is so pretty and sheer. I love the design of the applicator. Its one of the things I like about Revlon's new glosses and of course Chanel has this too! I'm glad to hear it has stickness and staying power. I still wear gloss when I am out running and find that the sticker the best and usually I can still feel gloss after a long run and it keeps my lips from feeling to dry! Totally going remember these!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig