Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Saturday, May 7, 2011

The Lipstick League - week of 5.2.11

Mr. G, getting his pastry on.

I'm posting this picture because, whenever I look at it, I think:
Go for the gusto in life

My boyfriend and I recently spent a lovely afternoon at a wonderful local bakery here in San Diego. We decided to get one of their fresh fruit strudels (pictured above) and when we sat outside to eat, we tried to delicately approach it with our forks. Well, the pastry was so light and crispy (and utterly delicious) that using a fork proved impossible. So I finally just said, "This is the kind of food you need to pick up in your hand and bite into like there's no tomorrow". So that's exactly what we did, and I just loved that the Bavarian cream and flakes of pastry went all over his beard. I didn't want him to wipe them away before I snapped a pic--it was one of those moments that reminds you that sometimes you just need to be messy, act like a kid, and have fun in life.

Lipstick League Question of the Week:

What’s your favorite fragrance? If you don’t have a favorite, what are you currently loving?

G's Answer: Well, my all-time favorite fragrance is Chantecaille Frangipane. But lately, I've really been loving Bath & Body Works Into the Wild, which I will be reviewing very soon.

Links of the Week:

Nouveau Cheap -  Did the new John Frieda Go Blonder Controlled Lightening Spray work wonders on her pesky roots, or did it just give her scary high school flashbacks to days of orange hair and braces?

Pink Sith - Joeybunny Transports you to Cap Ferrat in Southeast France with the new NARS Cap Ferrat eye Shadow Trio!

Phyrra  - takes you on a journey to another dimension with the Supernaturals, a collection by Meow Cosmetics.

Vampy Varnish - wants you to stop and smell the Pacifica Body Butters.

we heart this -  Benefit's beautiful new Coral Chacha tint has us dancing!

Beauty Junkies Unite -  puts the new Makeup For Ever Aqua Liners to the test. Will they budge? Are they waterproof? Your questions are answered.

Clumps of Mascara - is in love with Color Club’s newest nail polish collection. Need some new neons in your life?

EauMG - Just for fun: EauMG asks her dog to discuss his favorite fragrances.

Lipglossiping - wants to hear your commandments for the perfect foundation.  Ladies, we’re taking no prisoners with this one!


What fragrance are you currently loving?
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I LOVE it and totally agree with you!!! Life is too short to worry about stuff like having pastry crumbs in your beard!! I have realized these things the older I've gotten. Enjoy life every day like its your last!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey G! Was that from Hans & Harry Bakery?? I love their strudels... I might order one for Mother's Day tomorrow! Fav purfume - Ferragamo - Incanto Dream

    ReplyDelete
  3. Into the Wild IS AMAZING - I can't wait to pick up the body spray, etc. this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kelli Rae: I'm so happy you agree! Life is too short and we all need to enjoy it, right down to the crumbs in the beard. :) xo

    Lorena: Yes!! It's a bit of a drive for us, but sooooo worth it! So glad you like their strudels too. Yum yum. :)

    BeautyBrain: OMG, isn't it? So glad you like to too. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig