Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Spotted: new nail and hair products from...Crayola?!?

As far as I'm concerned, beauty products know no age limit. If they're cute, affordable and I can use them in a way that doesn't actually make me look like I'm eight years old, I'll try anything! 

So I was absolutely delighted to receive the following pics from not one, but two wonderful readers recently of some new Crayola products surfacing at Rite Aid. Just FYI, these products are made by Fing'rs (owned  by Pacific World, which also owns Nailene).  So if any of you were wondering, "Do I really trust Crayola to make decent nail products?" you can put your mind at ease a bit knowing that these products are actually from the makers of Nailene and Fing'rs.

image credit: Amanda (@poxyd on Twitter) for Nouveau Cheap

 image credit: Amanda (@poxyd on Twitter) for Nouveau Cheap

As you can see, these products are all very affordable (not to mention bright and very "Crayola-ish").

Some close-ups:

  image credit: Kali for Nouveau Cheap

How cute is this? It's shaped like a mini flat-iron, only it's for adding temporary streaks to your hair. You just put in the color of your choice and you're good to go.

 
  image credit: Kali for Nouveau Cheap

More temporary hair color sticks, only these are the kind you just rub directly onto your hair.

  image credit: Kali for Nouveau Cheap

Colorful "Hair Flair".

  image credit: Kali for Nouveau Cheap

More Hair Flair and nail stencils.

  image credit: Kali for Nouveau Cheap

I love these nail art pens--they look like Crayola markers!

image credit: Kali for Nouveau Cheap

And last but certainly not least, scented nail polishes in bright Crayola colors. So fun!

A huge thanks to both Amanda (@poxyd on Twitter) and Kali for the AWESOME pics! I so appreciate you both taking the time to send these my way!

Have you spotted these new goodies from Crayola in your area yet? Have you tried anything? I'm definitely interested in the scented polishes, nail art pens and stencils. How about you?
SHARE:

18 comments

  1. I might would like to try the temporary pink highlights. it would befun. My 4 yr old daughter has been sayin she wants some pink hair so i might get it for her or some of the clip in pink hair. i saw the polish today at rite aid but didnt pay attention to the other products. im gonna try it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh how cool. I want to get these for my nieces. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i personally am a LOVER of crayola products in general so this is AMAZING! definitely getting that pack of scented nailpolish. my boyfriend says that its mandatory and actually loves that crayola makes this stuff. he suggested they make makeup lol. (hes 25 im 22) kids at heart for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not ashamed to say I snatched up that five-pack of scented polish as soon as it came out. And while the bottles are very small, its deliciously shimmery, surprisingly good formula, reasonably opaque in two coats, and smells great. I bought it because I'm doing nails for a friend's little girl at her birthday party. At least that's what I tell myself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting! Not sure if I'm going to pick any of the products up, but I'll definitely be on the lookout for them to at least see what the offering are.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw those at Walmart, probably wouldn't purchase any, they seem like kids beauty products

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not sure how I feel about this, lol. I suppose if there's a market for it, a company will make it happen. I personally can't pull of these bright colors, but my roomie would probably fall in love with them. I'll be on the lookout for them at CVS or something, and will probably end up buying one (or two...) out of curiosity :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. how.................interesting..I kinda like it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need the hair color sticks and the polish in my life right away...at least next payday :). So what if I'm 42? I've been known to use spray-in purple hair color and wear it to work! Mentally I'm 12.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How cute! I'd definitely get the nail polish, the stencils, and maybe some of the hair flair or the hair color stix.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I spotted these at a Rite Aid. I was considering getting the stencils. That's a great option for the nail art challenged.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cute! Would like to see a box of 64 polishes lol.

    ReplyDelete
  13. my walmart carries some of this stuff and has for awhile now. kind of fun to see it elsewhere:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I haven't seen it yet. But I read that Crayola was trying to get the tween market. They did so market test and found out that girls stop using their products around that age. They girls said that Crayola didn't grow up as they did. You may have noticed their craft kits at Target aimed at the same age group.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Horrible, horrible, horrible product! My daughter got these for a gift, and after more than a week and a dozen washes (multiple washes per bath) with concentrated scrubbing on the affected areas, and using several different shampoos, my son's blond hair is STILL blue where she colored it. Be warned! It probably won't show up on darker hair, but it isn't removed by shampoo.

    ReplyDelete
  16. How can I find out the ingredients used in Crayola Hair Stix?

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig