Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Friday, April 8, 2011

Spotted: new makeup, nail polish, haircare and more (pic heavy)

I've got a TON to show and tell you about in this is post so let's not waste any time! Oh but I do want to mention before I get into the post that I realize some of you have already seen these products in your area and may not consider them brand new. Since drugstores across the US tend to put out their items at different times, I do posts like this because I know that not all of you may have access to these products yet. So I like for you to know what's out there and what's headed in your direction, if at all possible. And also, I consider something new if it's only been on the market for three months or less. Hope that makes sense!

First off, a few of you asked if I planned to post about the LE CoverGirl Clean Compacts, and I want to tell you that I actually spotted them about a month ago, but the display was already wiped out. As luck would have it, I stopped by an out-of-the-way Rite Aid today and stumbled across a FULL display, so here you go!




As you can see, your purchase of these LE compacts will help give clean water to a child in Africa, which is a excellent cause, of course! The compact itself contains the CoverGirl Clean pressed powder that is already part of the core collection; it's just the design of the package that's special. My display did not have any of the green ones, but you can see all three designs in the pic above.


I finally spotted the mini MegaLast sets, so I thought I'd show you both color options.


The new Brush-on in-Shower Hair Remover from Sally Hansen, which claims to have an odorless formula.


This comes in an extra strength formula for coarse hair, and a normal-to-sensitive formula.


Here's the new Nailene So Natural nail set. I thought it was interesting how it's just french tips with a clear, see-through nail bed. I'm VERY curious if you'll be able to see the glue on your nails since the nail bed is completely translucent.


The new Scunci Design Weaver looks interesting. Essentially these are very sheer strips of fabric that can be weaved into your hair. The fabric is pretty much netting--here's a closer look:


FINALLY, some of the new Sinful Colors shades have made their way Rite Aid:



I can tell you that Nirvana is in this display, as well as Savage and a few other new shades. I can't confirm that ALL of the shades in the Lone Star display are new--maybe one of you nail gals can confirm that?

Speaking of Sinful Colors, if you haven't seen the Polka Dots display at your Walgreens yet, Deuce Beauties has pics here. Oh, and ThatsSoFresh has swatches of the OTHER new Sinful Colors shades that you can only get at Meijer (so far).


Remember last week when I showed you pics of the new summer glosses from City Colors? Well I finally found the new bronzers (the ones in the back are the peacock bronzers, which are NOT new).



And I also found the new City Colors eyeshadow palettes, which are also part of the summer collection.



Here are the new Kiss Nail Artist kits. Some of them come with nail stencils, while others come with nail guides. Also, one of the three kits is limited edition.




I FINALLY spotted the new got2b Powder'ful Volumizing Powder that I mentioned in this post. You're supposed to sprinkle the powder on your roots and get instant volume in "10 seconds". I was surprised by how small the can was (0.35 ounces) and it retails for just under $7 at CVS.


And finally, I wanted to tell you Rite Aid shoppers that ALL Burt's Bees haircare is on clearance for 50% off right now.


And also the entire Smith & Vandiver Aromatherapaes collection is also 50% off, including the Spa Shower Tablets I reviewed for weheartthis!

Whew! That's it for this drugstore report. Thanks for reading, and I'd love to hear your thoughts about anything mentioned in this post.
SHARE:

20 comments

  1. Have you ever used any Burt's Bees hair products? I tried the Hair Repair Deep Conditioner and the smell was enought to put me off of it immediately!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice :) I'm loving the new Sinful Colors shades and the nail art kits :)

    I haven't seen those Covergirl LE powder compacts here yet. But we always get things after they have been in store in the US for a while anyway. ;) the blue zebra one is kinda cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found a $1/1 tearpad on a display of Kiss Nail Artist (the one you have shown) at CVS. I took one, but I think I'll wait for a good sale :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I use the Big Sexy Hair version of the volumnizing powder. I love, love, love it! It takes barely any and it gives my short hair awesome volume. If the got2b is anything like it I highly recommend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm curious about the brush-on hair remover that claims to have no smell. If it really doesn't smell AND it works I will look into buying it by the gallon and will bathe in it on a weekly basis. Only up to the neck of course! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ the Sinful colors display- OPI Texas collection much? :-) I need to inspect this in stores. lol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. volumizing powder rocks my world! my hair is totally changed because of it. i started using osis plus dust it but since it's become more readily available in other brands it's much cheaper. i like the sally beauty version, beyond the zone is the brand (tigi rip off).

    if you are curious on how to use it, check out bunzie13's tutorial on youtube :) i love her!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was thisclose to getting the Got2B volume powder but balked at the size of the bottle. I'm kicking myself now though so I'll check the YT tutorial. I am VERY curious to see how it works IRL, thanks for the tip :)

    I still haven't found the Suave dry shampoo but it sounds like the Got2Be version is great also so that's next - I flew through my can of John Frieda dry 'poo which I absolutely loved (I raved about it here not too long ago) but not as thrilled at how fast I used it up for the price, especially if there are other options out there just as good but cheaper. Where is everyone seeing the Suave again?

    I picked up the CG oil control (green) compact and it is so cute. It'll be great for summer when I need oil control more than now. I'm hoping to find a way to pop out the pan and refill so I can keep using the compact. Not sure it can be done but I'm going to try nonetheless. CG ought to make it permanent just for that alone and for charity is great too.

    Finally... sorry this is so long, apparently it WAS a good week. I picked up a City Color Island Glow bronzer; the one on the right in the pic. I'm still winter pale so it seemed the lighter and pinker of the two, almost like a blush. (they don't have shade names that I see- anyone?) The one I got reminds of Cargo Louisiana so I really like it. It's quite shimmery though, especially when you hit that gold overspray, but it gives a lovely glow and is so buttery soft in texture I was really surprised. The compact will probably last me forever, too. I'm wondering if their e/s and other bronzers are similarly pigmented and soft now too. My poor wallet will be happy but I fear I'm starting to run out of mu storage again, doh. Too much good stuff lately!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I bought the one of the City Colors eyeshadow palettes 2 weeks ago. I posted some swatches on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know what you mean with Sinful displays - I can never tell if they are new colors or not!!! Especially since every store seems to carry a different selection.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Where are City Colors sold at? Those bronzers look so cute for summer, love the palm trees!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kori: I'm finding them all (City Colors, esp the bronzers) at Rite Aid in displays up front or on endcaps.

    ReplyDelete
  13. @kellie ganzo: I tried to look on you tube for that tutorial from bunzie 13 but could not find it. What did you type it, or how did you find it.

    I saw thos City Colors bronzers in Rite Aid a few weeks ago. Id like to try one.

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh, and has anyone tried the brush-on hair remover my sally hansen? Id like to try it but was unsure. If i see it i might try it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. yeah, I couldn't find the YT video either and I typed both the name of the product and her name, so not sure.

    ReplyDelete
  16. the video is located here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9kfOwdKjeo

    ReplyDelete
  17. I will have to try the hair powder! Where do you find the City Color Bronzers?

    ReplyDelete
  18. @ Steffy, thank you! I don't have any Rite-Aids in my area so I guess I will have to do without. They're so cute, too! Bummer :(

    ReplyDelete
  19. That sucks Kori, but why don't you PM/email me (I can't see your profile to shoot you a separate message). thx!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Some of the shades are old -- I believe I saw Folly and Big Daddy in the display, which are core. They are definitely not all new.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig