Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Friday, April 22, 2011

It's a China Glaze Swatchfest!

I received a fun assortment of China Glaze polishes recently for review, and I thought it would be fun to kick off Easter weekend with some color and sparkle! I know how many of you adore China Glaze (me too! me too!) so let's get started!

Pelican Gray, from the Spring 2011 Anchors Away Collection
(two coats)



There is a pretty, baby-fine shimmer running through Pelican Gray that my camera simply refused to capture. In my vast array of gray nail polishes, I don't have one that's similar to this shade--it's a touch lighter than anything I own, and I really love it.

Next up, Japanese Koi, from the Summer 2008 Ink Collection
(three coats)



There's an extra touch of red in this neon that helps it veer from "safety cone orange" territory. It's bright, do not get me wrong, but I think it would look fantastic on toes in the summertime. This one goes on sheer so three coats are definitely in order, but the great news is that, like most neons, it dries in an instant so three coats won't take you all night to accomplish.

Next up: Lighthouse, from the Spring 2011 Anchors Away Collection
(worn alone with 2 coats and worn over Japanese Koi with one coat)


My photos don't do Lighthouse justice, but they really got the name right with this one because that sparkle is an eye-catcher! To my untrained eye, this feels like a gold jelly with yellow glitter. The pictures of it worn alone were after two coats and it's still pretty sheer, so you'd probably need three or four coats for good opacity.

I just LOVE Lighthouse over Japanese Koi! If you're not a straight-up neon type of gal, a coat of Lighthouse on top of your neon might make the brightness more doable--this is an absolutely stunning combo in person. It feels like pure sunshine!



Next up: White Cap, from the Spring 2011 Anchors Away Collection
(three coats)


This is an absolutely stunning white jelly with gold glass fleck that, on the nail, just dances and glows like the flame on a candle. I have nothing like it in my stash and the longer I wear it, the more beautiful it becomes.


In the above photo, you can really see the gold in this shade. Gorgeous! I actually am battling my mom for ownership of this polish because when she saw it, she immediately had to try it on and instantly fell in love with it. I have to admit, it looks better on her skin (she's several shades darker than I am--about an NC40--and it really looks stunning on her nails). I'm sure she'll end up with it, but I will come over and borrow it for sure!

And finally, I wanted to show you one coat of White Cap layered over two coats of Pelican Gray:




In this last photo, you can really see the gold in White Cap and I promise you, it's even more pretty in person. If you're tired of your gray and taupe cremes, you can definitely give them new life by applying a layer of White Cap over them! This look reminds me of snowflakes on wet cement. Not that I've ever actually seen snowflakes on wet cement, but I imagine it would look something like this.

China Glaze Nail Lacquers retail for around $6 each. You can find them at Sally Beauty (in-store and online), Ulta (in-store and online) and other various retailers.

I hope you enjoyed this swatchfest! Do you already own any of the shades featured in this post? If not, are you thinking about picking any of them up? I'd love to hear from you!

A sample of this product was given to Nouveau Cheap for editorial purposes, either directly from the manufacturer or from the agency that works on behalf of the manufacturer. All reviews on NouveauCheap.blogspot.com are the honest opinion of its author and editorial samples do not, in any way, affect the outcome of product reviews.
SHARE:

13 comments

  1. Nice swatches I really like white cap and it's on my want list hope to get it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the entire anchors away collection, they have great shades. I love how you layered lighthouse, I'm gonna have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been wanting White Cap ever since I first saw pictures of it. I love China Glaze so much; they really are the best nail polish brands because they are inexpensive, great quality, and have a huge range of colors and finished. I would much rather have one of China Glaze's holographics or glitters versus any polish Chanel makes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm currently wearing For Audrey with a coat of White Cap and it's wonderful! I painted on Tuesday and the mani's survived Busch Gardens and 2 days of work (lots of keyboarding). I almost hate to take it off!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can find China Glaze at 8ty8beauty.com for around $3.00 a piece. Happy polishing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you want to avoid a lot of coats with neon polishes, use one coat of a good, opaque white as the first coat. Not only does the solid polish underneath negate the need for tons of coats, but it really makes the neon pop!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Erin ill have to try that. I have several neons from China Galze and u have to use 3 coats usaully.I wonder if the white that came with my sally hansen french mani kit would work well.
    Im really wanting to get a few shades from the island escape collection but its not at sallys and i dont have an ulta near me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have pelican grey from anchors away, as well as sunset sail and the blue one, can never remember the name of it...sea spray! I love china glaze because they stay on incredible well, half of my nail polish collection is china glaze.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How does White Cap compare to Frosty? I have Frosty and love it; a white shimmer with teeny pink and blue shimmer in it; it wears like iron.

    ReplyDelete
  10. these are really beautiful color combinations! So many different ways to wear colors!!! I am going to add some sheer glittery polishes to totally change over my stash! And sadly we are STILL experiencing snow flakes on cement in Central NY. Sping does nto want to make an appearance.

    ReplyDelete
  11. white cap is pretty cool. Its a nice topcoat. Thanks for the swatches!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love China Glaze!!
    I dont have any of these, but my favorites of the ones I have are Lubu Heels, Unplugged, and Secret Periwinkle

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig