Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Wednesday, April 6, 2011

It's baaack: From the Vintage Vault

Due to popular demand, I have revisited my long-lost stash of late 80s, 90s and early 00s makeup and I'm back for another installment of From the Vintage Vault!

I want to thank everyone who has given me feedback about this series--I had no idea it would be so popular and that you'd all enjoy looking at old makeup as much I do!  For those of you who haven't see my previous From the Vintage Vault posts, you can check them out here.

For today's edition, I bring you these little goodies:

 Max Factor Moisture Riche Lipstick in Indigo Pink
(circa late 1990s)

Do any of you remember these old-school Max Factor Moisture Riche Lipsticks? The cases were dark navy blue and had an oval shape to them. This shade, Indigo Pink, was a FAVORITE of mine in the late 1990s and I wore this baby down to a nub!



Next up, I know these aren't super old, but they're still fun to look at:

 L'Oreal Soft Effects Eye Colour in Sky Blue
(circa 2000)


Remember when ALL L'Oreal cosmetics came in that taupe-colored packaging? I loved this eyeshadow since I recall being a huge fan of baby blue in the late 90s, early 2000s. I know you can still get the Soft Effects shadows on ebay, amazon, etc. and I know they occassionally show up at Dollar Tree as well.

Now for a real blast from the past!

 Fetish Star Power Eyeliner in Bliss
(circa 2000)


Oh Fetish, how I LOVED thee! Please tell me there are some of you who remember this drugstore brand from the early 2000s?? I LOVED Fetish and I remember when you could easily find their products at Walgreens and Sears. I loved that holographic packaging and the shades of their products were pretty fashion-forward for the time. Eventually this brand moved from drugstores to dollar stores, and then  it just disappeared completely. I miss you, Fetish!

That's it for this edition for From the Vintage Vault. Did it bring back any memories for you? Did you own anything mentioned here? Do you remember these products?
SHARE:

18 comments

  1. i loved fetish! it was one of the few drugstore brands that had anything for my spooky teenaged self!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Vintage Vault! I was hoping you would bring this back! I think it my favorte series that any blogger has ever done. Haha, I'm going to be sad when you run out of old things!

    Also G, please reconsider! You know what I mean!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Vintage Vault!!! Love to look at old makeup and ads too! Don't recall Fetish, think that was during my time away from drugstores. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these posts! It's so interesting to see how make-up has "evolved".

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oo, fresh VV!!! This is how I found your awesomesauce blog in the first place! I need more, please!

    I don't remember Fetish but I do remember the Max Factor lipsticks. I know my mom was bummed when MF stopped selling their product in the states. Their 2000 Calorie mascara was the bomb-diggity! I quit using it due to animal testing but Mom never gave it up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember when I worked at CVS in high school, we had a Max Factor area in the cosmetics isle. I didn't try anything, though, before it was removed. :\

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you and I have the same make-up closet because we have so many of the same items - even the older ones!

    Here are some items I REALLY miss:
    1. Max Factor's fat shadow pencils from the early-mid 90's in Mink and Cocoa - I used those colors all the time to line my eyes.
    2. Revlon's Powderliners in brown and black...not the slim ones that are still around, but the fat ones. (I prefer fatter pencil eyeliners as they're easier for me to use.)
    3. Shine lipstick in Cappucino. Oddly enough, a lipstick in a line of cosmetics made for women of color was the best one I've ever found for my coloring (pale redhead with blue eyes).

    I could go on and on and on....

    ReplyDelete
  8. i used to love fetish's nail polishes! didn't christina aguilera use to be their spokesperson at some time? i could swear i remember her on their ads. I had the most amazing red polish from Fetish!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I found a Revlon Street Wear lipstick the other day, from the late 90's. lol The name was kind of bad. The shade range looked like something a rave girl would wear.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My Dollar Tree still carries Fetish products! I saw them there one day, and immediately thought of X-tina, I think like someone else said above she endorsed the products.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I miss "Sweet Georgia Brown" cosmetics. they made a frosty lavender lipstick I wore everyday when I was in middle school.those were the days when I could pull off lavender lipstick.:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What I miss most, I think, are the old LOreal nail polishes from back in the day, when the bottles were squarish and they had limited edition collections of really unusual (for the time) colors like blues, greens, glitters, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I remember those lipsticks - I had a brownish one... well, it was the 90s!

    ReplyDelete
  14. theetinygoat: Absolutely! :)

    Jessi: Aww, honey, that's so sweet of you to say! Oh, and I'll write you back today. :) xo

    Barefoot Domestic Goddess: Yay! So glad you like these posts. :)

    Arezu: I'm so glad you think so! :)

    Hermione: Awww, thank you, sweetheart! And yes, I was SO bummed when MF stopped selling to the US. I'm *still* bummed. I loved their mascaras. :(

    NeutraKris: Wow, I feel old! They only just recently discontinued selling Max Factor (I posted about it on this blog when it happened--I think it was in '09?) and I used a TON of their products religiously for many, many years. But I guess it's good you never tried them, so that you don't have to miss them. :)

    vtgirl1983: Yay! We're old-school makeup twinsies! :) And omg, those products you listed are a total blast from the past. Love it!

    Pau: YES! She was! OMG, that's so awesome that you remember that. :)

    Rebecca: haha! I totally remember those lipsticks. :)

    lashes & lips: Whoa! Are you serious??? You are so lucky!

    anniedog33: Oh my goodness, I totally miss Sweet Georgia Brown too!!

    T-Rex: Yep! I posted a few of my older L'Oreals in a previous post--I miss the shape of those, and I totally agree that the colors were very fashion-forward for the time. *sigh*

    Dee: Yay!! I think I had brown too. lol

    ReplyDelete
  15. I LOVED Fetish when I was a kid. I always had to be sneaky, though, because my mom didn't want me to have their products (conservative much?) so I'd have to sneak them home. They were so cool for drugstore products!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Fetish! I had some nail polish, lipstick, and the fragrance. It came in this ultra funky bottle that had it's own stand so it wouldn't tip on your vanity. I loved it and finished the entire bottle!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I remember all of those.

    I also remember Maybeline Shine Free. The powder was in the purple container that was shaped kind of like an hour glass. Maybelline also had a line that came out a little later than Revlon's Street Wear. But I can't remember what it was called.

    Does anybody remember Sugar Baby and Splash (not LA Splash). Splash had containers that had a dolphin on it. Both lines used to be at Nordstron Rack.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've still got a sweet georgia brown nail varnish (super gliterry silver!) and a tiny pot of purple loose eyeshadow with AMAZING glitter in it! a real blast from the past!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig