Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Wednesday, April 13, 2011

e.l.f. news!

First and foremost, my lovely reader Annie emailed me yesterday to tell me about an awesome offer currently on the Target website (good through May 7th!): Buy 2 of these select e.l.f. items and get FREE SHIPPING. Apparently some of these items are actually not even available on the e.l.f. website, which makes this deal even BETTER! Thanks so much, Annie, for the great tip!

Second: many of you have graciously reported to me that you're finding e.l.f. and e.l.f. Studio products at your local Dollar Trees lately. I have personally spotted various shades of e.l.f. Studio Eyeshadow Singles (Coffee Bean and others) which are a great value at $1 since they retail for $3, and also lots of e.l.f. eye brushes. I didn't find my favorite eyeshadow brush of all time (the e.l.f. Eyeshadow Brush) but I did find, and purchase, this one:


This is my first time using the Defining Eye Brush, and so far I love it. It's incredibly soft, and I like the angled edge for applying shadow to my crease. This retails for $1 and of course it's $1 at Dollar Tree as well, so no real cost savings, but if your Target is slow to restock their e.l.f. brushes, Dollar Tree can be a nice alternative to get your e.l.f. fix.

One thing I want to point out is that I noticed that the length of the bristles and the degree of the slant tend to vary from brush to brush. My Dollar Tree had a ton of e.l.f. Defining Eye Brushes for sale, so I had the luxury of sorting through them to find the best brush for my particular needs. I like angled brushes that aren't too long (they tend to be a bit floppy when the bristles are long, and that's not good for applying crease color, of course). So I selected the brush with shorter bristles, and a less dramatic angle as well. But if you prefer longer bristles, or a more dramatic angle to work with, I just want you to be aware that these brushes are not created equal. Dig around and look through all of the brushes and you might find one that works better for you than the one in the front of the rack.

I hope this post helps all of you e.l.f. fans! Do you plan to scour your Dollar Trees for e.l.f. goodies or take advantage of Target's sale? If you've already spotted e.l.f. at your Dollar Tree lately, what products have you found? Anything not mentioned in this post?
SHARE:

17 comments

  1. Hey! I found butter cream, Saddle and Wild Wheat about a week ago at a Dollar Tree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you the $1 brushes vary in sizes as I've been buying them throughout the years. Also, just so your canadian readers know, if you use paypal for your payment option, you'll only be charged the US shipping (Canadians normally get nicked an additional $8!). So when it's free shipping for you guys, it can be for us too! Been doing this for years with ELF and it's saved me lots of money.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have found lots at my dollar tree but only gotten a few. I bought a defining brush, shadow brush, lipstain in birthday suit, foundation brush and some elf polishes. Also, just the other day I saw that the Dollar Tree is carrying some HIP lipsticks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am so about to hit up dollar tree!s

    ReplyDelete
  5. i have this brush and i dont like it for my crease. I've found that for me, its better for lining the upper lid with shadow

    ReplyDelete
  6. I purchased the Studio lip definer, a few of the Studio 2 in 1 glosses, and a Studio Minty l/g from the Dollar Tree.

    I've also spotted the $1 lip balms, select shades of the $1 quads, select shades of the All Over Color sticks, select shades of the Super Glossy lip shine l/g, Studio lip stains and Studio eye shadow singles at my Dollar Tree.

    ReplyDelete
  7. According to the Target site, you get free shipping on the ELF items with a "qualified $50 order."

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I recently bought a Coffee Bean shadow at dollar tree, i really like it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've seen many of these products at Big Lots as well. Several Studio eyeshadows, lipglosses, lipstains, lipbalms, brushes and even the Studio line eyelash curler. I'm located in the Northern California area just for reference

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just bought this. Looking forward to trying it out :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Andra, if you add two qualifying E.L.F. products to your cart and checkout, the shipping is deducted. I just tried it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jamie: So jealous! ;)

    Justine: Oooh, what a great tip! And I'm assuming you mean on the elf site (not Target), right? Thanks!

    Saroun: You lucky girl, you! :D

    lalaG: Good luck--hope you find tons of goodies!

    Samysalsa: Oh really? See, my brush would be way too thick for lining. But again, all of these brushes seem to vary a bit, so maybe you got a thinner one! :)

    Mimsy: Your DT rocks, girlie! Thanks for making me jealous. lol!

    Andra: Did you see Angela Van's comment below??

    Aly7: Yay! :D

    jean: Ooooh, I need to get my bootie into Big Lots after reading your comment! Thanks so much for the heads-up. :)

    Linda: Would love to know what you think of it! :)

    Angela Van: Thank you SO much for trying that out! I'm so happy to know the free shipping worked with 2 qualifying elf purchases. That would have been a huge bummer if you had to buy $50 worth of stuff. Thanks again for taking the time to leave that comment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I found (and bought) Saddle, Wild Wheat, Pebble, Coffee Bean and Charcoal but I went to three DT's that day and none had all the colors. Also, I went to TJ Maxx Sunday and saw the 12 pc Studio brush set for $24.99. I forgot how much it is on the ELF site but the brushes would cost $33 if bought separately and you get a brush roll/holder.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I picked up one of these brushes at Dollar Tree a week or two ago. I also grabbed up 3 of their eyeshadow brushes, because I had one and I'm constantly grabbing for it. You can never have too many shadow brushes, right? I did notice that the bristle length did differ by brush, so I checked 'em out and got the ones that were 'just right' for me. Hey, for a dollar, it's worth a little searching, right?

    ReplyDelete
  16. I agree that not all elf brushes are created equal, even if they're supposed to be the same thing! particularly the $1 line. the $3 studio line seems to be a lot more reliable at least in terms of shape/size lol

    i bought two of the $1 shadow brush (which is amazing btw) and one is HG material, the other was a lot thinner and doesn't apply as well so i don't use it as often. when i was buying at target, i had to sort through the whole stack to find the ones i wanted (correct shape) lol it's quite interesting.

    i bought a Jane Iredale slant e/s brush that's sorta in that shape (less sharp edged tho) and found that it is DEFINITELY not for me (can't get used to the slant)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi there - do any of you know if the Dollar Tree's in San Diego stock E.L.F products? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig