Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Sunday, March 13, 2011

The Weekly Drugstore Makeup Sales


It's been a difficult week to think about things like makeup, given all the suffering that's going on in Japan. I hope that, if anything, my silly little blog provides you with a diversion if/when you need it. I urge everyone to donate, in any way they see fit, to help the victims of this crisis. Thank you.

And with that, please click here to check out the full list of makeup sales this week, compliments of my pal, Make-Up on the Cheap.

In addition to my picks for best drugstore deals of the week, which is now up here, I wanted to call your attention to some outstanding deals you should be aware of this week.
  • Also at CVS, I know that I normally don't mention BOGO1/2OFF sales on this blog, but Organix haircare is BOGO1/2OFF this week and I know a LOT of you have been wanting to try the new keratin and argan oil products, so I wanted to be sure you knew about this. By the way, in case you haven't visited my post about the Organix keratin and argan oil products in a while, several readers have left comments describing their experiences with these products here. This might be helpful for those of you thinking about trying these.
  • Just like last week, Rite Aid is BLOWING UP with amazing beauty-related deals again this week. This is the week to get your $1.99 L'Oreal Go 360 cleanser, folks! Click here for all the details!
  • Also at Rite Aid, there's a 40% off Maybelline sale, a 40% off Almay sale and a 30% off CoverGirl sale. All at the same time! Click here for the details.
  • I also want to give props to Rite Aid for actually TELLING you to stack coupons this week. There's an in-ad coupon for Clairol Natural Instincts (2/$11.98) and they actually show you, in the coupon, that if you stack THEIR coupon with the manufacturer's coupon for $5 that's in today's newspaper, you'll get two boxes of Natural Instincts for just $6.98. They literally could not make it any easier.
  • One last Rite Aid deal I have to mention: L'Oreal Youth Code skincare is on sale for $5 off this week, plus you'll get $5 +UP Rewards with purchase. BUT, it gets better! There's also a $5 Youth Code coupon on the Video Values site! So when all is said and done, you'll be getting $15 off your purchase.You could even take this a step further if you had a manufacturer's coupon, because you can stack those with Video Values coupons.
  • I lied: one more thing you should know about Rite Aid this week: just like last week, there are special beauty-releated coupons in their weekly flier (Neutrogena, Aveeno, Clean & Clear and ROC) that you can stack with manufacturer's coupons if you have them. So be sure to grab the weekly circular if you don't already have it.
  • Finally, Walgreens has a true 40% deal! We don't see enough of these at Wags, so I'm delighted to tell you that Revlon cosmetics and implements (excludes Colorburst. Boo!) are 40% off this week. AND you get $3 Register Rewards when you spend $10.
  • Also at Walgreens, Olay Regenerist products are on sale, and you get a FREE CoverGirl Lip Perfection lipstick with purchase. I love those lipsticks, so I think this is a great little freebie.
  • One more thing of note this week at Walgreens: I believe that a few weeks ago there was a coupon in the paper for the Venus ProSkin Razor System (I think it was for $3 or $4 off?) and this week it's on sale for $7.99 with $4 Register Rewards. If you have that coupon, you'll be getting this razor for free or very close to it.
Happy shopping!
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. Ohhh! So glad Walgreens has a Revlon sale going on! I need to stock up on a few foundations and powders for my kit. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the info about Clean & Clear, which I totally missed. There's a coupon for any Clean & Clear Product here: http://bricks.coupons.com/Start.asp?bt=vg&tqnm=zegoetj67732119&o=61553&c=CC&p=aNKA1FTM

    For only $0.99 each, I will definitely be picking one of these up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A Brilliant Brunette: Yay! So glad this works out so well for you, sweetie!

    Linda: Ooooooh!!! YOU ROCK! That coupon makes this irresistible! Thank you so much for the link!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. The revlon sale is even better than that. They are giving a $3 register reward with $10 Revlon purchase, plus, there are $1 off tear pad coupons for top speed nail color. My deal will look like this: 3 top speed polishes =$10.79 after 40% off, use 3 1/1 coupons, so OOP will be 7.79 plus tax. Will receive a $3 RR making my total 4.79 for 3 polishes I have been coveting!! Woot woot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. razberiswrl: Oh I completely forgot to mention the $3 RR! Thank you for reminding me. And I didn't know about the tear-pad coupons since I don't have those at my Wags. See, this is why I should always ask a Beauty Advisor for coupons (they often keep them behind the counter). Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that Venus coupon is for $5 off a razor and refill, unless there was another one I missed. The sale and the coupon combined are enough to make up for the price of the razor and then some.
    Also, today's RedPlum insert has a coupon for $1 off a Dial NutriSkin lotion. At Wags, it's $4.99 with $3 RR, and at CVS, it's $4.99 with $3 ECB. So, whichever your preferred store, you can get the lotion for 99 cents, basically. I know I'm going to be picking one up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I did find some Venus coupons that were $3 and $4....but when I looked closer at them, you had to buy 2. They may or may not be the ones you were refering to; I did miss a few weeks of getting the coupon inserts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Went to Rite Aid today and picked up 6 of the Maybelline LE Spring 2011 nail polishes for 48 cents total after coupons and +UPs I had. (:

    ReplyDelete
  9. Plus, some Revlon products are still BOGO1/2. Nail, Photoready, and Grow Luscious mascara, I believe. I bought the special set of photoready powder w/a free blush and a Grow Luscious w/a free eyeshadow. The Photoready came up to 8.39 after 40% off, and the mascara was 5.40, -2.70 for the 50% off, -2 $1 off coupons(found in the current Walgreens beauty book at the counter). And I got the $3 register rewards!

    Which I used to buy two polishes: 2.99 for the first, 2.99 for the second, minus -1.50 from the 50% off, and then -2 from the coupons. I used the RR so both were pretty much free.

    Long story short: the 40% and the BoGO1/2 on some Revlon products stack.

    ReplyDelete
  10. G, I like the consistency of the Lip Perfection lipstick I bought, but don't really like the scent, I can handle that...but I can taste it too if I happen to lick my lips which c'mon you're bound to do once or twice anyway. Well, it tastes like I've spritzed cologne in my mouth. The weird part is that I love my Color Riche lipsticks which many women can't stand the perfumey scent of that one, but it has no taste as far as I know. Anyhow, you didn't notice a taste like this with yours? Or anyone else, am I just oversensitive to this one?

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig