Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Monday, March 21, 2011

New body washes from Nivea, Caress and Softsoap

When I was out and about over the weekend, I spotted some new body washes I wanted to share with you!

 Softsoap Moisturizing Body Wash in
Raspberry Sorbet & Almond Blossom
(retail: around $5, 18 oz)

I could definitely smell the raspberry in this one, with a touch of almond as well. The overall fragrance seemed sweet and a tiny bit plastic-y to me, but of course it might develop differently when you actually use it in the shower.

 Nivea Touch of Serenity Moisturizing Body Wash in
Hibiscus Blossom and Aloe
(retail: around $6, 16.9 oz)

To my nose, this one smelled similar to other fragrances in this line of Nivea body washes. It's clean, soft and feminine. I think that if you like other Nivea body washes, you might like this one as well, because it's got a similar feeling to it as the rest of the fragrances in this line.

Caress Body Wash in Sheer Twilight 
(Black Orchid & Juniper Oil)
(retail: around $6, 18 oz)

If you saw my post about the OTHER new Caress body wash, Scarlett Blossom (red lychee and patchouli), then you know I'm loving these new releases from Caress. Like Scarlett Blossom, Sheer Twilight (black orchid and juniper) has a fragrance that can be classified as more in the "perfume" category, with deep, rich notes of orchid and juniper. I'm happy to see these new options that cater to those who shy away from the fruity, fresh and sweet scents you normally find at the drugstore.

Have you tried any of these new drugstore body washes yet? If so, I'd love to hear your thoughts!
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. I haven't tried any of these yet, but I've been kind of thinking about what kind of body wash I'd like to try next! I'll be on the look out for these ones you've shared. :] Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks so good!
    We don't have this brand here in France )=

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh, the Caress body washes sound divine! G... I was just wondering... do you think people think its weird to flip open the cap of a body wash and smell it? I do it all the time but then again I don't want to buy a body wash that someone has man handled and stuck their nose all over. Do you think its the same as the people you see opening bottles of nail polish or is it different?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've sniffed that sheer twilight one and it's yum...a little strong, but I liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ive tried Nivea. But now will check out the other two =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Jessi- that is funny! I always sniff first! Now I am grossed out by the thought! I think I will sniff the front and buy from the back of the shelf! I sniffed these at Walmart the other day and would have purchased one if I couldnt find Strawberry Smoothie which I now love!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. sounds yummy!! I'll definitely have to try the Caress one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Try the Body Essence body washes. I haven't seen them anywhere other than Wal-mart. They have a great fragrance, and my skin feels nice after using them. It doesn't help that they are a good price as well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Twilight smells amazing! Bought it tonight and I smell so good!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig