Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Spotted: new Maybelline SuperStay 24 Hr. Color

I think many of us feel the same way about two-step, longwear lipcolors: they often leave something to be desired. So many of them that I've used over the years have left me disappointed. They tend to feel heavy, make my lips feel dry, and the color cakes in a few hours.

But I have to admit, when my lovely reader Maria, who just so happens to be a makeup artist, sent me some pics of this new Maybelline SuperStay 24 Hr. Color collection, I got pretty excited by the claims:


Yes, it's a two-step, longwear lip color. Nothing new there. But if you look closely at the display, you'll see that this new formula contains something called "Micro-Flex". There's a set of lips that show what it looks like when you wear traditional longwear lip colors, which "fall apart after 8 hours" (less, if you're like me) and then the lips with "Micro-Flex" which still "look and feel fabulous after 24 hours."

That's a MIGHTY bold claim, but if there is a new magic ingredient that can remedy all the things I dislike about traditional two-step longwear lip colors, I'm seriously excited to try it.

Here's a pic of the shade that Maria bought:


She's only been using it for two days now, but she tells me so far so good! I'm looking forward to her report after she's done testing it.

So, does this give you a renewed hope about longwear lip color? Are you excited to try this new line, or are you just completely against the thought of longwear lip colors in general? I'd love to hear from you!

And thanks again, Maria, for the great pics!
SHARE:

5 comments

  1. Wow! That IS a really bold claim. Let's see if it works!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That would be awesome if it lives up to its claim! I'll be waiting for you to post info about the product! Thanks for all you do Gianna! I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm skeptical but I might pick one up in hopes I can be proven wrong. I've tried a few of these 2-step drugstore longwears over the years as well and I haven't found one that works for me yet. My lips are on the dry side and they get worse in the winter anyway, so the last time I picked up something like this I tried exfoliating my lips the night before and loading up on lip salve overnight to get them prepped. It helped but after 4 hours my lips were chapped worse than ever and peeling and the color was completely messed up. I've learned that if I want a lipcolor that lasts I have to pay extra for it. Usually I'd rather re-apply and have it look nice though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm such a lipstick eater!! If it works on ME, I will consider it witchcraft! :)

    I really wonder what the texture is like, for something to last that long...

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig