Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Sales! Sales! Sales!

I've got lots of sale info I want to remind you about today, but before I get into that, you should know that the lovely Jeweled Thumb has discovered that the CVS beauty clearance sale IS BACK!

If you're a longtime reader of this blog, then you will understand why I had a mini stress attack when JT told me about this. I'm delighted to hear that lots and lots of makeup is now 50-75% off at CVS again, BUT, every time they do this, it causes a frenzy and I can hardly keep up with all the information. Add to that the new-product launches attacking the drugstores right now and, well, it's a bit overwhelming (in a very good way).

Since we've gone through this clearance sale 2? 3? 4? times by now, I already have a cheat-sheet in my mind that I can give you to help make your experience the best it can be during this sale:
  • Don't see sale signs or clearance stickers at your CVS? No problem! JUST BECAUSE A PRODUCT DOESN'T HAVE A CLEARANCE STICKER ON IT DOES NOT MEAN IT'S NOT ON CLEARANCE! If you see someone on a blog (this blog or any other) say they got XYZ product for 75% off at their CVS, and then you go to your CVS and you don't see it on sale, SCAN THE PRODUCT ANYWAY. Chances are, it will be 75% off in the system.
  • As we get deeper into the sale, I'll post a list of everything I know to be on sale, and I'd love for you to contribute if you find other products on sale. That way, we'll all know what's on sale even if our stores don't have their signs/stickers up.
  • Using coupons during the clearance sale? Eh, well, urm, that's debatable. Sometimes the cashiers will accept coupons on beauty clearance items, sometimes they won't. It really depends on your individual store, but it never hurts to try. For the record, I've had coupons denied in the past, but I've also had them accepted. It's a roll of the dice.
 Now on to the sales I wanted to remind you about:

Everybody's favorite place to get high-end beauty products at drugstore prices, BeautyTicket.com, is having a monster sale right now with everything 50% off, SITE-WIDE! Here's the code:

My advice? Don't hesitate if you see something you want, because it WILL sell out (sale ends Jan 1st).

CherryCulture.com is having a great sale right now with many NYX, Milani, etc. products 20-50% off, and you can get an additional 20% off all sale items with code S20 (sale ends Dec 30th).

Avon.com is having a year-end clearance sale right now, with free shipping on orders $30 and over:



YvesRocher's 50% off mega-sale has been extended and now ends Dec 31st:


They're also offering free shipping with $30+ purchase, and this month's free gifts (which you can select at checkout) include a coffee mug, pancho, or Argan body balm.

And finally, for all you candle freaks out there (hey, I know I'm not the only one), Yankee Candle is having their semi-annual clearance sale with $5 flat rate shipping (this sale is also going on in-store if you live near a YC retail location):


This is one of the few times of the year that tarts are $1, so it's a good time to stock up if you're a tart fiend (which I am, so I'm very happy about this).

Whew! I need to go take a nap after that. Happy hauling!
SHARE:

18 comments

  1. =) !!!

    Don't forget The Body Shop sale too! Online and in store.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving all of these sells. I grabbed some great products that were 75% off at RiteAid. Revlon Colorburst lipsticks in Chocolate, Grape and Ruby. CoverGirl Outlast Smoothwear lipliners in Blush, Chocolate and Ruby. And last but not least L'Oréal Feel Naturale Light Softening Blush in Plume, Pinched Pink, and Caramel. (These blushes weren't at my CVS when them on clearance.) I'm super happy with my purchases.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how perfect! I have a nice stack of coupons that expire over the next few weeks, and I can't wait to see how many will combine with the sale. The only thing that makes me happier than a sale is a sale/coupon duet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh, this is awesome. My girls and I are going on a bargain-hunting excursion tomorrow, and this is just absolutely beautiful timing. I am pretty darn excited about this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. UGH!!!! I live in the Pacific NW and we DON'T have any CVS's! It seriously drives me insane. I feel like Walgreens' prices aren't always very good, and while I'm faithful to Rite Aid, neither of them have the famed coupon slot machine! Woe, woe, to live in the rainy, rainy CVS deprived NW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So excited! I actually asked on MUA yesterday if anyone knew when the CVS clearance sale would start. I should have known you'd have the information! = )
    Looks like I'll be hitting up CVS on my lunch break today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I went to CVS today (12/29) and they said the 75% off sale ended 12/27 :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Going to check out CVS very soon. As soon as I have time for the drive. I miss having one right around the corner!!! Going to check out Bath and Body Works too!! Thank you G. for all you do! I have said it before and will say it again, your blog is my little gem on a crazy work day!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can hardly wait to see what's on clearance at CVS this time around.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just hit 3 CVS stores. the first one had nothing marked, so i didn't buy anything, i forgot to scan. the second one had soooo many 50-75% items off, then the third, i hit gold, a lot of the stock was almost untouched! I got revlon nail polish, colorburst lipstick, maybelline quad shadows, physician's formula mineral blushes, almay clear complexion compact and soooo many more things! thanks G for letting me know about this sale!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Justine, don't listen to them, all that means is that they haven't gotten their signs and stickers in and don't know that the big clearance is on yet. The L'Oreal 75% off sale just ended, and that is what they think you mean. Once more people tell us what is on sale, go back to your CVS and scan!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You know what would be a HUGE help for all of us? If those of you who have the signs up could take photos or good notes of the displays and what is actually on sale. If only certain colors are on sale, let us know which ones, if the entire line of for example, Revlon Colorburst lipstick is on sale, let us know that too.

    If you have pictures then write your own post with any info you have about the sale and send G the link- email, twitter, or leave it here. If you don't have a blog, then just email the pics and info to G so she can update.

    We all know that G said not to advertise your blog here, but she meant those who swoop in and say, "Nice post." then leave a link to their blog. She also said that if you have good information pertaining to a post then it's okay to link to other blogs that add to that post. You don't have to be a mind reader to know that G is dying to get as much information about this sale as quickly as possible and get it out to her readers!

    Sorry if I come off as bossy but I'm dying to know too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my!! I also just found the CVS sale and did a video on all the products I could find that are on sale. I am most excite about the L'Oreal Hip and Physician's Formula's Shimmer Strip being on sale! All 75% off! So they are each just $2-3 or so. IT's really amazing!! I have been waiting for this sale all year. If you are interested in seeing the products, it's on my blog: http://www.divamakeupqueen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. OH yeah forgot to mention. Donna, I took pictures in this video here of everything I could possibly find that were 50-75% off. Hope it helps! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zh6dKCzGgdY

    ReplyDelete
  15. Okay guys, I just hit 2 CVS's. There were no sale stickers or signs so I basically just started grabbing various brands and started scanning. Well I really lucked up!!!
    L'Oréal HIP Duos - $2.07
    Revlon Colorstay Mineral Foundation - $3.62
    Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick - $1.49
    Revlon Nail Polish - $1.37
    There are so many things on clearance, so get to scanning. Also, I used Rimmel coupons available on Allyou.com. that made the 4 lipsticks I purchased only 49 cents. Allyou.com also has Neautrogena $2 coupons, I scanned a couple of those items and they were 50% off.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I stopped by my nearest CVS tonight and picked up a L'Oreal HIP pigment for 75% off, a Physician's Formula eyeliner for 75% off, and a Maybelline lipgloss at 50%, for a total of $9!

    I want to go to some more locations to find more HIP products (the pigments were the only things left at the one I went to) and some Maybelline lipsticks!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I know the L'Oreal HIP e/s duo: Flashy and some matte ones are $2.07. Also all HIP pigments are 75% off. The brown L'Oreal HIP eye liner cream is 75%.
    Can someone tell the specific Revlon lipgloss & lipsticks on clearance pls. I really just can't scan all of them. lol

    ReplyDelete
  18. OMG! Thanks everyone I am so excited to hit a couple of CVSs tomorrow. I hope mine doesn't get the signs up, just like they never did for the L'Oreal sale, because I cleaned up on all the goodies for that one and want to get a chance to get some great deals on this one too.

    Diva Makeup, I love the video it's such a huge help for us!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig