Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Tuesday, December 28, 2010

VERY exciting news about the new Wet n Wild 2011 products!

I am so excited to bring you this information that I can barely type straight! 

As you know, yesterday I posted some preliminary information about the new Wet n Wild 2011 product releases (click here for all the details). Some of the products mentioned in that post are already surfacing at various Walgreens locations, but I just got the inside scoop about another new product that was NOT on that list, and I'm breaking the news to you TODAY. Are you sitting down? OK good:

Wet n Wild is releasing 8-PAN PALETTES!  
Let me repeat that: 8-PAN COLOR ICON PALETTES!  

The official name for these new CORE COLLECTION (read: not limited edition!) 8-pan palettes is: Color Icon Eyeshadow Collection and there are three different palettes (each one is prettier than the next, and I will have images to share with you NEXT WEEK).

AND THAT'S NOT ALL! Let me just say this:

A certain much-talked-about dupe from a previous limited edition palette may or may not be making an appearance in one of these new 8-pan palettes.

That's all I can say about that for now, but if you've been reading my blog for at least the past month, I think you may be able to read between the lines there!

Before you jump in your car to start looking for these, let me give you some very important info:
  • They will ONLY be available in select retailers. You will only be able to find these at WALGREENS and WALMART. (So please don't complain that you've been to every CVS and Rite Aid in town looking for these--you will not find them there!)
  • They should be surfacing within the next few weeks at Walgreens and Walmart (mid-January is the goal-date, but it really depends on when your particular store decides to display them). In other words, they could be there tomorrow, or they could show up at the end of January.
Oh! And I have a bit more information to share with you:

Remember the new Wet n Wild Fast-Dry Nail Color line I mentioned yesterday? These ARE the same shades that were released earlier this year in the limited edition Pixel Perfect Craze Nail Color Collection! In other words, the colors are the same, but the formula is different.  I personally think this was a brilliant move on Wet n Wild's part, because that collection was gorgeous but I know it had a very limited release and many of you never got to see it at your local drugstores. So now ALL OF US will have access to these pretty shades! And I LOVE that they kept the cheeky TV-inspired names! The colors again are:

Everybody Loves Redmond, 9.0.2.1.Orange, The Gold & the Beautiful, The Wonder Yellows, Sage in the City, SaGreena The Teenage Witch, Teal or No Teal, Teal of Fortune, Ebony Hates Chris, Saved By The Blue, Buffy The Violet Slayer, FuschiaRama, How I Met Your Magenta, Hannah Pinktana, Blue Wants To Be A Millionaire, Silvivor, Gray’s Anatomy and Party of Five Glitters. 

If you'd like to see my swatches of The Gold and Beautiful (remember, this polish is the Craze formula, so the bottle is going to look different than what you'll see when the Fast-Dry formula appears in stores) you can click here. This collection is gorgeous and I will be showing it to you in detail in the days to come!

So, are you excited about these new 8-PAN COLOR ICON PALETTES? Remember, I'll have pics for you next week, and then I'll also be reviewing them shortly after that, so hold tight! It will be worth the way--I promise!
SHARE:

30 comments

  1. THIS IS SO EXCITING!!! I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the scoop, I can't wait to see these! LOVE your blog, hon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm super excited about the new pallets!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely need a bigger makeup case, and more np storage, whoo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 8pan palettes?? woohooooo!!! great news!! :D I'll need Wendy (CydonianMU) to do another CP for me, once the new stuff comes out! lol

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! This is exactly what I was hoping for haha. I even left a comment about wanting new 8pan palettes in your other post about the new collection :D I'm slightly annoyed that it will only be at Walgreens and Walmart (there are no Walmarts in NYC) but I'll deal. Can't wait to see pictures!!

    I also love your enthusiasm when you write your posts :) It really does make a difference knowing you love to take time out of your day to give your readers some news ^^

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG so freaking exciting!! i hope these are amazing like the old 8-pan palettes! so exciting =] thank u for the info <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh! Can't wait to see these! (You know this was the first place I came when I fired up the computer this morning!!)

    I'll be stalking my Walgreen's for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  9. so excited to see what the shadow shades look like! I think it's a bit odd that they chose to only offer them through Walgreens though. I wonder why :/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, goodness gracious... let the insanity begin! Every time WnW releases some new eyeshadow palette(s), people go at it dog-eat-dog! haha =] SO excited though!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very exciting. Have you heard about the new WnW polishes? There is a glitter similar to Deborah Lippman Happy Birthday. Checked my Wags for the new stuff today but no go and the cosmetics girl once again thought I was speaking Greek!

    ReplyDelete
  12. YAY!!! I'm so glad you guys are as excited as I am about this!! I cannot WAIT to show the palettes to you. :D

    Caitlin: It's not just Wags, it's Walmart too. And actually, it's not that unusual! In fact, the last time I was at Walmart, I noticed that Rimmel had some core collection eyeshadows that I had NEVER seen anywhere else, and they were not new. Just exclusive to Walmart. So...it happens. :)

    Generation Kvetch: I think you might have you missed the bottom part of this post! I HAVE heard about them, and I believe the one you're referring to is called Party of Five Glitters. I'll have more info on them very soon. And sorry you didn't find these at your Wags yet, but they should be there soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! This is such exciting news! Thanks G...I can't wait for the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  14. How much will the palette cost? And will there be a 50% off sale to promote it at walgreens?

    ReplyDelete
  15. thismakeupgirl: Not sure on the retail price just yet, but my guess is somewhere between $4.99-$5.99. Also, I am not affiliated with Walgreens (or Wet n Wild, or Walmart or any brand or retailer, for that matter!) so I have no way of knowing when the next WnW sale will be.

    BUT, I do know that Wags has been running 50% off WnW sales a lot lately (presumably to make room for all these new products) so I would assume they'll run another eventually. But as for running one to coincide with the release, that might be a challenge since different stores are putting these out at different times. Like I mentioned in this post, there is not one set date when ALL Walgreens are required to put this display on store shelves. I'd give it probably about a month before you start to see these new products at all locations across the country. Hope that helps.

    ReplyDelete
  16. @Cutegingerbread, I agree those old palettes rocked. I bought 3 backups of the Sand Castle and Paradise Cove palettes when they were dc'd JUST for the taupes.
    G, considering how I bought 4 of the Night Elf palettes for the dupe you may be referring to, I am uber-excited to see these new palettes. I may be able to ease away from the few MAC & NARS shadows I buy, for good.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Super great news!
    I went yesterday to my local walgreens found the color icon palletes, and a brand new display of the sally Hansen (minx) Salon Effects, so just to let you know they are out for sale :).

    They were buy one get the second 50% off, and they retail for 9.99.

    I made a tiny post ^_^.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I wonder if the new polishes are the reason why my Walgreen's has all the Craze polishes on clearance.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm on a makeup buying freeze, but I did make one exception and that was for new WnW products. I'm in need of some retail therapy today so I might head out to Walgreens tonight and see if I might get a little lucky and find these!

    Thanks for the scoop!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I still haven't hopped on and gotten the color icon palettes. Maybe I will since everyone and there mother loves them!

    ReplyDelete
  21. 8 PAN palettes?! OMG you have just made my week sweetie!!!! I am shrieking in excitement :D

    ReplyDelete
  22. Now I'm just crossing my fingers for another $5/$10 coupon in All You! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm really excited about these new palettes. I bought all of the old color icon palettes and was lucky enough to find the Night Elf palette.

    I'm really loving Wet N' Wild lately. I think their shadows are wonderful quality and such great shades.

    My all time favorite eyeshadow single is Nutty. Its so versatile. I can put nutty on with some mascara and eyeliner and go.

    ReplyDelete
  24. 8 pan palettes! I have died and gone to beauty heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  25. OMG! I'm so excited about this news. I LOVE your blog and have been reading it for a few weeks, but this is my first post. Thank you for all the great info you provide!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I may have to suspend my no-buy for these if they have one or two I like. My Wags put the 3-pan sets on display with a few other of the 2011 things in an endcap last week which look amazing. Since they never got the holiday palettes, or sold out overnight, they're forgiven since I got some of the 2011 stuff before it was technically 2011 :D It was pure luck; I turned around and there they were, THEN I came home and saw your post.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig