Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Saturday, November 20, 2010

Spotted: New Revlon ColorStay Aqua Mineral Makeup

The concept of "aqua powders", powders that go from powder to liquid form, is not new. Physicians Formula had a line of powders a few years back called Aqua Powders, Dior used to have a product called iOd Aqua Powder and, most recently, MAC released their Magically Cool Liquid Powder. In fact, come to think of it, I think Prescriptives had a version of aqua powder too, as well as several other brands.

But I'm not sure if any of the powders listed above were also mineral powders, and I don't know how many previous aqua powders on the market were designed to be worn as foundation (as opposed to finishing powder) AND were long-wear in nature.

So I was VERY excited when my lovely reader JW sent me some pics of this new Revlon display! NOTE: JW is in Canada, and I don't believe this product is available in the US yet:

image credit: JW for Nouveau Cheap
Revlon ColorStay Aqua Mineral Makeup

image credit: JW for Nouveau Cheap

image credit: JW for Nouveau Cheap

image credit: JW for Nouveau Cheap
(check out the cool brush on the top of the lid!)

Not to be confused with Revlon ColorStay Mineral Foundation, this is a long-wearing mineral aqua powder foundation. I think my head might explode! And to top it all off, how cool is that display? I love how it mimics clear waves of water!

So...if you're in Canada, have you spotted this new Revlon foundation yet? And if so, have you tried it? I cannot WAIT for it to hit the US because I will definitely be giving it a whirl. I'm so curious about the coverage--could it possibly provide the same type of coverage as the ColorStay liquid foundations? I've just got so many questions about this one!

Thanks again, JW, for the awesome scoop!
SHARE:

12 comments

  1. I saw the display, didn't think it was Canada exclusive lol. Very rare that we get anything before you guys

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, that seems awesome! :) I love Revlon Colorstay Foundation and the mousse foundation, didn't like the mineral foundation so much, but I might give this a try. Can't wait til it comes to the USA

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited for these to hit the states! Will be keeping my eye out for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so excited about this! I was considering getting the MAC one, but decided not to because it's more of a highlighter and I'd rather have something I can put all over my face. This is the product I was wanting! Haha. I'll be getting this for sure when it comes to the US.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks super interesting!! I really do like mineral makeup because its so fuss free and the coverage isn't totally obvious. I hope I see this soon after my makeup ban is lifted ^^ I don't think I see a Limited Edition label on this so I'm assuming its new and permanent?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't seen it in Canada... but I recall the original mineral foundation was bad bad bad, so I wonder if this will be better? I got the active colorstay yesterday and it's great (old I know, but new to me).

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's cool - I like the look of that brush :) It looks dense and soft!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Saw it and had to buy it (I opted out of the MAC one). It feels neat going on. The brush is cool, it clips into the lid, and the handle extends a little. Although the brush is too stiff and small to be of any real use. I haven't quite figured out the best way to apply this, and I can't seem to get any real coverage out of it. I think I have to try it a bit longer to form a real opinion. FYI Canadians, Pharmaplus has 50% off face products.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You know, I've never tried any drugstore mineral foundation. This sounds pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG, girl you got all excited! I am a fiend for mineral makeup. I absolutely love Revlon's mineral foundation (de-potted that puppy b/c the packaging sucks) but it's a fabulous formula I like it better than the L'Oreal one. Unfortunately the L'Oreal True Match mineral made me break out!!!! But this new one looks promising and hello, fabulous brush on the outside!!! ::faints::

    ReplyDelete
  11. The brush actually look decent quality! If it is going to released soon it's kind of a bad time though... Cos don't most people use a liquid foundation during the winter? And the cooling effect seems... Cold, in the winter. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. Speaking of new releases, have you seen this:
    http://www.musingsofamuse.com/2010/11/cover-girl-nature-luxe-collection-spring-2011.html

    Reminds me a lot of Almay, but I have to admit, I'm intrigued!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig