Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Review: Method Sea Minerals Hand Sanitizer

I can never resist new hand sanitizers, especially when they're on sale. When I saw that the new Method hand sanitizers were on sale for $2.99 recently at my local Vons grocery store, I couldn't resist picking up Sea Minerals because, as some of you may recall, I'm really enjoying the Softsoap Deep Cleansing Sea Mineral hand soap. So apparently I'm currently obsessed with anything that has "sea mineral" in the title.

Method Hand Sanitizer in Sea Minerals (retail: around $3.99, 7.5 oz)

In the late 80s/early 90s, right about the time that the men's fragrance Cool Water came out, aquatic-scented products were all the rage. I mean, you couldn't go anywhere without smelling aquatic notes in both men's and women's fragrances. It got to the point where aquatic notes made me nauseous and it took me a really long time to tolerate anything aquatic-scented again. I'd say it was only in the past year or two that I could stomach aquatic notes in anything (candles, lotion, etc.) and now, since "sea minerals" seems to be the new name for aquatic-scented fragrances, I find that I'm loving this note again (this doesn't mean I'll be revisiting my scrunchies and Cosby sweaters though. Sorry.). 

Even though Method Sea Minerals Hand Sanitizer has that distinctive aquatic note, I find that it's a bit updated and smells, for lack of a better word, more modern than the aquatic-scented fragrances of yesteryear.  It's not as heavy, and it's definitely not as cloying. In fact, I can detect just the slightest hint of mint in this fragrance, which seems to keep it fresh and invigorating. However, don't get me wrong: you've got to like aquatic notes if you're going to use this sanitizer. It's a strong, aquatic-based fragrance for sure. One pump and you'll be smelling like the ocean for an hour or so.

As for the feeling of this sanitizer on my hands, I LOVE it. I've been using it for over a week straight now, and it never leaves my hands feeling sticky or tacky, and they don't feel or look dry either (which I am attributing to the fact that aloe vera is the second ingredient in this product). Score! I also love that it absorbs quickly and you don't have to keep rubbing your hands together for several minutes until it soaks in. I've timed it and it takes me about six seconds, from the time I pump the product into my palm, for it to fully absorb into my skin.

And just like CleanWell hand sanitizers, Method Hand Sanitizers do not contain the controversial ingredient tricolsan. So if that's a concern for you, you can rest easy with this one. In fact, it doesn't contain phthalates or any other controversial ingredients (click here for more info). Oh, and did I mention that I just love the pear-shaped bottle? It's so cute, and such a departure from the standard anti-bac bottles on the market.

As far as hand sanitizers goes, I give Method Sea Minerals two (very clean) thumbs up! It also comes in one other fragrance, Sweet Water, which you can see here. I've used other products in the Sweet Water scent and I really love that fragrance as well, so I think I'll pick that one up next. 

You can find Method products at Target, Bed Bath & Beyond, and tons of other retail locations in the US and Canada (click here for a full list).

Do you already use Method products? What are some of your favorites?
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig